PDA

View Full Version : Jet Kit

Vx2
08-04-2006, 07:25 AM
I ordered a K&N Jet Kit from Rockymountainatv and they sent me a Dynojet brand Jet Kit. I called and they said that they are made by the same company? Is this true? Is Dynojet a good brand?

Also, what jet would I install for an 05 400EX with a Yosh full system and K&N intake? Air box lid will remain stock. I would guess that the areas that I normally ride are only a few hundred feet above sea level. I live in the bay area of Norcal.

Thanks.

adavis4
08-04-2006, 07:57 AM
i have the same mods as you and i run a dynojet 170 main jet. that is with the air box lid off. I am in atlanta ga and i guess we are about the same sea level-not really sure though. Dyno jet is a good brand, they are all about the same really

GPracer2500
08-04-2006, 09:47 AM
Dynojet is by far the most common jetting kit available. Several brands sell Dynojet kits under their own name. I don't care for them personally, but lots of people use them with success.

buster024
08-04-2006, 07:49 PM
I've got similar mods to you, and I run a 155 dyno. I called Yoshi, and they recommended a 160, but after I took out the quiet core (highly recommended if you like it loud), I needed a little more juice. Runs good at 155.

jokester
08-05-2006, 03:15 PM
I am running a 158 main jet, with white bros pro meg full sytem and K&N with the lid off and it runs awsome, but when start getting into all of that it is highly recommended that you do some type of modification to the air box lid, whether it be drill holes and put filters through them or just taking the whole lid off, but somehow you need to get more air through