PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle permit ?

alpinestr33
08-03-2006, 09:30 AM
in PA wha tdo i have to do to get my permit for a bike,i have a valid drivers license and im 17. i wont have to go get a physical and all that agin will i? or do i just take my license and b.c. to the dmv for the test? thanx

Toadz400
08-03-2006, 09:44 AM
I would look it up on your DMV's website, but here in Wisconsin all you need to do is go to the DMV with your license and take a permit test. Then they hand you the permit if you pass.

alpinestr33
08-03-2006, 09:48 AM
sick thanks

coryatver
08-03-2006, 10:17 AM
If you have a car liscense you take a knowledge test and if you pass 10 bucks for your permit.

wilkin250r
08-03-2006, 03:49 PM
Look into a rider course, either through the local Community College or the Highway patrol.

In Nevada, they have a slick program, and similar progams in many other states. I bet PA has one.

It's a two-day course, for about $100. They provide motorcycles and helmets. When you pass the course, they give you a completion card. You take that card to DMV, and they give you your motorcycle license right away, no permit, no tests.

All the testing is part of the rider course. At the end of the course, they give you a written test, and a driving test. If you pass it, the DMV honors that, you don't need to take an additional test through the DMV.

In the two days, they go through all the exercises that you'll need to pass the driving test. A quick-stop, quick turn, slow-speed maneuvering, proper cornering and braking, ect. And it's not much more expensive than going through the DMV, because it's like $20-$40 each for the written and riding tests through the DMV.

Plus, the course is a good idea anyways, to learn the proper riding techniques of braking and turning, motorcycle riding laws, and things to look for while riding.

Cody_300ex
08-03-2006, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Look into a rider course, either through the local Community College or the Highway patrol.

In Nevada, they have a slick program, and similar progams in many other states. I bet PA has one.

It's a two-day course, for about $100. They provide motorcycles and helmets. When you pass the course, they give you a completion card. You take that card to DMV, and they give you your motorcycle license right away, no permit, no tests.

All the testing is part of the rider course. At the end of the course, they give you a written test, and a driving test. If you pass it, the DMV honors that, you don't need to take an additional test through the DMV.

In the two days, they go through all the exercises that you'll need to pass the driving test. A quick-stop, quick turn, slow-speed maneuvering, proper cornering and braking, ect. And it's not much more expensive than going through the DMV, because it's like $20-$40 each for the written and riding tests through the DMV.

Plus, the course is a good idea anyways, to learn the proper riding techniques of braking and turning, motorcycle riding laws, and things to look for while riding.

KY has that too, my brother and my dad did it. Except here in KY most insurance companies will give you a 15% discount .

klutchbuster250
08-06-2006, 03:34 PM
is there any way i can get photoshop with out hvung to pay.like how people get limewire for free,a sample or not the full version?