PDA

View Full Version : Welborn Farms, Boonville prerace chat.

gump
08-06-2006, 06:48 PM
well at last our summer break is coming to an end, and as usual i started this thread a week before the race. i know everyone is ready to get back at it and i hope it is good weather next sunday... "rain" some of us have been going and riding some smaller series and having alot of fun, but nothing compares to running a mideast. i have a whole new outlook on how professional our series is. nothing compares to it other than the gncc.. i'm not knocking the other places we ran during the summer cause we had alot of fun, and i won 2 races so that tells you how much easier they were..with that being said.
who's ready to get it on ???? :D

RaptorRacer45
08-06-2006, 07:21 PM
I arrived back in Mooresville about 8:45 Sunday Night after a 3 week stay up home in PA......a New Frame under the Quad and some well planned time, I still can gain some spots in the points and No better time 2 do it, .......Ill be there on #45 as usual, Im Ready:D

QUAD TT RACER
08-06-2006, 09:18 PM
Unless they get rain up that way, that will be the only way I will run it. Just put a new top end in my R. When you have the kind of dust we had at Parker Valley there's no way you can keep that much dust out of the engine, no matter what type of filter set up you have. Just don't feel it will be worth putting a new engine through that condition. So all I can do is PRAY for rain! Been holding my own in the 2-stroke class would hate to miss the race just because of choking ***** DUST. Hope they have a couple of days of steady rain this week.

cook65xc
08-07-2006, 09:14 AM
I will be there i just hope for some rain.Have yall raced there before,if so what is the track like.

BROOKS
08-08-2006, 05:46 PM
It looks good so far guys, we got hammered with rain the last 2 nights, the track is not to far from me. They are calling for rain the rest of the week and mid 80's this weekend, could make for a very nice race.

If the track is similiar to the one they ran for the interstate race, it will be TIGHT!

I'm gonna ride up there saturday and I will give you guys a heads up saturday evening.;)

gump
08-08-2006, 05:53 PM
Bonnie how will parking be ?? should we drop the tralior saturday or will there be enough parking to just show up sunday ??

RaptorRacer45
08-08-2006, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the Report Brooks......ill be there no matter the Weather:D

grp4dirt
08-08-2006, 07:06 PM
Looking foward to running in the Mid-East Again... what kind of terrain do they have there.. woods, fields, creeks, hills, rocks?

gump
08-08-2006, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by grp4dirt
Looking foward to running in the Mid-East Again... what kind of terrain do they have there.. woods, fields, creeks, hills, rocks? who's the old dude standing next to the hot chick in that pic ??? :devil:
looks like a friend i made recently... kenny gwyn.... :D

epinac18
08-09-2006, 05:49 PM
I hope you're ready jeff, cuz my dad aint done nothin but talk chit all week! i think they're are going up saturday and campin so maybe they'll save yall a spot

robinsonmotors
08-09-2006, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by epinac18
I hope you're ready jeff, cuz my dad aint done nothin but talk chit all week! i think they're are going up saturday and campin so maybe they'll save yall a spot he should talk smack 2nd is something to be proud of ,but now where back to real racing(mid-east) where it counts!!!!i hope he's got more than he showed during the summer break:eek:they win a race or two and their head get's big, aint that right gump:blah: it back to the real deal,no motos,no wide open fields,back to the tight tuff stuff:cool: I INTEND TO TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS IN SENIOR CLASS!!!!!SO WILL SEE SUNDAY IF HE JUST TALKS IT OR CAN HE WALK IT:devil:

mtdewracing
08-09-2006, 07:20 PM
its good to finally get back to racing, and i guess it will be nice to get back on the quad again. (i havnt rode since last race) hopefully i still remember how to start it lol rick

grp4dirt
08-10-2006, 10:22 AM
Yea Gump, it is me, The Kenny ...
.. Do you know anything about the track.. is if fresh cut or used and abused.. I hope it is all shaded with a nice moistsure surface.. getting tired of fighting the dust while grinding thru rocks and roots.. But it is all still fun.. just a lot safer when you can see where you are going..

Bonnie Cook
08-10-2006, 11:34 AM
Hey Guys and ladies. I am pumped up about getting back into the race scene. All summer Bryan and I have been getting our new house ready to move into and now that we are living in it, we are ready to go racing.

As far as the track this weekend, we used to race there several years ago, so maybe not so Used and Abused, but definately not virgin!
We aren't going into the parking lot the same way, but we are going in the back way, up the big hill (so long as a big down pour of rain don't come!) There may be more room to park up there. So, I still advise all of those that can to come on saturday for a good spot to park.

