PDA

View Full Version : Cats Or Dogs?

WhiteZrider
08-06-2006, 09:06 PM
What would you rather have a cat or a dog?

Personally i would have both because dogs are mans best friend and they are kick ***.

Cats are awesome because they meow, and are fuzzy. :D ( and sometimes cats dont meow because my friend brian has a cat thats like 40 pounds and when it meows it sounds like a dog barking lol....
:)

LittleMissE
08-06-2006, 09:20 PM
DOGS!! The only time I like cats is when they are kittens and play all the time!! But DOGS are cool all the time!!!

shftmx300ex
08-06-2006, 09:26 PM
i have a dog and a cat...dogs more fun to play with

nosliw
08-06-2006, 09:29 PM
i have both but prefer cats.

they aren't up your *** for attention 24/7 and just chill.
plus they take care of bugs mice and birds

LittleMissE
08-06-2006, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by nosliw

I agree with the mice part but my dog takes care of birds!!!

Cody_300ex
08-06-2006, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by nosliw

And there more independant.

Mx_523
08-06-2006, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by LittleMissE
DOGS!! The only time I like cats is when they are kittens and play all the time!! But DOGS are cool all the time!!!

Plus when my friends come over, I don't want them seeing a big hairy ***** walking around my house.:chinese:

400exrider99
08-06-2006, 09:59 PM
dogs are way better than cats. a cat wont stop a robber. some dogs wont, but they dont have guard cats

<DRS>GPF
08-07-2006, 06:01 AM
shouldve made it a poll..

i prefer both and out of doors.(except for my shop)

i like the dog because of its loyalty, but the cat is independant..

quadsquadron221
08-07-2006, 08:02 AM
cat

so i could feed it to a dog.

quads14589
08-07-2006, 08:04 AM
my dog becase she is bad *** and a good hunting partner.:chinese:

08-07-2006, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by quadsquadron221
cat

so i could feed it to a dog.
HAHA LMAO:D

bwamos
08-07-2006, 10:44 AM
I'm a dog lover, but I live in an appartment by myself and work 2 jobs (1 full time, 1 part time), so I can't care for a dog properly.

Therfore I have a cat that was a stray as a kitten. I took her in during a nasty snow storm. Best cat our family has ever had. Appropriately playful. Never get's into trouble. Only ever have to reprimand her once and she never does it again. Loves to go out on the deck.. but never has the urge to leave it. In fact if you carry her off of it.. she'll jump down and run back.. lol. She has no intention of ever being a stray again.

WhiteZrider
08-07-2006, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by bwamos
I'm a dog lover, but I live in an appartment by myself and work 2 jobs (1 full time, 1 part time), so I can't care for a dog properly.

Therfore I have a cat that was a stray as a kitten. I took her in during a nasty snow storm. Best cat our family has ever had. Appropriately playful. Never get's into trouble. Only ever have to reprimand her once and she never does it again. Loves to go out on the deck.. but never has the urge to leave it. In fact if you carry her off of it.. she'll jump down and run back.. lol. She has no intention of ever being a stray again.

Thats very nice of you to take that cat :)

08-07-2006, 12:06 PM
cats are the most worthless creatures on the planet unless you have a farm and a lot of field mice. in that case, they better be a good mouser or else it would be good target practice...

mx428
08-07-2006, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
cats are the most worthless creatures on the planet unless you have a farm and a lot of field mice. in that case, they better be a good mouser or else it would be good target practice... Go jump off a cliff. I love cat's, they are the best all around pet. They groom themselves, they have the brains to use a litterbox, they can easily be trained with little effort, they are independant yet compassionate, so much better then a dog.

