PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know this guy???

-copyguy-
08-07-2006, 09:09 AM
Anyone know this DarthVader77 guy...aka

<I removed his info...he's responding now>

He is not responding to any emails/PMs from me...i sent him a MO for $45. exrider23 may be out a lot more as he tried to buy an engine from this dude...

exrider23 called him up and asked why he wasn't responding to my emails and where the tracking number was for the engine...the guy got upset and threatened to file a restraining order!!!

Thanks,

-copyguy-

-copyguy-
08-07-2006, 10:41 AM
bump

atvRiDa400ex
08-07-2006, 10:50 AM
go murdalizzzze him

-copyguy-
08-07-2006, 11:14 AM
unfortunately it's a little far for me to go for $45...

Start address: Campbell, NY 14821
End address: Holland, MI
Distance: 642 mi (about 11 hours 27 mins)

Do you think the local PD might be able to swing by and talk to him for me?

-copyguy-
08-07-2006, 12:34 PM
so I called this guy...he hung up on me twice in a row while I was talking to his answering machine. Then 5 minutes later finally picked up the phone by mistake and got stuck talking to me.

He claims to have sent my stuff out late last week although he has:
1) hung up on me when I said who I was
2) changed his cell number
3) not responded to any emails
4) not logged back into the site after he found out I had sent him money

I have talked to the Holland, MI police and they instructed me to file a report with my local police who will then forward the issue out to them.

I'm going to give him a couple more days, then the report gets filed. I'll also file the mail fraud claim as well.

-copyguy-

fatkid400
08-07-2006, 01:10 PM
Man I hope they get him or your money back.Unfortunatly I read alot of post about guys getting ripped off on this site.It make me real mad that people can do :mad: Good luck.

exrider23
08-07-2006, 05:08 PM
yes i am going to file to ...i sent him 700 dollars and recieved no engine...if i dont either get the engine or get my money back i am going to be forced to sell my 4-wheeler:( ......im 15, worked all summer to get the money for an engine, then i get ripped off....

Mean250r
08-07-2006, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by exrider23
yes i am going to file to ...i sent him 700 dollars and recieved no engine...if i dont either get the engine or get my money back i am going to be forced to sell my 4-wheeler:( ......im 15, worked all summer to get the money for an engine, then i get ripped off....

buzz kill

MasterOfFaster
08-07-2006, 08:15 PM
This guy is trying to take me for my money as well. I sent him $65 and he cashed the money order. Now he won't respond to his e-mails and cell phone # is disconnected. I left him a message on his answering machine but I can see now that I will have to go to the police as well. I will also file a mail fraud report.

MasterOfFaster
08-07-2006, 08:32 PM
UPDATE

EDIT: Parts Recieved

Also, here is the link for the United States Postal Service mail fraud complaint form. For subject of complaint pick "failure to provide" under merchandise.

http://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/fraud/MailFraudComplaint.htm

DarthVader77
08-07-2006, 09:02 PM
Everyone is getting there stuff I love how my personal information is being posted and my family is going to be harrassed honestly how old are you guys? starting a lynch mob on a public forum at my expense and you have no undeniable proof that i ripped any of you off.

if you guys wanted overnight shipping you coulda paid me for it and i would have gladly done so.

This will be all resolved when your stuff arrives thanks for tarnishing my name on the forums for your enjoyment.

You may file your reports at cost to your time and money.

And your posting my time spent online? Nice just because I don't login for a few days so what? its called being on vacation and also my number for my cell phone is disconnected because its being ported over.

Anything else people want to know about my personal life Just ask.

-copyguy-
08-07-2006, 09:05 PM
why haven't you replied to any of the emails I sent you?

-copyguy-
08-07-2006, 09:06 PM
Here's the copy of the email I just sent you that I promised to post...

To: sithlord@gmail.com

Subject: your last chance to do the right thing

Cory,

You have at least 3 people on the atvriders.com site wondering where the hell their parts are.

All three of us are planning on filing police reports with our local authorities which will then be forwarded to the Holland, MI police department. I spoke with a nice officer out there today that gave me the proper procedure to follow.

In addition to contacting the police, we are all planning on filing with the USPS against you for mail fraud...which is a FELONY.

The way I see it, you can either try to ride this out and get pinched hard by the cops and the feds or you can do the right thing and send the money the you took from everyone back to them VIA PAYPAL plus 5% to cover the paypal fees. Don't try to pull any "the check is in the mail" junk.

This email will be posted on the atvriders.com website in several threads should you choose to log in to the site and respond. I'm sure you have several PMs waiting for you.

