PDA

View Full Version : 400ex exhaust i got a hindle but need to make it quiet what slip on?

redracing88
08-05-2006, 09:59 AM
i got a full hindle exhaust and its just to loud for where i ride around my house.

is there a slip on muffler that i dont have to chane jetting and such that will slap right on?

plzz help me with past expericene and current pipes thank you

krt400ex
08-05-2006, 06:40 PM
there is no such thing as a slip-on that doesn't require jetting changes. more air requires more fuel. the yosh with the quiet core is pretty quiet and the sound good too. they make good power and look cool as well

400eXr1d3rZ
08-05-2006, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by krt400ex
there is no such thing as a slip-on that doesn't require jetting changes. more air requires more fuel. the yosh with the quiet core is pretty quiet and the sound good too. they make good power and look cool as well

Actually if hes going from a slip-on to another slip-on he may not need to change jetting.

Honda#4
08-06-2006, 02:41 PM
i have a white brothers slip-on and i didnt jet my bike runs great.

krt400ex
08-14-2006, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ
Actually if hes going from a slip-on to another slip-on he may not need to change jetting.

i didn't see the part about, the pipe that he already has on there.

but if ur going from stock to slip on, then u will need to rejet

bwamos
08-14-2006, 09:06 AM
You could always see if the stock can will slip onto the header you have. If so.. just rejet whenever you swap it back and forth. If you know the settings you need, it won't take long.

Making the pipe quieter, usually is adding a flow disruption of some kind. You will "almost" always need to rejet to a smaller main when adding a quiet core or going to a quieter pipe. The rest of the circuit is probably ok. It will be a little fat, but should be ok as long as it doesn't load up the engine or wash the cylinder walls.