MotoX3
08-07-2006, 01:49 PM
check ya pm's 428:macho

exrider008
08-07-2006, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by mx428
Go jump off a cliff. I love cat's, they are the best all around pet. They groom themselves, they have the brains to use a litterbox, they can easily be trained with little effort, they are independant yet compassionate, so much better then a dog.

x2 i have 4 cats and imo they r the best pet u could have. but i will say that it kida sucks to have to vacuum up cat hair every day cuz they r alllong haired :mad: i think the reason i dont like dogs as much is because i had one that was badly trained and was VERY annoying

08-07-2006, 02:05 PM
cats are sneaky...the kill rabbits and other things that they should not...and not for food, just because they are there...if they would eat the animal they killed, i would be all for that, but the don't they kill it and leave it without even taking one bite...the independence that you hold in such high regard is actually the inability of them to be fully tamed or domesticated.

the best all around pet is a snake..no noise, food is cheap and only necessary every few weeks, don't smell and never need a bath. and believe it or not, snakes are a good way to meet that hottie you have been fantasizing about that lives down the hall(if in college) or down the street...

my aunt has a poodle that uses a litterbox and our cocker spaniel goes to the door every time shee needs to go out. she used to go on some things we put down by the door...they were made for training a dog to ask to go out. it is much better to clean up the crap that is outside than to have an unsanitary litter box in the house.

WhiteZrider
08-07-2006, 02:12 PM
i have 1 cat and 2 dogs mt cat so awesome, and i have a really fat pug, and a really really kool golden retriever

coolex
08-07-2006, 02:17 PM
Go jump off a cliff. I love cat's, they are the best all around pet. They groom themselves, they have the brains to use a litterbox, they can easily be trained with little effort, they are independant yet compassionate, so much better then a dog.

exacly

FourFiftyFour
08-07-2006, 02:29 PM
cats are the most worthless creatures on the planet unless you have a farm and a lot of field mice. in that case, they better be a good mouser or else it would be good target practice...

This post just shows how arrogantly ignorant you are. Sometimes I dont understand how people think. I bet you are one of those *******s who will swerve to hit a cat thats on the road. I cant stand people like you.

I have had several cats during my life. I save almost every cat that I have ever owned. I did get a Siamese for Christmas one year when I was 6. I had her for 15 1/2 years and recently I found her laying dead on the floor (died of old age :( )while I was house sitting for my parents. I was horrified as that cat would follow me around and sleep with me at night when I was a child. She was a truly wonderful cat. I also have a 20 lb cat named Turbo who we swear is half dog. He plays fetch, comes when he is called, and he follows me around like a dog. I can count over 20 cats that I have rescued that were strays. They either stay with me or my parents or we spay/neuter them and get their shots and find them good homes.

Of course I love dogs as well. I have rescued several stray dogs too and they also make great pets.

trick450r
08-07-2006, 02:37 PM
personally i despise cats... however i will say that my neighbors have like 7 cats and they come over and kill moles and mise and crap all the time, yet they dont bother us, so thats cool. But for my pet, i'll take my rott.

nosliw
08-07-2006, 02:39 PM
i kind of like the fact that cats kill for fun. only species on the planet besides us that do. iirc

the kind of people who have a grudge against all cats and like to actually kill and hurt them have issues i.e. daddy shagged them when they were little or something like that.

usually when people like to hurt animals as kids grow up to be murderers.

trick450r
08-07-2006, 02:41 PM

thats all true but they arn't loyal, you ever seen a cat send someone to the hospital because he/she harmed its owner? i dont care what kind of dog you have, it WILL die for its owners safety! thats admirable

08-07-2006, 03:10 PM
ignorant-not...i have seen too many birds and rabbitsstalked and killed by a cat adn then the cat just walks awway. do i care if you hate me...nope...i don't think i will lose sleep over it...i don't swerve to hit cats, but i don't swerve to miss them either...

