PDA

View Full Version : Dust!

ShiftFMX
08-06-2006, 02:46 PM
Is there anything I can do about this dust?? i ran a hose back to my riding area, but when I get done with one side, the other is dry again!! Could I use that stuff they put on dirt roads???

Rider-trx_250ex
08-06-2006, 02:50 PM
wear goggles:D, or get a couple sprinkles(depending on how big ur riding area is) and let them run all nit then shut them off like 5 or 6 hours b4 u ride

ShiftFMX
08-06-2006, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Rider-trx_250ex
wear goggles:D,

Should I get my neighbors googles too?? They're the ones who complain

sakirocket28
08-06-2006, 04:24 PM
yeah, more frequent watering should work, or you could drag some rich topsoil over the track.

08-06-2006, 05:02 PM
run a hose from your house and every 5 ft. cut a small slit into the hose and it will spray out every 5 ft...

Got nads?
08-06-2006, 05:05 PM
Around here they often put calcium down on gravel roads to keep the dust down. Might work for you to. I just don't know where you would buy it, a greenhouse maybe?

JRP
08-06-2006, 06:36 PM
my whole track is dust, and it gets so bad that after im done riding for maybe 15min, that u cant see down the road and its hangs for about 1 or 2hrs after im done riding. When ever i have ppl over to ride, ill water it till its muddy, then its good for the day. lol

hardkoratvmxr
08-06-2006, 06:57 PM
you will have to disk it up or something so the water soaks in instead of just evaporating and you will have to water it for sometime and watch out because i got the epa on me for dust because my neighbors complained

WhiteZrider
08-06-2006, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by mjpridered10
run a hose from your house and every 5 ft. cut a small slit into the hose and it will spray out every 5 ft...

Lol thats the redneck way.:D

redlineranger
08-06-2006, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by WhiteZrider
Lol thats the redneck way.:D

its redneck ingeniuty(sp?) at it's best... i'll also add that it works:D

Rootar
08-07-2006, 12:49 AM
ive heard of people using old used oil, like rigging up a spreader bar that hooks onto a 55 gallon drum, dont think its very good for the ground water and ive not personally done it but ive heard it done and some guy abotu 5 miles from me does this to his drive way and apparently it works,:ermm:

dunno what else to tell yea other than dig ya a lil pond back there in the middle your riding area and get you a high out put water pump and a fire hydrant style hose and have at it

firefighterjosh
08-07-2006, 01:37 AM
At the Local Track they just disc up what they can. Then they have a water truck spray water down. If you can get a spratyer for the back of a quad and drive it around a few laps.

I like the redneck hose Idea. Just buy alot of hose run it the whole out side of your track. When you need to wet it down just drag the hose to the middle and turn it on. When its done just drag it off.

Also at the track they have a sprinkler system. Just buy some sprinklers and run your hoses. and leave them ther and then all you do is have to flip them on every once in a while.