I haven't been to the track yet, nor have I seen it in years, but hope everyone likes it. I am just ready to come back racing.

See ya Saturday or Sunday!

mtdewracing
08-10-2006, 04:15 PM
ill be there sat. rick

gump
08-10-2006, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by grp4dirt
Yea Gump, it is me, The Kenny ...
.. Do you know anything about the track.. is if fresh cut or used and abused.. I hope it is all shaded with a nice moistsure surface.. getting tired of fighting the dust while grinding thru rocks and roots.. But it is all still fun.. just a lot safer when you can see where you are going.. good to hear from ya kenny !! don't know if i've road this track.. bonnie is it the one that the creek got so bad yall stopped the race and made a new track and had a 3lap shoot out ??
jeff wants to come saturday and camp as well so as of now we will be there around 6 pm..

angelon400ex
08-10-2006, 06:42 PM
Hi Bonnie! and all the rest of our racing family! I am looking forward to the race and seems like it has been forever. See ya'll there

400exyzkiller
08-10-2006, 08:26 PM
Anyone interested in an 05 400ex with works triple rate shocks dg front bumper hmf slip on tinner air scoops prm swing arm skid plate..... You can race it sunday i can make arrangements to have the bike at the track for sundays event. Ask Gump about this bike it is MINT. Its like my grandmother drove it... it all can be yours for $4000

gump
08-10-2006, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by 400exyzkiller
Anyone interested in an 05 400ex with works triple rate shocks dg front bumper hmf slip on tinner air scoops prm swing arm skid plate..... You can race it sunday i can make arrangements to have the bike at the track for sundays event. Ask Gump about this bike it is MINT. Its like my grandmother drove it... it all can be yours for $4000 your grandmother would have rode it harder... :devil:

400exyzkiller
08-10-2006, 08:33 PM
Ha ha old man but at least i have a 3rd place in a national :macho

robinsonmotors
08-10-2006, 08:43 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 400exyzkiller
[B]You can race it sunday it is MINT.

can i race it sunday ???i bet it won't be mint when i get done with it:D i thought i'd ask before BROOKS did:blah:

400exyzkiller
08-10-2006, 08:57 PM
who is gonna kill the legend known as gump maybe this guy

robinsonmotors
08-10-2006, 08:58 PM
this is my new xc A55 kicker:eek2: puttin my pimpin hand to them old senior hoes ,rollin on 22's, laid back ,sippin on gin and juice with my mind on my $$$$$$$ and my $$$$$$$all spent in chase of a mid-east champinship:D word to ya daddy

400exyzkiller
08-10-2006, 08:59 PM
you dont recall your arse was sitting in a mud hole spectating

gump
08-10-2006, 09:00 PM
who is gonna kill the legend known as gump maybe this guy that's some funny chit right thar !!!!!! :D who put your face on there ??

400exyzkiller
08-10-2006, 09:09 PM
that would be me just bored out of my mind

400exyzkiller
08-10-2006, 09:12 PM
who is gonna kill the legend known as gump maybe this guy Mideast ladies you will have to use some control when i come out to the races. Please do not throw your panties at me my g/f may whip my arse

gump
08-10-2006, 09:28 PM
:D
and she can do it... wtf ???

robinsonmotors
08-10-2006, 09:30 PM
who is gonna kill the legend known as gump maybe this guy you going for mr gay mid-east??you got my vote their BIG GUY:muscle:

400exyzkiller
08-10-2006, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by robinsonmotors
you going for mr gay mid-east??you got my vote their BIG GUY:muscle: ha ha i figured you would say something like that so wait to see what i put your head on so anyone with a good pic of jeff's head lets see so i can hook'em up

gump
08-10-2006, 09:46 PM
there's no such thing as a good pic of his head !!!

400exyzkiller
08-10-2006, 09:50 PM
pmed u back robinson

400exyzkiller
08-10-2006, 11:44 PM
here is your open challenge gump to come get some....we will take them down to shady side drag way and see what they can do in an 8th mile!

