PDA

View Full Version : Powroll Performance question

oregonrider89
08-23-2002, 06:27 PM
I was interested to know if anyone has herd of a four stroke company called Powroll. The website claims they have been in business since 1964, but i was wondering if anyone had any experience with them?

Thanks,

Andy

Striker49
08-23-2002, 06:37 PM
Yeah, Ive def heard of Powroll....havent heard anything bad on em but no personal experience. :cool:

kicken250x
08-23-2002, 06:43 PM
only good about em nothin bad but no, i have no experience

oynot400
08-24-2002, 12:33 AM
Powroll has been building 4 stroke engines since the mid 60's, so I am told. :D They are a very reptatble (sp?) company. What were you think of having them do. I do believe they are located in the NW somehere, Oregon I think?

wyndzer
08-25-2002, 09:15 AM
The reason that alot of people have not heard of Powroll is because they don't actually build motors, they build and supply the motor builder with the performance parts to do the work.

kicken250x
08-25-2002, 10:22 AM
they helped me out alot. they are verry prompt(sp?) on getting back to you in the e-mails you send them. they seem to be VERRy professional in their work and services (getting stuff out to you) im going to order their 250x/350x conversion kit if i ever get a chance to get a motor i e-mailed them and they basicly told me exactly what had to be done. they are deffinately a company i would trust and want my parts to come from! just my .02...

oregonrider89
08-25-2002, 09:52 PM
thanks for your replys. i was interested in their premium power kit. it is a 440 bore and stroke combo. the cylinder is bored to 416 and your stock crank is stroked to achieve the overall displacement of 440. a cam, hardfaced rockers, valve springs, clutch springs, and a carb are all included in the kit. i was so interested that my kit is on the way. their shop is located in Redmond Oregon, and the people are very helpful. everything you need to know is posted on their website powroll.com. this is where i got most of my information.

thanks

andy

Castor-426ex
08-26-2002, 01:26 AM
sweet I bet thats a real reliable set up too....let us know how it goes...and post pics of the assembly..haha

oynot400
08-26-2002, 05:36 AM
oregonrider89, I have been doing a lot of research on stroker kits for the last few weeks. There are a few things you might want to know. When I talked with Powroll they told me that they offer a 4mm stroke with a shorten rod. From what I have been told this is not a very good set up. For the best results you want a long rod or stock length rod. This will keep the piston on TDC longer resulting in more power. Also with the shorter rod and longer stroke it makes the rod to stroke ratio off. It will give a lot of pressure on the thrust side of the piston, giving it extra wear.
If you are intersted in a stroker kit, give Mike at For Dirt Only a call 740-967-1078. He will be more than happy to talk with you about it. His kit is what I am going with. :D

oregonrider89
08-27-2002, 02:16 AM
oynot400,

thanks for the info, but i've already sent my crank to be changed.on powroll's website it said they relocated to rob further out on the crank. is that lengthening or shortening the stroke? hopefully it wont give me too much trouble. your EX is going to rail with a 463 engine. do you plan on changing anything else cam, rockers, carb, ect. . . or do you plan on sticking with what you have already done? with denton as a sponcer do you run their stearing stablizer? if so how do you like it? have you tried it in the sand?

oregonrider89

Teufel
08-27-2002, 08:05 AM
They have been in business for a long time and have an excellent reputation. They do build engines and mfg parts for them. That is actually where Mickey Dunlap from Four Stroke Tech came from before going out on his own. I would also suggest giving him a call. They have a link on this site. Fst builds some awesome motors. I have ridden some of his stuff.:cool:

markeg192
08-27-2002, 08:47 AM
Powroll is a very good builder! last year i picked up a cheap 300 that had a powroll 313,cam,port,pipe. it was way fast. It would beat the locals 440s really.If you are gonna spend the money go with a real engine builder (Powroll,FST,Sparks...ect). Don't waste your money mismatching parts from a local shop that doesn't even know what thier selling you.

oregonrider89
08-27-2002, 09:05 AM
i'm very happy woth the service i've recieved from powroll. i have called them twice with questions, and i get easy to underdtand straight forward answers. they are very knowledgeable about four strokes which made me very comfortable going with them.

oregonrider89