i am glad you like cats...they serve no purpose to me...they do more harm than good...i know it is nature for an animal to kill another animal for food, but a cat kills just to kill and it's victim could have been food for another animal, but it was wasted by the cat. that is low in my book

humans began hunting for food...most still do eat what they kill, there is a small percentage of human hunters that kill for sport only, and most of them donate the carcass to some charity, so it is not wasted

i can count on all of my fingers how many cats i have helped expire in my 33 years. none of it has been because my dad has touched me improperly, and although cats are not the only animals i have killed, they were they only ones that i have not needed a license for. does this make me a bad person? no, i enjoy hunting, and have eaten every thing i have ever killed, except for the cats. i am not a murderer. i have never killed a person, nor would i, unless they were a threat to my family

you should not judge me to be a murderer and call my father a pedophile because i hate cats...THAT IS IGNORANT... you can make generalizations about animals as they operate at a lower level than humans. if they have feelings or emotions, they do not involve them in decision making. they operate on instinct only. although they can appliy past experience to situations, they still follow a basic set of inborn actions. humans cannot be generalized, as a whole, because there are too many factors that come into play when we make a decision.

WhiteZrider
08-07-2006, 03:13 PM
WOOF BARK.......................MEOW:p

nosliw
08-07-2006, 03:35 PM

you should not judge me to be a murderer and call my father a pedophile because i hate cats...THAT IS IGNORANT... you can make generalizations about animals as they operate at a lower level than humans. if they have feelings or emotions, they do not involve them in decision making. they operate on instinct only. although they can appliy past experience to situations, they still follow a basic set of inborn actions. humans cannot be generalized, as a whole, because there are too many factors that come into play when we make a decision.

well, why don't you reread my post. i didn't call you a murdered and i didn't call your daddy a kiddie****er.

mx428
08-07-2006, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by trick450r
thats all true but they arn't loyal, you ever seen a cat send someone to the hospital because he/she harmed its owner? i dont care what kind of dog you have, it WILL die for its owners safety! thats admirable NO, because they can't (well, they can scratch) but they also can't send thier owner to the hospital if you look at them wrong. I don't need a dog to protect me.

FoxRacing81
08-07-2006, 04:16 PM
I love dogs. My golden retriever is about 10 years old, and I wouldn't trade him for anything. He is lazy, sleeps all day, but he is great. Always makes me laugh, loves attention, and knows whats going on. When my mother passed away, he knew. You could tell by the way he acted. We used to have a cat who was great as well, and before she died, when she couldn't really move, he tried to carry her down the stairs to the laundry room to let her lay on some towels. He is getting older, but he can still act just like a pup sometimes, and even though being very big, inside he is still just a big baby, but I know he would protect me if he ever needed to...

One of my neighbors cats kick *** though and is the nicest cat I have ever seen, but it also basicly lives on its own. I like cats like that. Hate the mean ones.

Guy400
08-07-2006, 05:07 PM
I hate my cat. It's a 3 year old Manx mix. Anyone want it?? I can't get rid of this SOB. Nobody I know wants a cat (even the self-proclaimed cat lovers), the local animal shelter is full so I signed up for one of those animal foster family things and haven't received a phone call in 3 weeks. My wife became extremely allergic to it after her first pregnancy and now my week old daughter is allergic as well. If that cat comes in the same room she starts sneezing so I'm constantly chasing that b@st@rd back downstairs away from us.

nosliw
08-07-2006, 05:19 PM
when i was little i was deathly allergic to cats (among most things under the sun.)

allergy shots work. i had those twice a week for a month, then once every other week for the remaining 3 months.

and during that time, we put the food outside (inside at night cause i don't want to attracted coons) and the cats just lived out there. sometimes they would want to come in, but after a couple chases out the house they decided they hated us and just lived under the house.

when i was cured of all allergies we opened the door, put the food inside, and all is back to normal.