BROOKS
08-11-2006, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by robinsonmotors
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 400exyzkiller
[B]You can race it sunday it is MINT.

can i race it sunday ???i bet it won't be mint when i get done with it:D i thought i'd ask before BROOKS did:blah:

Thats really funny Jeff:rolleyes: I hope Gump gets some good pictures of you this weekend because I'm not taking any:p

gumpsbrother
08-11-2006, 10:44 AM
Was thinking about coming out of retirement Istill got the 450 yam. I still might race a few more Just so i can slow you boys down The yam is still for sell 4000.oo gets it all . Gump jr. you better keep yours you pus.

grp4dirt
08-11-2006, 04:56 PM
Nice soaking rain pretty much all day Friday... Track should be great this weekend.. We may come down Saturday Night also...

gump
08-11-2006, 07:23 PM
it's rained here for a good while now and is still raining.. that is very bad news for mr. robinson and mr. canipe !!!!! :macho

gump
08-13-2006, 05:42 PM
just in from the race..had a good time on a really fast track !! i got the holeshot in senoir but couldn't slow down for a turn and there i was in the back. but got 4th.. it was cool seeing joey on the plaque.. thanks for doing that bonnie i bet it'll mean alot to him when he sees it.. jeff will have the overalls posted after awhile..

RaptorRacer45
08-13-2006, 06:06 PM
Seemed like a Great track but a costly mistake and bad misfourtoune made me a cheering spectator before lap 1 ended.......Hope i helped yall mentally by cheering ya on, it gets boring sittin there all alone......ill be back 2 Race another day:D

gump
08-13-2006, 07:21 PM
here's the overalls, but not the top ones untill bonnie does the race report..

gump
08-13-2006, 07:28 PM

gump
08-13-2006, 07:42 PM

gump
08-13-2006, 08:18 PM
brooks thanks for that "you suck" on the pit board... but i did nod my head in agreement... i did see a "go gump" pit board one time, not sure who it was cause i was going so fast... :D

Jake99
08-13-2006, 08:52 PM
hay

LoneWarriorsMom
08-14-2006, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by Jake99
hay
Good race everyone....

jenna400ex
08-14-2006, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by RaptorRacer45
Seemed like a Great track but a costly mistake and bad misfourtoune made me a cheering spectator before lap 1 ended.......Hope i helped yall mentally by cheering ya on, it gets boring sittin there all alone......ill be back 2 Race another day:D
Thanks for cheering me on!! I was wondering who you were but now I know!! Everyone needs a shirt with their screen name on it! The track was awesome! I had worked all night and raced on an hour sleep but it was all worth it!!!!
I was just wondering how much money was raised for Joey and his family? We should try to get a ride together for him!!

RaptorRacer45
08-14-2006, 04:11 PM
lol yeah screen name shirts would be cool.....im usually 1 of the easyer 1s to pick out........asessed the damage today and New Clutchs, an oil pump gear and new footpegs and ill be good 2 go.....ill be at Rockhouse ready 2 try again:D

cook65xc
08-14-2006, 05:30 PM
Finally a race with no dust and you can actually see and i clip a tree on the first lap.Hurt might knee pretty badon the handlebars:huh And by the way YOU SUCK BROOKS:devil:

400exyzkiller
08-14-2006, 06:00 PM
boy i feel great after this race! oh yeah i didnt run congrats to all who raced still got the 400ex for sale!!!

gump
08-14-2006, 06:03 PM
nc dirt rider pics are up.. and no pic of my holeshot... :mad:

400exyzkiller
08-14-2006, 06:21 PM
because you suck:devil:

robinsonmotors
08-14-2006, 07:55 PM
when you coming over and wash my pit bike;)out doggin my new toy, i knew not to let a drunk on it:cuss: :cuss: and i read your new book YOU AND YOUR BEER COOLER. but where was the chapter on drinkin good beer:D i guess that in chapter 2, FRIENDS THAT BRING GOOD BEER TO THE TRACK!!!!:blah:

BROOKS
08-14-2006, 08:07 PM
Obviously you skipped chapter 6 "Budget Beer", I would suggest looking back over that section, possible taking a few notes.

Just bring that bike on over here, I'll clean it up real good for ya. ;)

robinsonmotors
08-14-2006, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by gump
nc dirt rider pics are up.. and no pic of my holeshot... :mad: FOR YOU ONLY $5 BUCKS:D

angelon400ex
08-14-2006, 08:26 PM
Beautiful and fast track until I had an encounter with an uphill stump before the 2 mile marker. My goggles ended up on my forehead and my helmet shoved into my chin and I bit clean through my lip and sprained/jammed my wrist. I look like I got in a fight and came out on the losing side. Unfortunately it is the right wrist. Who knows I might be a leftie like my husband before I am healed!

I would not recommend this as a lip piercing method. It makes too big of a hole :eek2:

There may have only been three of us gals show up but we had us quite a race. And Jenna you race AWESOME in your sleep!! ;) In all seriousness it just shows your dedication to this sport and doing what we all love sometimes even when we aren't under the best circumstances. (sometimes a little duct tape will do wonders too ;) ) This race may have cost me being able to race Rockhouse but it was still FUN!

