PDA

View Full Version : making a exhaust quieter?

steve7467
08-22-2002, 08:21 PM
is it possible to make a pipe quieter? i just got an Alien exhaust and it is loud as ****. this is fine if you are riding around in the sand or a place where other loud quads are but putting around the mountains there is no way. ANy tips would be appriciated.

Leo
08-22-2002, 09:39 PM
I fell your pain...

I had a T4, and loved it, but it was just plain to loud..

got a PC IV-Q and the noise level is tolerable (although louder than stock).. but I lost much of the nice low-mid snap I got from the T4..

Really the only pipe that I would consider 'quiet' is the stocker..

The PC IV-Q is much quieter than most pipes, but depending on where you ride it could still be to loud :(

Leo

mxracer08
08-23-2002, 06:11 PM
if you want a good sounding pipe with plenty of power, the only way to go is with a yoshi. They may be high dollar pipes, but the sound is unbeatable.

Ex_Rider43
08-23-2002, 06:54 PM
yeah I have a alien system and its very loud but its a great sound. DMC sells a disc system that bolt on to the back of the silencer. you can see 6 or 7 screws at the silencer.buy the discs ans put it on, it should sound like a wb or a megamax 2

timewass
08-23-2002, 08:10 PM
Please no one ever waste your money on a quiet core for the T4. I paid $28 and it sounds awful and is just the stock sparkarrester screen with a washer welded onto the end of it.

airheadedduner
08-23-2002, 08:53 PM
For the R LRD makes a quiet silencer attachment. I found that my old answer sa-pro silencer is the sames size so I am just buying the conector piece that connects the first silencer to the second and making my own. LRD attachment=$100, just the connector piece=$35. Here's a pic of the LRD quiet attachment. I would think this is possible for a thumper. It adds 2hp to the top-end.

kicken250x
08-23-2002, 09:58 PM
how much quieter does that system make your R?

TheChknhwk
08-23-2002, 10:14 PM
You could go w/a WB E series or Supertrapp that have disc systems & run 6-8 discs & not be TOO loud but still realize some gains.

Hawk

Juggalo
08-23-2002, 11:50 PM
they make these things for crotch rockets..i have no idea what their called but they bolt onto the silencer and what they do is scatter the sound waves or somethin from the exhaust and it makes it a lot quieter with no loss in power. i bet if you could find out what those things are then you could make one fit your quads silencer.

airheadedduner
08-25-2002, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by kicken250x
how much quieter does that system make your R?
I think it was 90dbs with full lrd 350 powervalve.