PDA

View Full Version : Blaster/YZ125 build-COMING SOON!

QuadJunkies
08-02-2006, 12:30 AM
We got a little over one more month before we start off our Blaster/YZ125 build.

I could sure use some suggestions on whats HOT and whats NOT for the build!

1st thing we will be doing is suspention while we shop around for a motor. This way my Daughter can Cont. to get used to the set up . Im hoping we can build up new Motor mounts and leave the old ones for JUST IN CASE something was to go wrong with her motor, she will always have the Blaster motor for back up.

We are mainly doing this conversion so that she can Cont. to run age 12-15 91-125cc class as she has pretty much outgrown her 116 stroker mini..

I have been so busy I have not had alot of free time to explore that I can on whats all Avail. for the Blaster and would like all your help!

Its our goal to make this one sweet handling/hot looking BEAST!

I would like to start off with Suspention for now,graphics suggestions ect....Ill have to read up on what pipe works best for the new Motor as I am clueless on this one .

At MY Daughters request, she wants to change the color scheme from the black/Purple LE blaster colors to Black/green frame. She doesn NOT want anything too girly looking ..
:ermm: :rolleyes:

I need all the info I cant get(or can absorb before migraine sets in :p ) so Ill be posting this topic as a sticky threw out the build

Im leaning towards Elka Suspention, what sets up work well (A-Arms) with the suspention and what else is avail.?

This will be ALOT of work for us, but hopefully ALOT of fun to build as well!(and expensive! lol)

thanks for everyone help! :)

Tina

bradley300
08-02-2006, 07:59 AM
TCS shocks with SMS +5.6+1 a-arms, and SMS +1 swingarm.
for the pipe, you will need to contact a custom pipe maker. CPI and Gthunder can make custom two stroke exhaust, but they may need the motor and the frame to do it

QuadJunkies
08-02-2006, 10:29 AM
Theres a guy in Wash. that has this conversion so maybe Il hit him up for info on the pipe. Im not sending off he whole quad just for a pipe thats for sure:scary: lol

So is TCS familiar with this A-arm?

One thing that I know is that the swinger iw a MUST. The stock one looks weak

thanks for the info!:)

BlasterEaten250
08-02-2006, 01:19 PM
cool build. my friends yz125 with only a pipe beats the 400ex's:cool:

Tri-valleyracin
08-02-2006, 08:49 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=194861&highlight=yz250

good luck with it.

QuadJunkies
08-02-2006, 11:49 PM
That topic was a mess.. this topic will NOT go to pot like that one did. And we WILL have the neccesary race parts to complete the project.If it was for a grown adult, we would not even consider it ;)

this isnt something we are thinking about doing..this is something we ARE doing . there will be NO shortcuts

bradley300
08-03-2006, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Theres a guy in Wash. that has this conversion so maybe Il hit him up for info on the pipe. Im not sending off he whole quad just for a pipe thats for sure:scary: lol

So is TCS familiar with this A-arm?

One thing that I know is that the swinger iw a MUST. The stock one looks weak

thanks for the info!:)

they are not yet, but we can send them the specs so they can get your shocks made

get with me when you are ready to buy the chassis stuff. if you want the SMS stuff ( i highly recomend it ) i can probably get you a little better deal. retail is 750 for the swinger (which is a honda style chain adjustment) and 599 for the a-arms

QuadJunkies
08-03-2006, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
they are not yet, but we can send them the specs so they can get your shocks made

get with me when you are ready to buy the chassis stuff. if you want the SMS stuff ( i highly recomend it ) i can probably get you a little better deal. retail is 750 for the swinger (which is a honda style chain adjustment) and 599 for the a-arms

that is very kind of you-thanks, I will!:)

Thats good to hear about the honda style swinger !:macho

bradley300
08-04-2006, 07:32 AM
no problem, just tell me when and i'll get everything going

bradley300
08-07-2006, 06:04 AM
i thought about it a l;ittle more, and i think you would be better off with the +3 swinger. it wont turn as quick on the tight tracks, but it will be alot more stable at high speeds, which you will like at the WORCS

QuadJunkies
08-07-2006, 09:36 AM
i thought about it a l;ittle more, and i think you would be better off with the +3 swinger. it wont turn as quick on the tight tracks, but it will be alot more stable at high speeds, which you will like at the WORCS

you think?? Personally, I cant stand a longer swinger on mine,not even for MX. I put my stock swonger back on mine . I found it ALOT harder to push threw a corner and I think it gets better traction with it stock.

bradley300
08-07-2006, 10:28 AM
i think on the tighter, lower speed tracks, the +1 will work great, i just think on the high speed rough tracks, the +3 will work alot better. personaly for gncc's i love my +1, but i dont get up past 4th gear a whole lot in the woods.

the +1 will flat turn better and more precise, but it seems at the worcs races the turns are a little more wide and sweeping (maybe i'm wrong, ive just seen pics) so you can sacrifice a little turning presicion for a more stable ride.

also, with the +5.6 a-arms it will be very wide compared to how long it is. this might make it turn too quick with the +1 swingarm and i think the +3 will help even it back out and make it turn just right

QuadJunkies
08-07-2006, 11:00 AM
Is there is +2? I guess we can experiment a bit, I know shewill do some FT racing from time to time as well so the stock or a -1 would come in handy.

bradley300
08-08-2006, 07:22 AM
he can make a +2, but dosent advertise it mainly becasue most people want the +3 or +1 so thats what he tries to keep in stock. but with you needing a more all around machine, he can get you a +2 made up. also, if you dont mind switching back and forth, i would get the stock swingarm modified to length for the FT racesand use the other swingarm for the other races

QuadJunkies
08-08-2006, 10:32 AM
he can make a +2, but dosent advertise it mainly becasue most people want the +3 or +1 so thats what he tries to keep in stock. but with you needing a more all around machine, he can get you a +2 made up. also, if you dont mind switching back and forth, i would get the stock swingarm modified to length for the FT racesand use the other swingarm for the other races
no, wee dont mind swapptin it out, we do that already on mine for dif. styles of racing. The stock one had got t ogo for MX though cause it looks weak,it will work fine for MX though..

Do you know the widtch of the +2(inches) ?
50 inches seems WIDE for a blaster,heck...thats what I run of the 440.! lol I wish she had someone here who had the set up to try it out 1st .

QuadJunkies
08-08-2006, 10:36 AM
while Im thinking of it....
do you know the best place to find a service manual?? I cant seem to find one anywhere locally :confused:

bradley300
08-09-2006, 08:39 AM
http://www.repairmanual.com/atvs/2001/69/3/8116

thats for an 01, the 03's are a little different, but i wasnt sure what year yours is.

QuadJunkies
08-09-2006, 09:52 AM
http://www.repairmanual.com/atvs/2001/69/3/8116

thats for an 01, the 03's are a little different, but i wasnt sure what year yours is.
Ours is the 06 LE model.I done a search and found several manuals,but they were up to 05. I wasnt sure if the 06 was dif. than the rest?There was some PDF files for those.

bradley300
08-09-2006, 10:24 AM
i dont think there are any differences between the 05's and 06's. just the 02 to 03 there were quite a few changes so an 05 manual will work fine for you