FourFiftyFour
08-07-2006, 06:50 PM
ignorant-not...i have seen too many birds and rabbitsstalked and killed by a cat adn then the cat just walks awway. do i care if you hate me...nope...i don't think i will lose sleep over it...i don't swerve to hit cats, but i don't swerve to miss them either...

i am glad you like cats...they serve no purpose to me...they do more harm than good...i know it is nature for an animal to kill another animal for food, but a cat kills just to kill and it's victim could have been food for another animal, but it was wasted by the cat. that is low in my book

humans began hunting for food...most still do eat what they kill, there is a small percentage of human hunters that kill for sport only, and most of them donate the carcass to some charity, so it is not wasted

i can count on all of my fingers how many cats i have helped expire in my 33 years. none of it has been because my dad has touched me improperly, and although cats are not the only animals i have killed, they were they only ones that i have not needed a license for. does this make me a bad person? no, i enjoy hunting, and have eaten every thing i have ever killed, except for the cats. i am not a murderer. i have never killed a person, nor would i, unless they were a threat to my family

You truly are a sick individual....and Ill judge someone by how they treat an animal....why in the hell would you want to shoot a cat? What in the hell did it ever do to you? Why dont you just start shooting everything you dont like just because "you dont need a license." Lets see how long you last before your sick *** goes to jail. If you are going to say stuff like you have been saying then you have no reason to post in an animal lovers post because you are in no way an animal lover. Wow I feel sorry for anyone who is in your life :ermm:

08-08-2006, 07:04 AM
what do you know about me to call me sick. when i shoot a cat, it is for the protection of the wild life or farm anilmals. while i was dating my wife, she lived on an farm and 6 of the 8 cats i have shot were essentially wild strays that were killing her families chikcens. her dad would hand me the 22 when he left the house and said if you get a chance, you know what to do. they were losing 3-5 chickens a week because of these cats. one of the other 2 was hit by a car and not going to make it. i wouldn't have spent the money to save it anyway. the last one was after a family of rabbits. i watched it kill a baby the night before. i was not going to let that happen again.

i said all the animals i have killed have required a license, except for the cats. that includes deer, rabbits, pheasant, grouse, trout, bass, crappie, woodcock, turkey and others i have even thought about. i was licensed for all of them. i ate all of them too. mmm they were good. have you ever seen a deer ithat was too weak to get up and run due to starvation. i have on a few occasions, and it is a sad sad sight and i would rather see the deer die a quick painless death than to watch it suffer from starvation for weeks during a winter. i have seen that too many times.

and for you to make a better judgement of me. i am a volunteer firefighter, i have in the past, had my emt certification. i have gone into burning buildings to pull out an unconscious victim, and helped people out of mangled cars. i have held a hose line on a car that was wrecked and on fire in sub-zero temperatures while water dripped and froze on my bunker gear, all so the other firefighters and paramedics could try and save the gentleman driver, knowing full well that his chances of survival were slim. we lost him, but we still tried. this was 2 days before christmas and his buddy was begging us to not let him die because he ahd a wife and 2 kids at home.

i don't normally talk about what i have done to save peoples lives, but i think it is warranted when you are questioning my character, especially because you love cats and i have different opinion of them. can i hate cats and sleep with myself at night, you bet. would i shoot a cat again if it were going after chickens or baby rabbits. without a second thought. does that mean i am cold hearted or a sick individual. no ma'am, it does not. like i said, humans allow past experiences to affect their decision more than any other animal. i have different experiences with cats than you. you have only seen the good side, or what little of a good side there is. i have witnessed the bad side of cats and that outweighs the few good qualities that they have. at least in my opinion.

notice i have not insulted you, called you names, but rationally and without emotion, stated my case. you on the other hand have done tnothing but be insulting and passed judgement on me without knowing me. so i don't like cats, i bet you have friends that feel the same way, but they are still your friends. i do not hold ill will towards you, but my guess is if i were to meet you inperson, you would shun me. oh well, such is life

Mx_523
08-08-2006, 07:51 AM
because my dad has touched me improperly,

:chinese: :ermm: :huh :huh :huh

08-08-2006, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Mx_523
:chinese: :ermm: :huh :huh :huh

that was in response to nosliw, who has either edited his post himself or it was edited for him...

