PDA

View Full Version : 06 450r shuts down at full throttle

saljoey
08-03-2006, 04:01 PM
I Was trying to drag race my 06 TRX450R and off the line at full throttle the quad shuts down. I was told that it is the accelerator pump and there is nothing i can do about it. Is this true or is there something i can modify on the stock carb to not have this problem? I thought my jets were clogged so i just replaced them with a jet kit and put a full exhaust on. Still got problem and dealer told me the accelerator pump is the issue.

any help??

400eXr1d3rZ
08-03-2006, 04:37 PM
Sounds to me your jets are off, what size jets do you have in?

saljoey
08-03-2006, 04:42 PM
140 Main Jet by Dynojet and air box lid off. Running C12 and 2.5 turns on the fuel mixture screw.

Doober
08-03-2006, 05:16 PM
air box lid on or off? cause im running a slip on with no air box lid, im at 172 main

GotMuscle?
08-03-2006, 05:20 PM
I am having sort of the same problem. I have the dyno jet kit in mine too. I was fine until I switched from pump gas to VP U4 race gas, I had that prob it would bog to nothing at full throttle. I changed main jet to the 124 dynojet main and it just ran too lean cause she was getting hot!!!. I tried everything to get it to stp but I think i might try to race this weekend and order keijen jets, lol how ever you spell it next week. I have talked to a few people and the hondas don't like the dynojet kits, aparently i need to run a 175 main maybe you can try that or just try leaning it out to the 124 main and see if yours get to hot. I raised my needle a notch too on the dynojet needle I am on the 5th slot from top runs like a BI
but gets hot that why I richened the needle hoping it will hold off for me this weekend then I am switching to VP C12. If anyone has any idea's ion what I can do speak up please!!!

ryann mx68
08-03-2006, 05:27 PM
the ap can be adjusted, duration.

you should be around:

165 main keihn

42-45 pilot keihn

crf 450 needle

#55 leak jet

2.5 out a/f screw

no lid

slip-on/full exhaust
****this will get you very close

you should ditch the dynojets and go back to keihns, easier to help you.

prnstr4life
08-03-2006, 06:55 PM
I work with Sal and I havent actually confirmed it myself but it was doing this before the jets and exhaust were installed. he just installed a K+N, white bros full exhaust, and jets.