PDA

View Full Version : Cannondale Questions

staakej
08-02-2006, 06:43 PM
Ive all ways been a hardcore honda man but MotoX racing is hard on my pocket book. I found a 2002 cannondale for a very nice price. and ive been looking a ebay and other web pages for parts to make a full motoX quad but i'm concerned about spending money on a quad that may blow up ! If i get all the updates done will this be a reliable quad ? I'm not talk a once a month trail ride eirther, I wana know if its gona hold up to racing every weekend getting to crap ran out of it.

I'm new to the cannondale game so any and all info we'll be help full. I wana know what works what dosnt. Parts suppliers, web sights, updates. any thing anyone knows thanks

adam450
08-02-2006, 07:49 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=208805

parts maybe cheaper but they are harder to get and it is a full time job owning a cannondale.race on the weekend work on it all week.

Sandgod4
08-02-2006, 10:02 PM
If you get one updated it should be fine. This mean all internal updates especially the crank and bolts, impellar.. Moto 450's for 5g's all updated are out there.. Strongest frame, alxe, arms, wheels on a stock machine to this day..

C41Xracer
08-03-2006, 02:10 PM
ive owned my dale for 2 years and have all updates done, the only issue ive had is the stock plastic impeller took a crap.Replaced it with an aluminum one and had no problems since.

theTman
08-03-2006, 02:17 PM
about that hard to get parts comment...

its easy to get OEM parts

www.blackwidowatv.com

staakej
08-03-2006, 05:25 PM
ive owned my dale for 2 years and have all updates done, the only issue ive had is the stock plastic impeller took a crap.Replaced it with an aluminum one and had no problems since.

? how many hours do you have in your dale ? MX racing or just trail ridering ?

Heybo
08-03-2006, 08:14 PM
I've owned my Dale for three years and it is completely reliable. I've updated my motor and now all I do is service it and ride the heck out of it. I AX mine in the winter, MX it during the spring and early summer, and trail and dune ride during the summer. People that tell you that Dales aren't reliable once they're updated don't know what they're talking about.

Pro400EXC
08-04-2006, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by adam450
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=208805

parts maybe cheaper but they are harder to get and it is a full time job owning a cannondale.race on the weekend work on it all week.

Dude...

Shut the hell up...You obviously do not know what your talking about.

Sure you may have heard others bash the Dale or Dale owners w/ bad expirences..but c'mon

Get off the Big 3 Koolaid and open your eyes..

there are many dale owners who have nothing but great times w/ there dale.

I have a built motor that'll spank up on built honda/yammaha,etc and have had ZERO problems w/ it..
I ride hard on the weekends and race...and then change my oil/fuel filter during the week..Nothing more than a typical person does to there Honda/Kawi/Zuk/Yamaha....

so please don't misinform somebody about somehting you know nothing about

adam450
08-04-2006, 02:45 PM
does the truth hurt crybaby?i love how you ladies get so upset.i do no know.i have owned two cannondales and raced them alot harder and alot more than just about anyone out there so save your breath.why dont you shut me up and bring your crapendale on.you guys dont know the meaning of riding hard.haha you kill me.just look at the pics of the cannondale community a bunch of 50 yr olds lmao.WOOT WOOT!

Pro400EXC
08-04-2006, 04:42 PM
LOL...

dammit man your hilarous...

You are very mature man. I am glad you like to represent yourself that way.

And I will bring my crapendale and ride it very hard.

You have no right talking about how each of us ride our bikes..You have no idea..I cannot see how your Yankee *** can watch me ride all the way down here in FL.

How old are you adam? How about you wait til your nuts drop then come on here and bash everyone of us.

Just don't run into me on the streets one day cause your Alligator mouth might get your jaybird *** kicked

adam450
08-04-2006, 07:16 PM
awwww....poor baby need a tissue????please dont hate me cuz you hate your cannondale.it will be ok one of these days the value might actually rise enough so you can actually sell it and be able to aford something else.wich is the exact reason most of you still have them.they arent worth crap to sell.so you hang on to them as the price diminishes and diminishes.you guys lie to yourself so much about them actually being good quads you are starting to believe it yourselfs.haha.hey pro dont choke on a penis tonight tough guy.

staakej
08-04-2006, 08:59 PM
I'm just looking for information eirther way. I really dont want to start a pissing contest. PLEASE ARGUE SOME WHERE ELSE!

Pro400EXC
08-04-2006, 09:55 PM
lmao....

this cheesedick's been registered since aug 04 and has made 14posts...in which 3/4 of htem are complete bull****.

Get a life dickhead

yamadjs08
08-04-2006, 11:48 PM
staakej, it is a pain to read through the arguing that goes on, but people like adam450 just like to stir the pot... If you dont like Cannondales, then dont even enter the Cannondale section, easy as that. Last thing we need on this site is people like you, its already bad enough around here, keep your words to yourself.

staakej, Cannondales can be reliable, for the most part if you get a stocker than you need to go through the motor and get some issues cleared up. Doesnt cost much at all and most work can be done by anybody who is mechanically inclined. Or just buy one that has already been gone through by a professional. It seems as though the stockers will probably hit you at the worst time, but with Cannondales you dont spend near as much money on other mechanical parts compared to what you would spend on a jap quad because of things breaking. Cannondales are quality machines that are generally a lot tougher than most quads. Stuff you might break on stock jap quads like bars, axles, frame, stems, stuff like that, you generally will have a much harder time breaking on a Cannondale. Aftermarket is obviously limited compared to a honda, but there is plenty of aftermarket to choose from. So like I said, go through the motor and ride! I have ridden almost every quad on the market, and I must say there isnt anything quite like a Cannondale. Good luck on your decision and I hope you make the right choice!

adam450
08-05-2006, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Pro400EXC
lmao....

this cheesedick's been registered since aug 04 and has made 14posts...in which 3/4 of htem are complete bull****.

Get a life dickhead

cheesedick...lmfao only a *** would refer did dick as food hahahahahahaha

armoks
08-05-2006, 02:38 PM
staakej, C-dales can be reliable. I have had mine since they were introduced. I have also had an ATK. I will say it takes the same amount of maintience as my new Zuke, takes oil changes and a good look over after every ride just like any other 450 class machine.

For parts yea Blackwidow is about the best out there. His mechanic used to work for ATK and really knows his sheet. Brad has been in the Industry for a long time and knows what is needed in a motor not just a backyard mechanic doing it on the side.

Pro400EXC
08-05-2006, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by adam450
cheesedick...lmfao only a *** would refer did dick as food hahahahahahaha

insulting people's sexuality you don't even know...good one...

Dude seriously...How old are you? By the way it looks not much over 15.