PDA

View Full Version : more h.p. needed---help

nlvredneck
08-06-2006, 07:14 PM
hi guys and gals. i have an 05 400ex and i'm dissappointed with it's power compared to my 05 ltz400:( this bike with a k&n, no lid, dyno-jet kit, and full hmf sport system has got the bike up to where my z was stock? this bike is my wifes and as you know the women riders are very competitive and she wants more h.p.:confused: we do dune riding and i was thinking of going to an 11.1 piston and a stage one hot cam, but i'm worried about losing reliability because of increased heat as a direct result of more h.p. and this motor being air cooled? and thw lack of auto-decomp in the hot cam on the starter and battery? or is the stock decompressor able to be pressed onto the hot cam?

please help:)

dabensmiller
08-06-2006, 07:19 PM
Call and talk to a rep from Wiseco, He assured me that a 440 would not be any less reliable as long as you buy the new sleeve to go along with it.

okbeast
08-06-2006, 08:29 PM
I have heard that a higher compression piston and hotcam really wake these up. I'd also check into the 440 because they seem to be very easy to get ahold of and are just as reliable if done right.

dabensmiller
08-06-2006, 08:31 PM
I agree i done a 440 with 11:1 comp. and a stage 2 hot cam, and boy did it wake up.

QuadJunkies
08-07-2006, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by okbeast
I have heard that a higher compression piston and hotcam really wake these up. I'd also check into the 440 because they seem to be very easy to get ahold of and are just as reliable if done right. CORRECT! Also, an EX is air cooled and Z is liquid and the Z comes packed with more punch right out of the box.;)

okbeast
08-07-2006, 11:30 AM
Yeah the Z's have 11:1 compression stock, so that right there is the kicker.