Have a nice evening, and I look forward to getting an email from PayPal saying that I have money waiting for me.

Kevin Matthews
matthews@consultassoc.com

I'll give it 2 more days to see if exrider23 gets his engine or MasterOfFaster or I get our parts...

MasterOfFaster
08-07-2006, 09:08 PM
You had enough time to cash everyone's checks but you didn't have enough time to ship the parts, is that what you're saying?

I will gladly remove all the information I posted as soon as my parts arrive and the other two members problems are solved, so I guess you better get to the shippin...

DarthVader77
08-07-2006, 09:09 PM
your pretty wrong with stacy boeve i have no clue who that is.

MasterOfFaster
08-07-2006, 09:11 PM
Doesn't matter, just ship the parts or return the money and be done with it.

You cashed my money order on the 27th of July which has given you more than ample time to ship my parts out.

DarthVader77
08-07-2006, 09:12 PM
your parts are on the way shipped same time as your friend -copyguy-'s

MasterOfFaster
08-07-2006, 09:13 PM
How were they shipped and tracking numbers please???

For all three deals.

DarthVader77
08-07-2006, 09:16 PM
This is not a public matter masteroffaster

-copyguy-
08-07-2006, 09:16 PM
Thanks, we truly appreciate it. I find it amazing though that you couldn't respond to a single one of my emails for the past few weeks, but once I sent you that one tonight I got a reply like 2 minutes later...and this was the nice response you sent....

Why dont you give me a call big shot. you know my number you wont answer yours.

Once I get my stuff, I will gladly delete ALL of my posts on this topic and mark you as a decent seller in the traders section.

Thanks.

KM

MasterOfFaster
08-07-2006, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by DarthVader77
This is not a public matter masteroffaster

Send me a private message then with the tracking #'s

DarthVader77
08-07-2006, 09:19 PM
If i ripped anyone off i would not have

1. provided all my information
2. posted here to speak my peace
3. bothered to send emails at all
4. cashed the money orders at my bank

You guys are blowing everything here out of perspective.

what buisness is it of yours to get private information from me about other orders?

-copyguy-
08-07-2006, 09:19 PM
I was told that mine was shipped USPS with no tracking or receipt confirmation...

I can understand that. It's just that you are dodging all three of us it seems.

Like I said, you got 2 days for exrider23, MasterOfFaster, or me to have parts or money...either one is fine with me...I just want it settled.

DarthVader77
08-07-2006, 09:20 PM
have your fun your lives must be filled joy if this is what you have come down to on a monday night at 11:36pm

i have to goto bed have fun at my expense.

-copyguy- your cool file your report i dont really care at this point. you will end up wasting your time.

i dont care for threats. do what you wish.

-copyguy-
08-07-2006, 09:21 PM
what buisness is it of yours to get private information from me about other orders?

We're just tryin to watch out for each other...

-copyguy-
08-07-2006, 09:26 PM
-copyguy- your cool file your report i dont really care at this point. you will end up wasting your time.

Trust me, I don't want to do anything like that. But if I have to I will. It's a big waste of everyone's time. Also, like I said, I hope to hear some good news about these transactions in the next couple of days.

If you had responded to some of the emails sent to you about these transactions as fast as you did tonight, this thread would not even exist.

MasterOfFaster
08-07-2006, 09:26 PM
have your fun your lives must be filled joy if this is what you have come down to on a monday night at 11:36pm

i have to goto bed have fun at my expense.

i dont care for threats. do what you wish.

OK, so have you shipped the parts or not? Or are you going to? You pick one, you can either ship the parts or we can all file mail fraud reports against you.

DarthVader77
08-07-2006, 09:29 PM
Let me verify this is your information? Sorry i have a job and juggle 2 kids i have plenty of time to be online all the time.

i dont need to be at your levels.

Andy i will leave you out of it your a decent kid and thats all that matters these other jokers are feeding you lies.

-copyguy-
08-07-2006, 09:31 PM
he said that yours and mine went out at the same time...which I was told was last week. USPS puts that at 4 days transit time to me from him. I can hold on for 2 more days.

MasterOfFaster
08-07-2006, 09:31 PM
My phone # is 989-239-0898, not 0868, my phone is on and you are more than welcome to call me if you'd like.

DarthVader77
08-07-2006, 09:32 PM
Naw lifes short and Im over this enjoy the parts. I'm done here.

MasterOfFaster
08-07-2006, 09:34 PM
OK, thanks, I'll be waiting.

