PDA

View Full Version : pro armor tether shocked me...bad

whitexc
08-07-2006, 06:47 AM
Just wandering if anyone else has had this problem..all wires were soldered and heat shrinked...the round aluminum contact where the tether comes through is where I got whacked, and it was a good one. I had been in the most water I've seen since the installation so that could be it...but still not right.

kickin440
08-07-2006, 06:57 AM
Unhook the wires on the switch and hook them up backwards of what they are now and it should solve the problem.

08-07-2006, 07:33 AM
What he said. You have the wires backwards and it is energizing the metal. Just switch the wires and you will be good. I did the same thing, man that switch will LIGHT you up.

SwainRacing
08-07-2006, 07:40 AM
You have it wired up Backwards. Flip the wires. The wire that comes out the side with the pice of Aluminim needs to go to the ground (frame).

whitexc
08-07-2006, 11:07 AM
Thanks for the replies...I guess I screwed up in the installation. Like I said its the first time I got real wet since the bginning of summer so it took this long to notice...it sure whacks yah good though! Thanks again.

d3ktrix
08-07-2006, 11:11 AM
lol this happens to so many people, why don't they give better instructions or make the wires diff colors or something?