PDA

View Full Version : Any effects?

400exc
08-07-2006, 07:22 AM
Well..... 2 nights ago, i was riding around with some friends and some girls, and one of the girls wanted to drive mine. She never drove a clutch before this night. I showed her how, bu she still didnt really remember, so i told her to stay in the gear i left it in which was first. So she started goin in a circle real slow. So after she got used to it, she started going faster and faster until she topped out in first gear. All i coul hear was the rpm's going through the roof. She drove like a half mile down the road going full speed in first. I had no other quad around to go and catch up with her to tell her to stop. So i tried running down the road but couldnt catch up, until my friend came a little later on his prarie.My question is, is there anything that could have happened to the engine since she did that? I checked the oil and it looks like she didnt burn any. Anything else i could check to make sure?

atvn
08-07-2006, 09:12 AM
As long as it did not overheat everything should be just fine. Since she was on an open road I doubt that it got to hot.

John

Eviltanker
08-07-2006, 10:32 AM
Dude, You should be fine the air on the engine and your cdi will keep the engine in check. I've been through that before too. Now I will not let anyone without experience ride mine.

hondamanex400
08-07-2006, 03:29 PM
It will be just fine, because that is what the rev box is for...So the bike doesnt get over-reved in any gear. What she did is no different than topping the bike out in 5th gear, wide open.

400exc
08-08-2006, 08:48 AM
I was thinking the same thing as all of you guys... but I was just wondering if there might have been something else. Thanks

H400exRacr
08-09-2006, 08:38 PM
i went through the same thing teaching my little brothers friends how to drive my wheeler........it wont hurt the wheeler, they are meant to have the **** reved out of them

it does make your stomach do summer saults though :-(

TRXNIGHTRIDER
08-10-2006, 10:35 AM
haha last summer i let a girl drive mine and she did the same thing. mine was fine and plus i have a rev box so it was at a highier RPM