PDA

View Full Version : first oil change..... i need help

redlineranger
08-01-2006, 09:27 PM
ok im doin the first service to it this weekend, but the 4wheeler didnt come with a manual and i dont know how much to put in it. so what i need to know is exactly how much goes in. and on the side of the motor where the tranny case is do i put oil in there to or what? like i said this is my first time changing oil on a 450 and i really dont know nothing about it. thanks in advance

redlineranger
08-02-2006, 04:03 PM
bump

bozz
08-02-2006, 04:58 PM
1.9 us quarts' put alittle over a 1/4 quart in the motor and the rest in the oil tank oh and would run ams oil syn in it i swear by that stuff! and dont over tighten the bolt on the oil tank!

Yfz450dan
08-02-2006, 07:51 PM
what ever u do dont put to much,its better to be a little below cause one time i put to much and oil went into my air box some how! got all over my air filter and all!:confused:

redlineranger
08-02-2006, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Yfz450dan
what ever u do dont put to much,its better to be a little below cause one time i put to much and oil went into my air box some how! got all over my air filter and all!:confused:

lol i know all about that yfzdan....... i accidently put to much in my 300ex one time. finished changin it and ran it down the road and it was runnin like some serious cocka. got back to the house and pulled the lid and the air filter was like a large oil filter:eek2: