PDA

View Full Version : K.O. ed

Blue_Streak23
08-04-2006, 05:11 PM
Who has ever been knocked-out? I mean there has to be head trama.lol I got hit in the head with a 70lb. straw bail from about 30ft., and lost all my memory from the morning. What are signs of concusions? And effects? This might be my second one!:ermm:

Pappy
08-04-2006, 05:19 PM
I was installing a hitch on a truck, it was being held in place by 4 C-clamps. When I tilted my head back to flip my helmet down, I geuss one side of the clamps let go. The hitch hit me in the forhead (thats where the knot and brusing was:p )

My wife and a helper saw my feet and legs jump and jiggle then they said I was very still for a few minutes before they realized there was a problem:scary: :p

Blue_Streak23
08-04-2006, 05:25 PM
Yea, I ended up crawling to the side of the barn and just sat there for 3 hours. To me, it only felt like 10 mins. My friends just thought it knocked the air out of me....:huh :scary:.

400eXr1d3rZ
08-04-2006, 05:41 PM
Once I was in school leaning against the wall while sitting in a chair, and the school ********* tips my chair back and I fall and smash my head on the wall, it didn't hurt at all, but it felt like I just went to sleep for a minute, it was like only 30 seconds then I woke up, my friend said I was shaking. And my brother did the sleeper on me once, it was fun except for the actual part where he choked me.

lghickman21
08-04-2006, 06:27 PM
i have never been knocked out but I was playin basketball in highschool and one of my teammates jumped out of bounds to save a ball and smacked a concrete wall head first. OUT LIKE A LIGHT. he was at the hospital for a couple of hours and the first thing that he remebers from that day was waking up that morning. no school, no bus trip nothing.

Scro
08-04-2006, 06:27 PM
I've completely passed out in the movie theater before, and come close several other times. I love going to the scary, gorey movies, but I also get dizzy and light headed. Cabin Fever was the worst...I get chills when I shave my face now:scary: lol

exrider008
08-04-2006, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Blue_Streak23
What are signs of concusions?

when i was 10 i hit a fallin tree at 45mph and i roled 5 times, i went flying though air and when it came back down it landed one me. i got a very bad concusion and all i wanted to to was sleep but they say not to cuz if u do somethime u dont wake up:ermm: i also felt really light headed.

juanki
08-04-2006, 07:11 PM
we where practicing during the week football at my h.s., we where doing wide recivers ans running backs vs line backers and safetys and corners. i was the q.b., doing tis w/o helmet, so i trew a pass to my tight end and he and the linbacker wnet for te ball and collided heads, the line backer fell like a concrete block and started to shake, went directly to the hospital, 2 hours later he was fine, but didnt remember a thing. thats the closets i've been.

xtullyx16
08-04-2006, 11:18 PM
Well closest times i've come is when my bro and me were building a tree house and kicked a hammer off the edge and hit me in the temple from like 10 ft above.. i was really light headed.. the other time was when i was at a party and we were boxing and this kid faked a punch and clocked me in the chin and i got pretty lightheaded and didnt really remember where i was at and where to walk lol

suck my pipe
08-04-2006, 11:31 PM
LOL I have had a few consusions, and amneszia. i know what a concusion feels like now and no longer go to the hospital, just stay up real late and don't take any medacine. After having amneszia I have trouble remembering names and numbers, as in if you tell me your name or a number i hear you say it but it gos right out the other side. if you tell me your name i'll have to say it once to be able to remember it and still might not, and forget a phone number let me get a pen and a pad lol.

JKWGA400EX
08-04-2006, 11:52 PM
me and my friend were being stupid and he had his 80 raptor(now he has a 660r) and me on my 18 speed m/t bike.we found this branch on the side of the road,and got an idea.i held onto the branch with one hand with the other steering my bike whlie he was doing the same cept for he was on the 80 going 30mph draging me.it was a bunch of fun.until i for some stupid reason let go of the steering wheel and not of the branch(we were on a blacktop road)going about 25-30mph.last thing i remember is seeing my front tire and his rear tire coming slowly together til they hit,then im sitting on the road holding my left shoulder up.my freinds said me and the bike went flipin in the air,i dont remember a thing.oh yea,i had a fractured collar bone.it really sucked.

-jared

Mx_523
08-05-2006, 12:34 AM
My friend and I were boxing and he got a couple of nice hits on me to the face. I got really light-headed and just stumbled for a minute. I never fell to the gound though!:cool: We tied after 20 minutes of boxing. Lol. Another time I was working on the ol 300ex, I got up after about a hour of sitting working on her and I streched and I got really light headed, blacked out and fell flat on my *** and didn't move for a minute. I don't think my butt ever hurt so bad...

Ralph
08-05-2006, 02:01 AM
When i was about 8 i got kicked in the head by a giant horse and flew back about 10 feet. no concussion no knock out...

When i was about 10 i fell out of a tree about 15 feet up and hit my head on a rock, just stiches, no concussion or blacking out...

Somewhere inbetween here i jumped down into a street and into a car. It flipped me around a few times and i hit my head. I dont remember what happend... i think i just broke some bones in my foot from hitting the car.

At about 11 i bombed a giant hill on my bike with my feet on the front pegs. I happend to turn my toe into the spokes and flipped about 40 feet all the way down the hill. No concussion just abrasions...

When i was about 13 i was riding my bike looked back and ran into a curb which catapulted me into a giant bloulder head first. Just stiches.

I think i have a thick head but my memory has left me so i say about alot...

Now that im thinking more about it. Ive gotten black outs several times snowboarding hitting my head on rails and ice.

Blue_Streak23
08-08-2006, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Quad_King
Me and my brother got in a fight and we was getting down for about 10 minutes of nothing but swinging our arms and hitting each other in the head, well my brother hit me on my nose and blacked my eye and broke my nose and my nose started to bleed real badly and I blacked out for about 20 minutes or so...
And I thought brother wasn't supposed to fight:p
When you first black out you will fell light headed and then you will see nothing but black and you will fall to the ground.

^^Haha, I have had this too, but no memorey loss resulted. During Hockey season we have this game called "locker-room boxing". So what you do is have 2 kids who put on there helmets and gloves and continuesly punch each other till one kid falls. It was fun times, till you got hit so hard your vision went black, and you fell.:scary:

Nick110
08-08-2006, 12:14 PM
When i was younger i was at a water park and going down a water slide in a tube. Well i slipped through the tube on one of the drops and smashed my head on the slide. The next thing i remember was waking up inj a stretcher.

My mom said I got knocked out and almost drowned to death.

Ive got a few concussions snowboarding and Racing. When you get one you feel dizzy and want to puke. (sometimes do).

quadsquadron221
08-08-2006, 12:21 PM
I was at a party two years ago at school. Its like a four story building with balconys. I was on the ground doing a beer bong that started on the second story. I got done and was feeling kinda sick from the 3 beers. Then i guess some jackass threw an empty keg off the third story. It bounced off the concrete and came up and drilled be in the back of the head on its way back up. had it landed on me i would definatly be dead. But i dont remember anybody or anything from the whole day or half of the day before. Just being in the hospital. Luckily it was just a glancing blow.

quadsquadron221
08-08-2006, 12:22 PM
But the crazy part was when i was in the hospital there was a ton of other people in there with party injurys. Thats halloween at SIU for ya.