PDA

View Full Version : knocking sound

klutchbuster250
08-02-2006, 09:41 AM
my 250ex has a very low knocking sound,it sounds like a litletin can wit a small rock inside but it very low i have no clue wut it is ? can someone help

400eXr1d3rZ
08-02-2006, 09:51 AM
Is it more of a Tick or a Knock???

Tick: Your vavles need to be adjusted.

Knock: Something bad is going to happen.

BlasterEaten250
08-02-2006, 10:37 AM
is it coming from the top or bottom end? is it just when you start it, or all the time? The first thing i would suggest is change your oil with good oil like mobil 1.

klutchbuster250
08-02-2006, 01:37 PM
its more like a tick and it sound like its coming from the top

ryanh250ex
08-03-2006, 01:25 PM
valves need adjusting

all honda pushrods make a slight tick though

Iamgone
08-09-2006, 11:14 AM
Yep, sounds like the valves need to be adjusted. That is what mine needed.

bigj250
08-12-2006, 08:22 PM
did you break it in good because mine did that 2 but it stoped wen i got my pipe and stuff now it runs fine my brothers did that also and it went away wen he got his hmf were you running it without spark arrestor wen you were breking it in ???? dats what me and my friends did and after it made that noise:eek2:

klutchbuster250
08-13-2006, 04:44 PM
at first i had my spark arrester on ,but then after two months or so i took it off but i noticed the noise a couple weaks ago so i dont think its that im pretty sure its the valves.But you never know

rebelbuggy
09-18-2006, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by bigj250
did you break it in good because mine did that 2 but it stoped wen i got my pipe and stuff now it runs fine my brothers did that also and it went away wen he got his hmf were you running it without spark arrestor wen you were breking it in ???? dats what me and my friends did and after it made that noise:eek2:

Naw your ticking is still there you just cant hear it anymore with that Loud as heck pipe LOL....

I have a ticking on mine already adjeusted the valves, I need new rocker arms...

But for not it just have to tick..

does good oil really make a driffrence?

ryanh250ex
09-25-2006, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by rebelbuggy
Naw your ticking is still there you just cant hear it anymore with that Loud *** pipe LOL....

I have a ticking on mine already adjeusted the valves, I need new rocker arms...

But for not it just have to tick..

does good oil really make a driffrence?

good oil does make a difference.

250X_project
09-27-2006, 08:35 PM
Yeah most likely it is your valve clearance....

OIL MAKES A HUUUGE DIFFERANCE. If you want your engine to last you must use good oil and change it on schedual (change filter too!)

You can't just use mobile, you don't use the stuff you put in your car, you must use the oil with the right API rating listed on the back (SF or SG). This means it will lube, not only the engine but your tranny and clutch as well.

Oh, and the filter must be in right...backwards won't let oil flow.