PDA

View Full Version : typhoon 70

tryintoohard
08-05-2006, 05:43 PM
we race a small series in Alabama called the sequads and I was wondering how the 70cc typhoon would do for my son. He is currently racing a LEM 50 but it is so hard to get parts for it. I was wanting something that I can buy parts for locally. Are they pretty quick, this is not going to be a national race quad just one for riding in local races and having fun with.

Rey Deleon
08-08-2006, 03:27 AM
the parts on this quad are easy to com by. the distributers have a good network of dealers to get you the necessary parts. I feel this would make an excellent quad for what you intend to do with it.

I plan on taking this quad and working with other race dads to see where and what can be done to it on a shoe string budget.

Arctic Cat Dad
08-08-2006, 06:08 AM
The lem 50 you have is faster then the 70. I've seen them run they are slow. They are about as fast as a stock AC or DRR 50. They hate water. If your set on the Typhoon if he is old enough you might think about the 90.

They have been letting a 70 run in the series we practice in. The 70 doesn't impress me 1 bit in the power department. Plus if you hit 1 mud hole your done.