PDA

View Full Version : new tires : razr II's or holeshot XCR's

jb400exxx
08-23-2002, 11:05 PM
i need new tires for my 400 ex i was wondering if anybody has info on the new RAZR II's or on the new XCR's. i would like to know from people that have them how they like them, iride mostly on hard pack, but smetimes on loose, but also some mud. i was thinking of the razr II's because they were made for GNCC, and that's really the kind of riding i want to do.:confused:

Drtridr18
08-24-2002, 06:26 AM
I just got 20x11x10 XCR's on .190's, and 21x7x10's up front, haven't ridden it much, but should be able to some this weekend, and will fill ya in.

YamaWarr0121
08-24-2002, 12:01 PM
i run xcr's but like my razrs better, they wear less quick but the holeshots seem to hook up better when you just get them and for about a month of riding later, just teh razrs last longer. im not sure about the razr 2. i think there more soft compound ike the holeshots, but get the holeshots you wont regret it they are great and slide nice too

Drtridr18
08-24-2002, 02:47 PM
wow...those damn tires hook up like mad. took a bit to get used to the different ride, but those tires corner sooo much better than stock tires, if and when you get them to slide, they do it with much more precision...just like it should be, i can dive in and rail corners much harder now and hook up and power right out of it, and in the trail, they give just the right amount of "spinability." they throw some good roost, and in the little mud that i did find, they shot me right out of it with no argument, climbing over logs and stuff are no prob either so far. perfect match with the holeshots I've got up front, took some getting used to the smaller size, but man that thing handles now. big improvement and worth the coin, buy them now.

Sick0
08-24-2002, 03:47 PM
I seen the razors two and there are alot diffrent than the first one's. The look tough, hook real well in more of the lose type stuff. I don't think they would hook as good on the hard pack. If you do a lot of trail riding I would go the Razor twos. I think they would use a harder rubber on the razor twos so they would be tough on the trail, which mean they would last longer than the first ones. They also have alot of side bite.

Sick0
08-24-2002, 03:49 PM
One more thing is in the wrong room.