DVXchic
08-08-2006, 08:26 AM
Interesting post,
I am a cat lover, I have two cats and 4 dogs, Imo i think people who dislike cats have never had one of their own they raised since a kitten. I have had 4 cats in my adult life and never have had a mean one. They have all been very loving and affectionate. They have never killed a bird or a rabbit, but have killed mice.
On the other hand my three outdoor dogs have killed many animals for sport, just yesterday they killed a raccoon, and it will make that their 4th one, they used to go to the nieghbors barn and kill their barn cats, I gave the neihbor permission to do whatever nessessarie to keep the dogs out of their barns, they shouldn't be there in the first place. and they like to bring home pig bodies from the other nieghbors and leave them on my lawn. So those who think dogs don't kill for sport are wrong.(pigs are already dead)
I love all animals, and people who kill for sport piss me off, you should all be hunted down to see how it feels:blah:

nosliw
08-08-2006, 09:41 AM
nope, i don't edit my posts. the mods didn't get to them either.

08-08-2006, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by DVXchic

I love all animals, and people who kill for sport piss me off, you should all be hunted down to see how it feels:blah:

have you ever seena deer in the woods suffering from starvation? it si not a pretty sight. when an animal that should be able to get up and run from cannot because it is so weak, is s ad sight. imagine walking up to a wild animal and seeing it struggle to get up and run, only to fall and flounder. without hunting, during a harsh winter, that is what happens. the food becaomes scarece and the animals starve. what would be worse, suffering for a few seconds or weeks on end?

the dogs you refered to are not properly trained...a dog can be trained not to do that. a cat cannot. the cat will always give in to it's instincts. a dog can be trained to ignore it instincts.

nosliw, i guess it is till there...my bad

WhiteZrider
08-08-2006, 10:42 AM
My moms freind has 3 dogs that are very mean, they try and kill anything, not humans though. But this one time there was this cat walking across the yard, and her dogs caught it and ripped it to shreds, only thing was like some bones and hair left. I hate those dogs because im more of a cat person. MEOW

quadsquadron221
08-08-2006, 10:43 AM

This is exactly right. There is nothing like hitting a cat at 400yrds. with the .30-.06 . Just out there looking at at killing a quail and wack the thing looks like a torn piece of leather flying through the air. Cats kill quail rabbits game birds...etc. The good stuff that we want around. If i see a coyote a coydog or cat when im driving around. I go ahead and exterminate them. Most of the people on here who live in towns and cities have no idea how these worthless predators can hurt our wild game. I love sitting out in a field with a rabbit distress call howling and just waiting for the coyotes and cats to come out of the wood work. Then knock em down. Doesnt make me feel bad one bit. Every cat you kill you save rabbits and quail and that makes me happy. Or when your sitting in your tree stand and an old rotten cat comes along and stickin him to the ground with an arrow.

quadsquadron221
08-08-2006, 10:53 AM
one time an old timer showed me how to kill possums buy stepping on their head and grabbing their tail and jerking thus breaking its neck. Well its harder than it looked but i got it. Works with cats too but if you pull with the strength it take for a possum then the tail will come off.

quadsquadron221
08-08-2006, 10:55 AM
I administerd this tactic to an old stray cat that kept getting into our chicken house and killed a couple. I courned the old rascal and it was lights out for him.

WhiteZrider
08-08-2006, 10:57 AM
one time an old timer showed me how to kill possums buy stepping on their head and grabbing their tail and jerking thus breaking its neck. Well its harder than it looked but i got it. Works with cats too but if you pull with the strength it take for a possum then the tail will come off.

Your rotten, would you like it if someone stepped on your head, and than pulled your tail until you broke your neck.... NO!

quadsquadron221
08-08-2006, 10:59 AM
Thats just part of having livestock. Protecting them.

