PDA

View Full Version : biuld one

MOUSE
08-23-2002, 11:44 AM
if i wanted to biuld a 426 powered machine, about how much do yall think i would have in it doing all the work myself? anyone here done it that can give me some advice? i dont care if it takes a long time to do it, im just looking to have something to do in my spare time. thanks dan

NacsRacing400
08-23-2002, 01:14 PM
Well you will have 2500 into a motor and the mounts, mxbubs was selling one with everything to put it in exept you have to weld radiator mounts and oil cooler mounts. Then another 200-450 on a aftermarket radiator to cool it properly. then a custom oil tank or modify the stock oil tank. Then you need a custom header pipe to clear the frame which dont know how much they are. Then just misc. nuts and bolts and there you have it, a yz powered quad. But it is a must to have aftermarket suspension or it will be a waste of power. Pm mxbubs, He is building one right now and can tell you more. I would say you could build one without the suspension for 3500-4000 if you look around and find the best prices.

MOUSE
08-23-2002, 01:16 PM
the stock head pipe on a 426 will not work in the 400 frame?

also how much for a aftermarke frame?or am i better to stay with a 400 frame?

NacsRacing400
08-23-2002, 01:50 PM
O well if you can afford an after market frame then you wont have to do anywork, just buy the engine, buy the frame and put it together. A frame is 2450-3000 depending on what brand. But remember that with the yzf frames they use both 250r part and 400 ex parts. Also you then need to buy the yzf swing arm for the frame also. Which is 600

MOUSE
08-23-2002, 02:03 PM
so the aftermarket frame shares 250r and 400ex parts :huh , which ones like a arms, sub frames. im kinda new to this and might be getting in over my head but ill try, might take me 2 or 3 yrs but :D

NacsRacing400
08-23-2002, 02:45 PM
If you are just going to buy n after market frame go -herehttp://www.houser-racing.com/ -- , under 426 frames and it will tell you everything you need from each quad. i know that the aftermarket frames use 250r plastics, seat, gas tanks but im not sure what else. If you just do your reasearch anyone with alittle time and money can do it. I am in the works of building a crf450 quad but im useing my stock frame until i can afford the houser frame next year. I am useing a walsh radiator to cool it and useing fullbore plastics, and i am still trying to find out if a crf houser swing arm will fit my stock frame until i get there frame. Hope im helping