PDA

View Full Version : The Frecin' E-series!

SandShark400
08-06-2006, 12:29 AM
Ho-Kay Today i go to do some routine maintenance (going riding tommorrow! yeaaaaah!) and i go to put my spark arrester back in the e-series and all of the allen-bolts [U]came out but one[U], and now it is strippped out it. sucks because i usually run no discs in summer and all discs in winter, (starts easier). What the heck should i do? Ive had a bolt stripped out on me. Please have a better and easier and cheaper solution to taking it in to the shop? Thanks in advance

bubba's400ex
08-06-2006, 08:33 AM
what i do is if you have a dremel or some kind of small cutting tool, you can just cut a line in the head of the bolt so you can get a flat head screwdriver in there to turn it out.
hope this helps.

redexrider
08-06-2006, 11:36 AM
I have the same exhaust and the bolt heads stick out plenty enough to get a pair of vice grips on the head and turn it, it will take a little while to get it out but it will go. Then take it to a hardware store and find a replacement or get one from white bro's

08-06-2006, 11:43 AM
I usually just cut a line in the head of the bolt and ues a flat tip. It is the easiest way I have found yet

SandShark400
08-06-2006, 01:43 PM
u guys are a life saver! The e-series will be fixed soon. Anymore suggestions will do great. thanks

BossmanEX
08-06-2006, 03:49 PM
Make sure that when you buy the replacement bolts that you buy grade 8. Its a harder steel and will be less likely to strip out on you again.