PDA

View Full Version : polishing !!!!

mdh23jr
08-06-2006, 12:06 PM
How hard is it to polish your motor? ive seen the polished ones and they look so good. what all do you use to do that.. will everything polish, i know aluminum polished will look like chrome but is everything on the engine aluminum?

TheFontMaster
08-06-2006, 05:36 PM
I would advise against polishing the whole motor, while you can do it, aluminum is just too hard to keep clean, and would be even harder on the motor cases where dirt gets caked on and all. At most I would polish my side cases, and head, and maybe the cylinder. I would just paint the cases if I was you. The only thing about polishing the cylinder is that I hear that it holds in a little more heat making the engine run a little warmer, but nothing that should be noticable.

zedicus00
08-07-2006, 06:47 AM
polish it all then have it professionally clear coaterd. will look good forever then.

danbobsR
08-07-2006, 05:01 PM
You will have to sand all the aluminum parts smooth before actually polishing I did my cases it wasnt the easiest task but it does look nice in the end I havent rode mine since the rebuild and polishing and the chroming still waiting on a dome but hopefully it will last.