PDA

View Full Version : Brute Force 750 Overheats---HELP!!!

Crazy Diamond
08-05-2006, 11:44 AM
OK! I'll try again for some input. My bro's Brute Force 750's temp light on the panel keeps flashing after maybe 5 minutes of riding. The fan seems to kick on at weird times. Not when the light comes on but sometimes 20 minutes after stopping riding. It only has MAYBE 600 miles on it and a year old. He just changed the fan switch and the fan breaker and the temp light starts flashing without the fan even kicking on. Like I said, some times it kicks on at the weirdest times. Any input would help! Thanks.

Ken Robey
08-07-2006, 10:09 AM
is the fan kicking on while he is riding or is it boiling over and overheating. There are so many elctronics involved these days that the instrument panel may be bad. If everything is functioning normally with no boil over, I wouldn't be concerned. try draining the antifreeze and running liquid performance, it had a much higher boiling point. Have never boiled it out of my race quads, excellent stuff.
You could always run a manual switch to the fan which is what I do. On the left side of the radiator there is a boot that covers two wires. The boot is round, it is the temp. switch. Run a wire to one side and a wire to the other and throw a good toggle switch in between them and he can run it manually and it will also kick on normally, as long as you just hook into the wires, don't disconnect them. Good luck.

Crazy Diamond
08-07-2006, 04:35 PM
What is Liquid Performance and where do you get it? I run Engine Ice in my KFX400. Is that it?
It kicks on sometimes but seems to flash on the guage and not kick on. It will kick on after riding like 20 minutes later if the key is left on.

Ken Robey
08-07-2006, 07:12 PM
liquidperformance.com, it is orange, engine ice is the same, but not my sponsor. Sounds like electrical problems to me.

firefighterjosh
08-08-2006, 02:05 AM
Make sure the radiator is clean. You should be able to see through it. It might not be letting air flow through as good.

Crazy Diamond
08-08-2006, 02:20 PM
Oh, It's clean trust me. We stripped it right down and it looks like new now. Even without the plastics on it its getting more air and the fan still doesn't come on and the warning light starts flashing in less than 5 minutes of idleing.

Ken Robey
08-08-2006, 03:57 PM
temp. sensor could be bad, when it starts to flash when idling does your fan kick on immediately or not. Your fan should be on before that light comes on.

Crazy Diamond
08-08-2006, 07:19 PM
The light flashes and the fan doesn't kick on before or during. It kicks on when it wants to after its off sometimes. Could be a broken wire.

Ken Robey
08-08-2006, 08:27 PM
you have me stumped on it. The fan will kick on way before that indicator light ever comes on. Does this quad actually overheat or is it just saying that it is? If it overheats it will blow antifreeze back into the boil over tank down by your left foot. You will know because it will be boiling when it goes in, you will feel the vibration from the fluid goig through the line. The fans are made to kick on when the quad is just sitting there doing nothing. They heat up alot just after you shut them down because there is no water being circulated. They will run for a little while and then shut down.

Crazy Diamond
08-22-2006, 09:36 PM
Sorry for the long hangtime there guys. Turns out it was a broken wire in the loom somewhere and I guess from riding it or moving the wires around when it was off that it would make contact sometimes and work. It was heating up and boiling into the overflow tank also. He wants to try a coolant change. Any suggestion? Engine Ice? Water Wetter? Liquid Performance? Probably going to install a small back up fan on a toggle on the outside just in case! ;)

firefighterjosh
08-22-2006, 09:38 PM
I run Engine Ice in Everything. I love the stuff. I would put the fan on a switch. Atleast I like being in control. Also get a water temp gauge.

Ken Robey
08-23-2006, 05:23 AM
Run liquid performance and splice into the wires on the left side of the rad. there is a large boot over the two wires, it is the temp switch, splice a wire on each and do not unhook existing wires. put a toggle switch at the other end and mount. this will allow you to put fan on whenever you want and it will also kick on automatically.

Mike Walker
08-25-2006, 09:50 AM
Probably your buss connector... ( big wiring junction box )it is a pretty well known problem... for some reason, Kawi decided to run both positive & gound wires through the connector, & a little corosion, & all kinds of goofy things happen...

BTW... if you get it straightened out, & are still running hot, you could be lean...

you could also consider an oil cooler...;)

01-24-2007, 05:59 AM
ip address: 125.244.6.67