450ERRRRRR!
08-08-2006, 11:57 AM
We had a pretty good cat once. It did leave a different birds head on the front porch every morning. The neighbors pack of 10 dogs ate her for breakfast one morning. Here's our little bud. His name is Buckwheat and he likes to go fast on the 450R.

FourFiftyFour
08-08-2006, 01:42 PM
Thats just part of having livestock. Protecting them.

you are truly a derranged person. people who brag about the stuff you said really need to go seek counseling. well why dont i shoot every dog in sight just bc it chases chickens or what not? why dont i? because its WRONG..you two are both WRONG.

08-08-2006, 01:58 PM
you think i am wrong. that is you opinion. an opinion only. i hate cats. i don't have to like cats or tolerate them. farming is a business and a source of income. the livestock is an asset, making it's life a valuable commodity. if something is endangering that commodity, then that danger must be eliminated. not only is there a loss of production(eggs, or the chicken itself). loss of production in any form is not good for a business. cats like this are smart and usually avoid traps. the only recourse to eliminate the loss of production/profit/income/livelyhood is the ending of the cats.

like is said before, i am not going to lose any sleep tonight becuase you disagree with me and think i am a sick individual. if i saw a dog after livestock, it would get the same treatment. anything else, coons, fox, etc, i would let the game comission take care of the problem.

i know you are one of those people that think animals have feeling and stuff. i laugh at that. their brains aren't that developed. oh, by the way, i have 2 dogs also. a cocker spaniel and a german shorthair. the gsp is a hunter...she is a great bird dog...she also stays outside. the cocker is a house pet for my daughter. and i am allergic to cats

Guy400
08-08-2006, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
you are truly a derranged person. people who brag about the stuff you said really need to go seek counseling. well why dont i shoot every dog in sight just bc it chases chickens or what not? why dont i? because its WRONG..you two are both WRONG. CDaleChick, it's obvious you don't understand farm life whatsoever. You want to be the champion of domesticated animals but what about the chickens? Is it OK in your mind to allow cats and dogs to continually kill them for no reason? You can't allow other animals to kill your animals. I don't advocate shooting cats for fun but I've killed them because they kept getting in the chicken coops on my grandfather's farm and killing chickens. It's not like they kill them for food, they kill them to kill them. I've walked in the coop and had 2 or 3 dead chickens just dead and laying there. We had several barn cats that kept the mice down and they never bothered any of the other animals. However, these stray cats that get in the coops have to go. I'm not biased against cats either. I had to shoot the lead dog in a pack of 5-6 that used to run all over the place harrassing people and other dogs. My grandmother was out one time feeding her bannie roosters when these dogs came out of nowhere menacing her. She screamed and when I came out with the 12 guage they started to run. I caught that SOB right in the neck as it started to round the corner of the house and I'm not sorry one bit I killed it. The rest of those mutts never came around again. I've also shot racoons and weasels.

You can have whatever opinion you please about animals but don't come on here telling farmers that they're sicko's for shooting cats that kill their livestock. Whether you care to believe it or not I can't grab a cat and discuss that what it's doing is wrong and then ask it to go somewhere else. It either stays out of where it shouldn't be or it's dead. Trust me, if I could simply scare it away and know it wouldn't come back I'd do it. It'd be easier for me because then I don't have to bury it.

markeg192
08-08-2006, 03:11 PM
mmmmmmmm Cats........The other white meat!

FourFiftyFour
08-08-2006, 09:19 PM
oh i dont understand farm life.. thats not the point...i dont think people should be bragging about breaking a cats neck on here. Thats the sort of person who i think is sick. I also think the people bragging on here about killing cats, dogs, or a type of pet animal are sickos. We had a pack of dogs come in and kill one of our cats and my dad had to shoot the dogs because they were starting to go around this area (which I might add is not in the city limits and is on farmland) and kill everything, but i dont go on here bragging about it like these people seem to get off doing. They seem to be proud about it....thats just sort of......off.

and you are wrong that animals dont have feelings. They hurt just like humans do. They might not have the same exact thoughts but animals arent just objects. They are living breathing creatures. Arent we living breathing creatures? Ok lets start bragging about breaking peoples necks on here and then things will get heated up for everyone.