-copyguy-
08-07-2006, 09:34 PM
Let me verify this is your information? Sorry i have a job and juggle 2 kids i have plenty of time to be online all the time.

Andy i will leave you out of it your a decent kid and thats all that matters these other jokers are feeding you lies.

Yup that's me :D And I remember what you said about exrider23 on the phone today how he was a punk kid that was calling you 10-20 times per day and driving you nuts. He also mentioned to me that you threatened to file harassment charges against him for calling you to ask if his stuff had shipped...

-copyguy-
08-07-2006, 09:42 PM
Darth,

Like I said before. If I get my stuff, I will definitely go through and clean out these threads. I hope I can be doing that soon.

copyguy

exrider23
08-07-2006, 10:20 PM
I will also clean up everything as soon as i get my engine...ok guys lets lay off for a couple days and see if we get our parts....hes responding to all of our e-mails and PM's so lets cut him some slack and wait a coupls days for our parts....

I will admit i did call alot, I just got done with my frame and stuff and i was really excited to get my engine...thats y i was so eager to get a trackin number....so i appologize for that.....

Andy

tim colston
08-08-2006, 06:01 AM
Make it right darth vader. You owe these people, they work hard for there money. Give him a chance to do the right thing, if he doesn't then spilt gas between the 3 of you and hit the road.

-copyguy-
08-08-2006, 06:46 PM
Just so everyone on the board knows...we still have not seen any parts from Darth...

MasterOfFaster's parts and mine supposedly got shipped last Thursday...

MasterOfFaster is in the same state as him...3 hours away...

I'm still hoping for the best, but this ain't lookin good.

-copyguy-
08-09-2006, 06:08 PM
Still no parts for any of us...

How long do you guys think we should wait before filing charges?

We all sent this guy money back on July 23rd...He said the stuff shipped out last week and he has no tracking numbers (even for the $700 engine!)

I'd appreciate some input from the members of the board...the mods especially since they've probably seen this stuff time and time again.

Thanks,

-copyguy-

Pappy
08-09-2006, 06:16 PM
We (mods) cant really do anything. We can take no responsibilty in any transactions on this site involving members, just issues with sponsors etc.

The biggest tip I can give you is to have any part you buy from any forum shipped C.O.D. It may add a few dollars to the buying price but you do not pay unless you get the part.

-copyguy-
08-09-2006, 06:23 PM
Thanks Pappy. I wasn't really looking for you guys to DO anything for us, I was just looking for input on how long is long enough to wait it out and hope for the best? If you've got no opinion on it, that's fine.

Once this situation is over, I don't know whether to just delete this thread or leave it as a reminder that can be pointed to that shows how bad stuff can go...

Thanks.

Pappy
08-09-2006, 06:28 PM
Well, if he recieved the $$ around the 25th or so, Id say your parts should be there any day if he shipped them. He stated he went out of town so I wouldnt be freaking out just yet, especially if he recieved the $$ a day or two prior to leaving. We have all been in that situation before.

Heck, I intend to do things and somehow I find away to get a few days behind:p I do however try and communicate with my buyers no matter what the situation is, and most know that I would rather get my manhood run over by a truck before I ever screwed someone so its all good:p

Some folks also get themselves in an ordeal where they cant find whats needed to ship a part. I know that doesnt sound right, but even I have been a week finding what I need to ship some things.

-copyguy-
08-09-2006, 06:34 PM
Yeah I know. I just have a hard time swallowing that he said mine and MasterOfFaster's stuff shipped last Thursday. MOF lives in the same state as him...

Oh well...another day or so and then it's gonna be time to do something more about it. I know he is subscribed to this thread so I hope he doesn't think I'm bluffing...cuz I'm not. :scary:

MasterOfFaster
08-09-2006, 07:49 PM
Just so he knows, I also am not bluffing, I will give it one or two more days. I am three hours away from him so if he really did ship last thursday I would have at least had my parts by now.

All we can hope is after Monday night he shipped the stuff out, my patience is about done.

As far as going on vacation, thats a joke, if he really didn't ship the parts because he was on vacation he wouldn't have been hanging up on us when we try to get ahold of him.

Pappy
08-09-2006, 07:51 PM
LOL...I never said he wasnt lying:p

COD folks...COD

08-09-2006, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
We (mods) cant really do anything. We can take no responsibilty in any transactions on this site involving members, just issues with sponsors etc.

The biggest tip I can give you is to have any part you buy from any forum shipped C.O.D. It may add a few dollars to the buying price but you do not pay unless you get the part.

