PDA

View Full Version : splitting the cases

cincy250R
08-02-2006, 07:27 AM
alright i have a friend that his chain came off his 450r and broke the shift rod off and broke the case and i was just wondering if there is any special tools needed when splitting the case i have already replaced one on my 250r but that's like comparing night and day just getting alittle heads up before i do this

Thanks
-Dave

tltcracing
08-02-2006, 08:07 AM
as far as i know there isnt any needed.

chad502ex
08-02-2006, 09:30 AM
not to split the cases, but to remove spanner nuts and driven crankshaft gears.

If you don't think you want to mess with it, just ship it to me.

good luck!

QuadRacer041
08-02-2006, 12:14 PM
youll need a flywheel puller for sure. there are some special tools that make life easier but everything can be pulled without them.gear holder to remove the counterbalance gear and a special socket to remove the counter balance gear nut. also the cam sprocket holder helps too.

cincy250R
08-04-2006, 10:09 AM
so everything can be taken off without any kind of special tools???? i have the manual for it also i hope it will go smoothly

-Dave

tltcracing
08-04-2006, 05:57 PM
in the begining of the section that the case is in it will list the specalty tools needed. you can do it with nothing specal (i have never done it) but they sure make life easyer.

benwa450r
08-04-2006, 07:06 PM
The two things that were hardest for me were needing a flywheel puller to get flywheel off and clutch hub holder to remove clutch. Everything you can do. The manual tells you step by step how to do it. You also need an accurate torque wrench to put it back together the right way. I would get all new Honda gaskets to do it right the first time. I think the left case comes with some bearings. Some are really hard to get out. I waited t see what case came with and what I needed and ordered bearings after I received case. I changed both cases on mine... and crank and rod and piston and cylinder. Good luck.:)