PDA

View Full Version : problem with my trx 450

nicktrx450r
08-03-2006, 08:52 AM
i need soME help cant find out why my quad doesnt want to ride slow. i got to hold the trotle down 3/4 of the way down to GET GOING . the when moving i caNT RIDE SLOW IT BOGS OUT AND STALLS
JUST BOUGHT IT ON MONDAY. AND HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR THE FAN TO TURN ON.
SO ONE HELP IM LOST WHEN IT COMES TO THIS QUAD

bwamos
08-03-2006, 09:31 AM
Take it back and make them fix it. ;)

Either you've go carb issues, timing issues, spark issues, or compression issues.

Odds are is youre float level is off and you are getting waay too much fuel at low rpms. But since you jsut bought it off of someone, who know what's wrong with it.

Didn't you test ride it first?

400exrider707
08-03-2006, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by bwamos
Take it back and make them fix it. ;)

Either you've go carb issues, timing issues, spark issues, or compression issues.

Odds are is youre float level is off and you are getting waay too much fuel at low rpms. But since you jsut bought it off of someone, who know what's wrong with it.

Didn't you test ride it first?

He didn't say its not used, it could even be from a dealer.

nicktrx450r
08-03-2006, 09:40 AM
yea its new its an 05 left over im takin to them today to check it out.

how long does it take for the fan to come on? it gets hot real fast ill have the check that out too

Trajik1002
08-07-2006, 01:34 AM
I actually had the same problem that you did...I bought an o5 left over and when i wanted to go slow on the trails with lots of riders it was really hard to ride slow and feather the clutch.....it just bogged out and stalled...it took some time to get use to. After about 4 or 5 tanks of gas and then the first recomemded oil change time i wasn't so bad....i think it just needed to be broke in a little and as for the fan i haven't even really seen mine on much to be honest it really takes a lot to get it on. But if you do happen to find out something is wrong let me know.

DirtDevilBT
08-08-2006, 12:03 AM
If I let the bike idle for like 10 minutes the fan will come on. It takes a while to come on and when it does you can't hear it.

If you want, put a line on the fan, I used some white out, that way it is easier to see if it's spinning.

BSTURDIVANT
08-08-2006, 07:26 AM
Left over 05's have had today's high quality gas setting in them for months! Carbs are gummed up and tanks are full of gas not fit for a lawnmower! drain all fuel before starting and donate it back to the dealership's owner (volunteer to put it in his personal car!!!)