I would never offer to ship something COD, did that once when I parted out a CRF dirt bike and the guy backed out of the deal on brand new forks. Guess what, I was stuck with the shipping charges to and from! Never again!

I bought a gaming system off ebay several years ago, paid for it and never saw the item. I emailed the person, found their personal info through alot of research, left messages, etc. Nothing happened until I filed mail fraud charges through the US Post Office. Mail fraud is a federal offense and the authorities take that stuff seriously. I received the gaming system shortly after the mail fraud charges were filed!!

Pappy
08-09-2006, 08:51 PM
As a buyer, getting the parts and handing over the money is the only sure way to get what your paying for. COD is the only option buyers have to ensure this. There is no perfect answer other then to only buy new or from people online that you 100% trust

08-09-2006, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
As a buyer, getting the parts and handing over the money is the only sure way to get what your paying for. COD is the only option buyers have to ensure this. There is no perfect answer other then to only buy new or from people online that you 100% trust

That still doesn't ensure you're getting what you bought, the reason being is you cannot open the item before you hand over the payment to the carrier! The person could have shipped you concrete blocks in the box for all you know.

Pappy
08-09-2006, 08:56 PM
Ummm, I recieved a box here yesterday that was opened and inspected before the check was handed to UPS.

08-09-2006, 08:59 PM
Interesting, the carrier I dealt with once with UPS would not allow me to open the box before he received the payment.

Pappy
08-09-2006, 09:00 PM
We open them all the time, even before we sign for a non cod item. The carrier can just stand there and wait because I will refuse a package if there is something wrong. I refuse to get screwed.

Matter of fact I have a gateway flatscreen monitor that came yesterday also...and it was returned after we opened it to inspect it and found a damaged screen.

firefighterjosh
08-09-2006, 09:08 PM
This is good info I am getting ready to part out my banshee. Thank You. How you do a COD? I am new to this Selling and buying thing. I am not sure to the steps for selling. I have parts for sale but I want to be able to sell them without ppl thinking I am going to screw them or me being screwed.

08-09-2006, 09:10 PM
Man, you've got some patient drivers! The ones that deliver here drop your stuff off so quickly before you can say good morning they're already in their brown limo heading down the road!

Next time I get a bunch of boxes in I'm going to ask them to hang out and watch me open everything so I can make sure all the merchandise is OK and see what he does!

Pappy
08-09-2006, 09:11 PM
When you ship the part you have the option of selecting COD. It does cost a few bucks, and usually the buyer is responsible for paying that fee so figure it into the price if that is the option they want.

ship the part, buyer pays the delivery agent and the payment is sent to you

08-09-2006, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
This is good info I am getting ready to part out my banshee. Thank You. How you do a COD? I am new to this Selling and buying thing. I am not sure to the steps for selling. I have parts for sale but I want to be able to sell them without ppl thinking I am going to screw them or me being screwed.

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/select/sending/options/cod.html

08-09-2006, 09:15 PM
Here is one of the bad parts about selling an item COD:

"The shipper assumes all risk related to the collection of the payment, including non-payment, insufficient funds, and forgery."

Pappy
08-09-2006, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Kyle_TQRA
Man, you've got some patient drivers! The ones that deliver here drop your stuff off so quickly before you can say good morning they're already in their brown limo heading down the road!

Next time I get a bunch of boxes in I'm going to ask them to hang out and watch me open everything so I can make sure all the merchandise is OK and see what he does!

My drivers have chatted while I unboxed many boxes and even unwrapped frames. You can also immediatley call UPS/Fed EX etc if you open the box afetr they leave and report an issue. They may not run right back but you can start the claim immediatley if there is an issue. I learned all about this when years ago I almost got hosed by accepting a damaged package and UPS nor the shipper were willing to acknowledge the item was damaged prior to me recieving it. Now they wait, if they dont like it I will be chatting with thier supervisor before he is out of the parking lot.

We as consumers let the delivery companies off WAY to easy when its them that in most cases cause alot of damage and wasted time and money. Dont be a victim of your own ignorance!

Pappy
08-09-2006, 09:17 PM
Here is one of the bad parts about selling an item COD:

"The shipper assumes all risk related to the collection of the payment, including non-payment, insufficient funds, and forgery."

And the shoe falls on the buyer when his parts or products fail to be shipped....the buyer is out the cash and the seller resells the parts.

