PDA

View Full Version : i need new shocks,, any help?

tye101
08-03-2006, 11:02 AM
hey people, i need to get better shocks for my yfz, i wanna make it much softer,,, but still be able to go big if i want,,,,, alot of people have said to go with fox floats,, was wanting to knew which floats,,,, thanks, please get back to me

bansheexcracer2
08-03-2006, 11:14 AM
Look in motosport, they have fox floats. They are filled with air insted of nitrogen. I would get elkas or if you have the money get custom axis.

trx400exxracer
08-03-2006, 11:36 AM
ever thought about getting +2 a-arms and a +4 axle and getting your shocks rebuilt by DeRisi and getting his linkage

http://www.derisiracing.com/

pudamac12
08-03-2006, 11:40 AM
check your pm's

pnut420
08-07-2006, 01:06 PM
If you are wanting to go with high end stuff like fox floats or elka, like trx400exxracer said Id look into getting an aftermarket axle and a-arms. If you want to stay stock width you can just get some +1 aftermarket burgard a-arms or something cheap and get some 4-1 rims.

Ive got Axis on my front and the are pretty soft but handle all the big stuff, PEP are supposed to ride super plush but Ive only rode the older standard travel ones. Fox are good and so are elka.

You also can just have your stockers rebuilt and they will ride pretty good. a Derisi or gt thunder linkage with a stock rebuild ride pretty good for the $.

1ride2for-god
08-10-2006, 11:14 AM
Get +2-3 A-Arms and a -1 axle. Works like no other. After you get that done, go with Fox Floats. Call thier costomer service and they'll hook you up with the right shocks. God bless you gyz.:)

Toadz400
08-10-2006, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by 1ride2for-god
Get +2-3 A-Arms and a -1 axle. Works like no other. After you get that done, go with Fox Floats. Call thier costomer service and they'll hook you up with the right shocks. God bless you gyz.:)

Why would he want a -1 axle? If you don't care about extra width just get all 3 of your shocks rebuilt by DeRisi or GT Thunder. If you want some extra width find a nice used set on eBay and get your stocks revalved for those. Depending on how wide you go in the front, you'll probably want a +2 to +4 axle.

pnut420
08-10-2006, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
Why would he want a -1 axle? If you don't care about extra width just get all 3 of your shocks rebuilt by DeRisi or GT Thunder. If you want some extra width find a nice used set on eBay and get your stocks revalved for those. Depending on how wide you go in the front, you'll probably want a +2 to +4 axle.

I think he meant +1. Seems like he is still learning but its all good. Your exactly right though.

cchrider
08-10-2006, 11:58 PM
I am running Elka/Houser LT front end. I really like it. The valving seems to be right also.