PDA

View Full Version : Paddle question?

exboomer
08-06-2006, 08:33 PM
Buying paddles. 20x11-8 vs 20x11-10 whats the difference and what size should I get? Stock 400ex.

Sandgod4
08-06-2006, 08:40 PM
Get the first choice. The 8 means the wheel is 8" .. An 8" wheel is better because it gives the tire more sidewall to float and absorb impacts better w/o bending the wheel. 10" wheels look better and that's it, nothing else is better as far as performance goes..

AdamEX
08-13-2006, 11:52 PM
at a local shop the owner gave me a good explanation why 20 inch tires on 10 inch rims was the only way to ride in the sand. they guy new what he was talking about he's been riding 20 years before i was born so i took his advice. the only thing i remember is if you run an 8" rim with low tire preasure you can easily spin the tire off the wheel. we did it on a rail so i could relate.

rooster300ex
08-14-2006, 09:51 AM
10in wheels are heavier then an 8in wheel. I would go with the lighter wheel 8in. I've rode in the sand with 10in rims and didin't like em. They look good though. I don't think a 400ex is gonna spin the tire on the rim with the right amount of air pressure.

AdamEX
08-14-2006, 11:20 AM
yeah i guess its all personal preference.

mattonln
08-18-2006, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by AdamEX
at a local shop the owner gave me a good explanation why 20 inch tires on 10 inch rims was the only way to ride in the sand. they guy new what he was talking about he's been riding 20 years before i was born so i took his advice. the only thing i remember is if you run an 8" rim with low tire preasure you can easily spin the tire off the wheel. we did it on a rail so i could relate.

okay, that makes no sense at all..
A - Rails run way bigger tires on way bigger wheels
B - Why do ALL drag bikes run 22" to 24" tires on 8" wheels
C - just because the guy has been around a while, doesn't mean he knows everything

I personally prefer a 9" wheel, gives you the best of both wheels - more sidewall for a comfy ride, good looks, plus you can get a wider tire for better flotation. just my 2 cents