PDA

View Full Version : strong 2:3 front rim

roundsy
08-03-2006, 04:15 PM
well basically i need some new front rims and want to go a lot wider. so far i have i only found itp t-9s and douglas red labels with that offset, is there any other rim out there with that offset but stronger than those?

thanks

400exrider707
08-03-2006, 04:29 PM
You might want beadlocks which I believe they do make in that offset. Understand that the 2:3 offset although wider and less tippy, offers worse handling, and more feedback through the handlebars.

pnut420
08-07-2006, 12:59 PM
I would think hiper does. If they dont maybe you can have them make you a set, I know they make 3:2 offset for yamaha.

You guys are talking about 3:2 right? Ive never heard of 2:3 before. If you do go with 2:3 it going to put alot of stress on your balljoints and everything and bump steer will be terrible, its going to want to follow every rut you hit. Id get some cheap new or used burgards and go with 4:1 rims.

400exrider707
08-10-2006, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by pnut420
I would think hiper does. If they dont maybe you can have them make you a set, I know they make 3:2 offset for yamaha.

You guys are talking about 3:2 right? Ive never heard of 2:3 before. If you do go with 2:3 it going to put alot of stress on your balljoints and everything and bump steer will be terrible, its going to want to follow every rut you hit. Id get some cheap new or used burgards and go with 4:1 rims.

We are talking about 2:3. I doubt that hiper would make them as they seem to really only make "race" wheels and no real racer would run that rim setup. Also differing wheel offsets do not add bump-steer. They might offer more "feedback" but that is not bumpsteer, but yes 4:1 are where its at.

The closer you have the centerline of your tire lined up with the center line of you spindle, then the better your handling will be.

roundsy
08-11-2006, 08:27 AM
okay well i live canada and some of the parts are harder to get so i think im just going to go with a 3:2 wheel, i was looking at douglas quadrok wheels, how do ya think they would hold up for trails mostly and a wee bit of track?

thanks

300ex mxracer
08-11-2006, 02:14 PM
for trails and lil track id go with the hiper non-beadlocks, but i think they only come in 4:1

roundsy
08-11-2006, 04:07 PM
yea id love to get hipers, but its not gonna happen, the most ill spend on a wheel is for itp bajas, but i was just looking at some quadroks and wouldnt mind hearing some input if anyone has any...thanks