The point of this thread is cats or dogs...which do u like better?

NOT what type of animal do you shoot and brag about.

quadsquadron221
08-09-2006, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
We had a pack of dogs come in and kill one of our cats and my dad had to shoot the dogs because they were starting to go around this area [/B]

It appears your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

nosliw
08-09-2006, 11:29 AM

i think the point she is trying to make just flew over your head.

quadsquadron221
08-09-2006, 11:41 AM
I dont see how it went over my head. Shes *****ing about somthing she does herself. I kill bad animals to protect good animals. Also you are wrong about animals feeling. They are in no way comparable to human feelings. They do not hurt like humans do. I am no way saying i am an expert on the matter however my buddy is. He is getting his doctorate in zoology. Cant remember his specalized field but has studied animal feelings and what not. And he says you cant even compare the two. Not that it would matter anyways a cat on the recieving end of a high power rifle bullet would be like getting a train dropped on you. Your not going to say man a train just fell on me i cant believe how bad this hurts. Nope your just done. And we are not talking about killing your cat fluffy that lays on your bed at night. These are rotten pieces of **** that wander around causeing death and destruction. Carrying rabies and who knows what just like overgrown rats that kill things. You probably dont have a problem setting mouse traps in your house. A mouse is an animal so you better not kill it.

FourFiftyFour
08-09-2006, 12:10 PM

i didnt shoot the dogs you moron my dad did about 15 years ago but i dont go on here bragging about shooting dogs and cats like you all do. I have never shot a dog or cat before in my life. I was saying I understand if you need to protect your property but I dont see a point in BRAGGING about it like you all have been doing on here. You of course, missed the whole point.....which does NOT suprise me.

CHEVYZ
08-09-2006, 12:18 PM
I cannot stand cats. Every cat in my neighborhood is worthless trash. They are let to run wild, but yet are claimed as pets. Before my dogs started sleeping outside I would wake up to cat prints, and occasionally fine scratches on my car. Lucky I sold it... I am far too much of a perfectionist for that. I also agree that although I wouldn't swerve to hit one, I wouldn't swerve to dodge one either. :ermm: I know that it is more of owner stupidity than a real problem with them, but I just cannot help to feel a hatred for them.... that's just how I have been made to feel.

I will stick with dogs. :macho

450ERRRRRR!
08-09-2006, 12:22 PM
I understand where you both are coming from. Now some one say something about my DOG!

quadsquadron221
08-09-2006, 12:26 PM
Im not bragging about it. If i was the only one that did it mabey i could brag about it. But since alot of the people that live around here shoot them too its not that big of a deal. Im just saying i enjoy trying to hit a cat at say 400 yrds. out in a field. Its a challenge, its good practice, im provinding bait for a coyote to come to so i can kill it. I bet it angers you that we drive around looking for coyotes to kill. We go out and kill or at least try to kill every coyote we see. Its a sport.

quadsquadron221
08-09-2006, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by 450ERRRRRR!
I understand where you both are coming from. Now some one say something about my DOG!

That is a kick *** dog.

450ERRRRRR!
08-09-2006, 12:37 PM
Thanks. He also like the sport of calling up coyotes and dispatching them quick. If we didnt control them here in Missouri there wouldnt be nothing but them. This is a little one but he sure was exicited. If he see me pick up a gun he flips out wanting to go. He'll sit in my lap looking and waiting for one to come to the call. I've never had a dog do this before.

08-09-2006, 12:44 PM
not bragging...just stating what needs to be done to problem cats. are all vats like tat...yep, if you let them outside...my wife asked me this morning if we could get a 1/2 persian cat...i just kinda laughed at her and said "NO"