Glad we could reach out to Joey even though he wasn't there and he was in my thoughts as I raced and continued to race after I got hurt.

RaptorRacer45 were you the guy in the woods just before it came out into a short clearing? Thanks for the encouragement!

RaptorRacer45
08-15-2006, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by angelon400ex

RaptorRacer45 were you the guy in the woods just before it came out into a short clearing? Thanks for the encouragement!

Yeah i was the guy in All blue Gear, still w\ my chest protector and all on that just stood (or sat for alittle) and cheered for everyone that went passsed, that was the most exciting thing 2 do for an Hour untill i got rescued, its was neat watchin everyone but just not as fun when i knew i should have been out there 2.....O Well atleast i made some of ya smile :D

epinac18
08-15-2006, 01:19 PM
how bout them laptimes....mine jeff maloney's and cashions first lap was faster than all the pros! didnt really matter much for me cuz i crashed but congrats Jeff on the A class win

QUAD TT RACER
08-15-2006, 02:11 PM
Hey Jeff congrats on winning the A-class. Guess Pro class is up for you next! Hate I missed the race heard it was a good one. Just want to get good break in time on my new top end before I get back to the track. You now how them 2-strokes can be. Bonnie , I heard about what you did on the plaque's at this race. Thought that was VERY COOL OF YOU TO DO! I know Joey will really appreciate the thought. I know all us riders that know Joey really do!

gump
08-15-2006, 05:55 PM
brooks has pics up over at qz .

ridesdirt
08-15-2006, 07:03 PM
Awesome performance on sunday Jeff! Those wheels must have added like 4 or 5 horsepower.

I am not one to talk chit, seeing how I run the spectator class, but QUAD TT RACER, the last smack from you said something like "I'll be there if its not dusty". WTF homer?

maybe you can break that thing in trying to keep up with a four stroke. ha ha

atvwdsrcer
08-15-2006, 08:20 PM
I would like to thank everyone for all the support for JOEY BASHAW. We had a very good turn out of support and that makes me very proud to be associated with such a caring and supportive family such as the mideast family. Extra special thanks to you Bonnie for all the assistance , kind words and acknowledgement. Also getting him on the plaque was very special THANK YOU!!!! Thank you SANTO DERISI for the very kind contribution to Joey's cause. Everyone that did help or that has Joey in there thought and prayers thank you very much.
Jenna , getting a ride up for Joey sounds like a great idea. I will try to come up with a location and then we can all try to find a date that will work, and ride for the reason that Joey loved to ride FUN.
Joey I miss you and can't wait to see you down here again.

400exyzkiller
08-15-2006, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by RaptorRacer45
Seemed like a Great track but a costly mistake and bad misfourtoune made me a cheering spectator before lap 1 ended.......Hope i helped yall mentally by cheering ya on, it gets boring sittin there all alone......ill be back 2 Race another day:D you need to get rid of the yamie and get a honda i have the one for ya

QUAD TT RACER
08-15-2006, 09:05 PM
Ridesdirt, Let's see how should I respond to this? Say you are a spectator, shall we define this? Spectator- A person who looks on or watches. A onlooker or observer. A person who is present at and views a spectacle, display, or the like. A MEMBER OF A AUDIENCE. NEED I SAY MORE! I have ran 3 races with respectable finishes a 4th and 2 thirds. I'm still wondering when that Black YZF450 is gonna show up and try to run me down. I will be a good sportsman about it since I got the new top-end in mine and leave the tow rope hangin off the back of mine. At least you can grab ahold of it when I lap you. Then at least you can say you ran just as fast as I did. :rolleyes: :D . With that said all I can say now is SEE YOU AT THE TRACK! LOL

Cameronqd
08-15-2006, 09:49 PM
Yeah, I really liked all the support everyone was givin to joey. I whish I could have done/gave a little more but I kinda dont have a job, lol. But, if there is anything that yall would need help with just ask and I will try. I was wondering if yall are going to keep selling those blue bands at the races? That would be great, I would like to buy a lot more. Cant wait till the next race.:D

ridesdirt
08-17-2006, 06:49 PM
tt racer man.

"I have ran 3 races with respectable finishes a 4th and 2 thirds. I'm still wondering when that Black YZF450 is gonna show up and try to run me down."

blah blah blah. I can hardly hear you, must be a weedeater running inthe background. call you this weekend.

I did hear what Santo did, really cool move.

Santo DeRisi
08-20-2006, 09:37 PM
I am glad that i could help and i am still wearing my band and i always will wear it! If you need anything just let me know and i would like to come see him when he gets home so keep me informed!!

Take care!

Jake99
11-10-2006, 06:15 PM
yep