PDA

View Full Version : Rear shock blown?

watts16
08-03-2006, 04:41 PM
I sat on my quad the other day and it seems really stiff. Even when my dad and me on it it wont go down all the way. I hear a hissing noise but dont know if its coming from the shock. I am buying a gthunder rebuilt shock this weekend at a race. How long will it take to install? Will I need an airbox riser?

ronnie
08-03-2006, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by watts16
I sat on my quad the other day and it seems really stiff. Even when my dad and me on it it wont go down all the way. I hear a hissing noise but dont know if its coming from the shock. I am buying a gthunder rebuilt shock this weekend at a race. How long will it take to install? Will I need an airbox riser? it should take about 30 min. and i didn't do anything to my air box

DirtDevilBT
08-03-2006, 10:20 PM
Might take a little longer if you exchange the linkage too, just be ready for it. The top shock bolt is put in from the right side, the best thing to do when you get into the rear shock is put the bolt through the left side. It makes it easier to get at the bolt/nut and not have to deal with the exhaust. No big deal, but it you are in there mine as well switch them around. IMO