PDA

View Full Version : Please help me

Flodies400ex
08-05-2006, 01:46 AM
I have to take in my 400ex case off where the oil filter is because the long bottom screw of the oil filter broke so it leaks so yea.

How do you take off the case where the oil filer is because instead of taking in the bike because they said to but I need some help please and how do take it off and is it difficult to do it ?

thanks,
Flodies400ex

Flodies400ex
08-05-2006, 10:21 AM
anybody going post a reply ?

08-05-2006, 10:36 AM
to take the r side case cover off is ez just drain the oil and take all the blots out.

buster024
08-05-2006, 10:44 AM
Are you just wanting to remove the cover? Is the bolt broken off inside the case? If so, you'll have to get an "EZ Out", or something like that to drill out the center of the broken bolt, and then just back it out. The cover comes off easily with the removal of the two bolts. The oil filter is directly behind it, and just needs to be put back in the same way it came out. The filter will notate which side goes in first.

Flodies400ex
08-05-2006, 10:59 AM
yea what it is that the where you change your oil filter and bottom screw striped out so it leaks and so I have to just take the side case in then they will put a new bolt screw in so yea its that easy to take it off