08-09-2006, 09:24 PM
Sorry, we got a little side tracked didn't we?? Getting back on the point of this thread, if this guy hasn't given out tracking numbers, he's not shipped the merchandise! If he has shipped the items, why on earth would he not give the waybill numbers to you guys, because he likes being hassled by pissed off people who want to ring his neck, don't think so!

firefighterjosh
08-09-2006, 09:25 PM
So I Select COD from UPS.

I sell a part lets say $100 Includes shipping I tell UPS that they need to collect $100

UPS ships part and goes to the buyers house/bussiness and needs the cash/check up front. UPS takes the check then sends me a check for $100.

If the buyer fails to pay then I eat the shipping charges and then I sell the part for $120 lol.

08-09-2006, 09:30 PM
So I Select COD from UPS.

I sell a part lets say $100 Includes shipping I tell UPS that they need to collect $100

UPS ships part and goes to the buyers house/bussiness and needs the cash/check up front. UPS takes the check then sends me a check for $100.

If the buyer fails to pay then I eat the shipping charges and then I sell the part for $120 lol.

If the buyer backs out and doesn't pay, you eat the shipping charges to and from!

firefighterjosh
08-09-2006, 09:37 PM
If the buyer backs out and doesn't pay, you eat the shipping charges to and from!

That would suck, but I guess thats the chances you take. I think I might set up a pay pal account

xtremefullbore
08-09-2006, 09:37 PM
so.. u ever get ur money?? :chinese:

08-09-2006, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by xtremefullbore
so.. u ever get ur money?? :chinese:

If you, as the seller send something COD and the buyer backs out, you are stuck with the shipping charges to that person and then back to you! And of course since he backed out of paying, you don't get paid squat!!

As a seller, there is no advantage to shipping items COD, it's too much of a pain like I mentioned. Plus it takes longer for you to get paid from UPS.

Pappy is saying as a buyer, it's best to try and get the seller to ship COD. Which is great if you can open the box as Pappy said and inspect everything first before you pay the driver.

firefighterjosh
08-09-2006, 09:56 PM
IC IC So as a Seller you want to try to get them to send you a money order or something. As a Buyer you want a COD. lol

I will let everyone know right now I will not screw you when I start selling stuff.

-copyguy-
08-09-2006, 10:06 PM
I try to follow the old adage...

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you....

If I win an auction on ebay or if I buy something on here, if the seller takes paypal, they've got their money in their account in minutes...if it's a money order it is send within 24 hours. If I can get the cash out quick, I expect the seller to ship out quick too...is that too much to ask?

firefighterjosh
08-09-2006, 10:13 PM
What do you do about money though?

Let say you don't do COD.

Does the Seller wait for the money then send the parts or does the Buyer wait for the parts then send the money?

-copyguy-
08-10-2006, 05:50 AM
In my case, the seller gets their money as fast as I can get it to them...no messing around.

If I've bought something, I want it. I'm not the type to say that I'll take something and then decide that I don't want it anymore...

08-10-2006, 07:22 AM
What do you do about money though?

Let say you don't do COD.

Does the Seller wait for the money then send the parts or does the Buyer wait for the parts then send the money?

Never ship any items until your paid first.

-copyguy-
08-10-2006, 05:14 PM
So, I sat here tonight filling out a Mail Fraud form which I intended to turn in on Monday...and I got an email.

It was from Darth explaining that there were some problems with the shipping company (USPS? That's what I was told before...)

Anyhow, he "got it straightened out with the shipping company" and passed along a FedEx tracking number to me that comes up as shipping to my town. So, if all goes well, I should have my stuff in a couple of days. Hopefully exrider23 and MasterOfFaster get the same kinda emails this evening.

If so, then this thread can keep drifting to the bottom of the stack.

Just wanted to let everyone know that there may be good closure on this one yet.

-cg-

exrider23
08-10-2006, 05:20 PM
I GOT A TRACKING NUMBER!!....a package of 93.4 pounds is headed my way....:D

fatkid400
08-11-2006, 03:12 PM
Glad to hear that!!! I'm happy you guys are finaly getting your stuff(or atleast info on it).... And I'm also happy how you are handling the situation,Your not on here swearing up a storm but your using tactics that are very effective.Mail fraud is somthing nobody wants any part of,including old darth:p .Any time I sell or buy somthing on here I try to do my end of things as fast as possible,As most people do cause they exspect the same thing.I've only delt with buying or selling things on here acouple of times and have not had any trouble.So dont let this discourge you guys from dealing with us.We're not all bad:p

MasterOfFaster
08-12-2006, 09:36 AM
Well, I got my parts today and everything seems to be fine. :)