PDA

View Full Version : racing vs. wakeboarding

hartnett18
08-03-2006, 07:37 PM
What do you guys think takes more skill Racing motocross or going out on the lake and wakeboarding. my friend seems to think racing is soooo simple and easy yet he cant clear a jump if he wanted to. and he cant do a trick on a wakeboard but says it takes more skill i know some of you like wakeboarding to but i think racing competively is alot more challenging what do you guys think.

Scro
08-03-2006, 07:38 PM
Well, I guess that depends on what class you are racing in;). I have heard that wakeboarding is pretty tough, though.

LittleMissE
08-03-2006, 07:38 PM
I think that racing motocross is alot harder!!

watts16
08-03-2006, 07:41 PM
wakeboarding can be hard. But when yhou wreck its a less painful fall:blah:

08-03-2006, 08:03 PM
wakeboarding is kind easy IMO...

i went out there on a 140hp boat and got the board up in 5 tries, exactly five, and after i fell, i got back up. it doesnt hurt like MX...then, I did a tail grab...it was hard but it wasnt as hard as something like a no hander or something like that...

imo, mx is definetly harder b/c u have to have balls to go to a 100ft table and actually attempt to clear it, where as wakeboarding is like doing flips and **** like that which is pretty easy imo with practice

quadsquadron221
08-03-2006, 08:37 PM
Each are hard in their own way. Wakeboarding in general is not that hard. Neither is riding on a track or racing c class. But when you start getting into tricks on a wakeboard you are talking about somthing totally different. Same thing with racing a class. I think that wakeboarding requires more finess. Racing requires more balls. I just switched from racing to hard core wakeboarding. Chances of a paralizing injury are much much less. Wakeboarding tricks take more time to master then racing. If you dont make the trick you fall then the boat has to come back around and so on... where as in racing when you are trying somthing new you can just keep hitting it and hitting it till you get where you want to be. One thing about wakeboarding that makes it 100% better than racing is the ladies. Ladies are attracted to wakeboard boats and wine coolers. I can put 10 women on my boat and **** around with them where as when i was racing i was concentrated on racing and not screwing around with women at the track. You get out on the lake a have 10 half drunk women and the fun begins.

08-03-2006, 08:39 PM
wakeboarding is pretty hard i havent wakeborded in a wile, but i remember all i could do was ride

Nick110
08-03-2006, 08:56 PM
I think racing is fairly easy to me. But wake boarding was a lot harder to pick up. I have been snowboarding for 8+ years and it took me like 10 times to get up on the wake board. For some reason wake boarding was super hard for me. Racing just comes more natural.

ZSNOW
08-07-2006, 10:50 AM
well most people on this web site...racing comes natrully i wake board and race....racing is much harder wake boarding is a toottally different sport and is hard in its own way....the conclusion wakeboarding is easyer..

FoxRacing81
08-07-2006, 10:58 AM
Racing is pretty extreme, IMO. Sometimes, depending on the other riders, it can almost be do or die/severly injured. People following you, you don't do a jump, the rider behind you does, you may just get landed on. You have to push yourself to the max to stay ahead, but increase your chances of a wreck.

Wakeboarding, hey, I have never done it, but it can't be easy to be good.

Both have there extremes I suppose, but you can't really compare the two. Saying one or the other is easy is stupidity, but trying to say one is easier then the other is impossible.

trick450r
08-07-2006, 02:55 PM
the difference i see is when you wakeboard, if you do a backflip you can go 10 feet or 30 feet, but either way your gonna do a backflip and get the same score as the next guy. But racing if you cant do that 70 foot double, you just not gonna win....

red4r
08-07-2006, 04:30 PM
welll i do both so...id say racings a little bit easyer...wakeboardings tuff chit...gettin up and ridings easy its when u start jumping and doing tricks were it gets hard even tho i did land a backflip 2nd try but its still hard as hell..and u can have sum prety knarly falls wakeboarding 2... but crashing in mx is alot worse

redrider311
08-07-2006, 04:57 PM
hah hahah hahahaha i never thought id see this thread anywhere...

well ive raced MX for about 2 years now and ive been in semi pro/amateur wakeboard competitions for about 8 years now.. basically the difference for me is that wakeboarding is alot more technical.. when i go to competitions i have a set run i will perform and i will hope the water is smooth and i have a good set... all in all id say wakeboarding is more my passion so therefore it is alot more challenging for me because i put alot more emphasis on my wakeboarding as opposed to racing ... for example ill spend 3 or 4 days on one trick to finally land it but then ill show up to the track on saturday and unload and race..i know my example is far from the average persons because wakeboarding is alot more important to me than racing but i thought id throw my 2 cents in :p

redrider311
08-07-2006, 05:00 PM
but i think racing competively is alot more challenging what do you guys think.

oo and about the competition.. it is basically the same for both.. you have an amout of people in different classes based on skill and you see who comes out on top;) really not too much difference

PismoLocal
08-07-2006, 05:08 PM
I think wake boarding is easier. Im ok at wake boarding I can do 360's and I can do a super man and some grabs, I can't back flip or do any thing crazy like that but I think riding mx is a lot harder there is way more mental stress I would way rather crash on a wake board then on my quad.

If your talking about just wake boarding compared to racing motor cross I think racing motor cross is alot harder than just cruising around the lake and doin grabs. I would guess that being competitive in wake boarding competition would be equally as difficult as being competitive racing motor cross though.

PismoLocal
08-07-2006, 05:13 PM
Another thing about racing too is that its a lot more complicated, you have a clutch at your left hand, throttle and brake that have to be worked by your right hand, shifter at your left foot, and a rear brake at your right. It took me a couple weeks to learn how to ride a dirtbike when I was younger but I got the hang of wake boarding on my second day back when I was learning.