PDA

View Full Version : 04 LTZ just dies HELP!!!

pimp400ex
08-04-2006, 12:07 PM
What is the remedy for a bike just cutting out from full throttle?
The jetting is good all the grounds have been cleaned an reattached. Is there a rev limiter for reverse that could be causing the problem? I had a CRaptor that did that! Please help and thank you!!!

jonboy
08-04-2006, 02:01 PM
If I understand what you're asking, yes there is a rev limiter for reverse. If it is at full throttle going forward and your in fifth gear? If you have lowered your gearing, it may rev out as well.

pimp400ex
08-04-2006, 11:59 PM
Revs out fine most of the time but it will just die at a spontaneous time around full throttle in any gear for example racing up a hill or just starting to haul a__ down a road. It sounds wierd but I swear it's true. It will actually just shut off!!!:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

rockman
08-05-2006, 03:49 PM
mine used to do that too... but then i turned the gas to reserver.. :D jk

jonboy
08-05-2006, 04:25 PM
Could also be a faulty CDI box. My friends 03' Z had a problem like that and he took it to a shop and that is what they told him. He ended up getting a programable CDI box. It did fix his problem. How they knew it was the CDI box is beyond me though. Idk if you could test it somehow. Couldnt hurt to ask a local suzuki shop

pimp400ex
08-05-2006, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the advice Rockman but I looked all over the bike and still can't find my reserver. Can you please tell me where to locate the reserver and then I will give it a try!:huh :D :D :D:devil:

rockman
08-05-2006, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by pimp400ex
Thanks for the advice Rockman but I looked all over the bike and still can't find my reserver. Can you please tell me where to locate the reserver and then I will give it a try!:huh :D :D :D:devil:
what do you mean you can't find the reserver:eek2: .. man its right next to the Kanooter Valve, behind the flux capacitor. GEEESH.. i thought everyone knew that.:D :cool: ;)

rockman
08-05-2006, 06:24 PM
oh by the way, yeah you might check the cdi like that guy said ;)

Michwolv60
08-06-2006, 11:41 AM
maybe its just me, but could the floats be off and you are sucking the bowl dry? check your float hieght on the carb.

LittleMissE
08-06-2006, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by rockman
oh by the way, yeah you might check the cdi like that guy said ;)

Yeah check the cdi before I went to St. Anthonys I got I new cdi b/c I had been borrowing someones before they got motor mods and when we got out there we rejetted my dvx but when I went to thunder(one of the drag hills about 10min from camp) it was runing fine but after I went up thunder a few times it started backfiring when i went though the woops at the bottom of the hill ( so I thought we jetted wrong at first) !! Then when we were almost back to camp my dvx just died and when I tried to start it woundnt do anything so my dad came back to see what was wrong and I guess I had moved around enough to get the cdi to re connect enough to start and then I made it a little bit futher before it died again so my dad got a strap and pulled me back later that day I thought about the only thing being new was the cdi so my dad put zipties around it to hold it tight and know it runs fine!!!

pimp400ex
08-06-2006, 12:04 PM
Thanks to everyone for the replies. I'll grab a new aftermarket CDI box which leads me to the next question,which CDI is the best bang for the buck?

pimp400ex
08-06-2006, 12:12 PM
Oh rockman,
Thanks for the inside info on the reserver! I finally located it next to the konooter valve when I was changing out my blinker fluid! WOW :eek2: what a difference that makes :D :devil:!!!

Sandgod4
08-06-2006, 08:46 PM
Try turning the petcock to the Prime position.. Now go ride and see what happens. Don't buy a CDI yet. Find somebody and just ask them to swap them.. If they both work on different machines it's not the CDI..