PDA

View Full Version : Prices on shock rebuilds

dustinb
08-01-2006, 08:32 PM
I was just wondering who has the cheapest shock rebuilds for the LTR. also is there a Linkage available liek the GT thunder for the 450R i was at the store looking at LTR's today and they seem really high in the back. whats the best way to fix that, cause i love how low my 250R sat. Thanks

armoks
08-01-2006, 09:16 PM
MX tech will do you're shocks right without needing a new linkage. I think it was $550 for all three with the fronts anodized. call John at 724-336-3293

Derno24
08-02-2006, 05:31 AM
Trust me it isn't that high in the back at all. It even gets better with a shock rebuild. The way the fenders flare makes it look taller than it is.

atcdad
08-02-2006, 08:28 AM
i-shock does all 3 for about $275.00

FourFiftyFour
08-03-2006, 11:13 AM
im hearing good things about i-shock and mx tech both. I will probably get i-shock to rebuild mine as it is a bit more affordable for me.

ZRider400
08-04-2006, 06:38 AM
When the shocks get rebuilt, do they make them ZPS?

Colby@C&DRacing
08-07-2006, 08:41 AM
Revalving the LTR shocks without changing the springs is not going to be the best choice unless you are a heavy rider the stock shocks are over sprung, and the rear comp adjuster need rebuild it really doesn't effect anything without some mods

HDUSA
08-08-2006, 09:03 AM
The service that we offer “hands down” improves the feel of the LT-R suspension and please ask anyone that has had the service done by HDUSA to explain the specifics so it’s not a biased opinion straight from HDUSA. Just last week at dune fest in Oregon we had a huge, favorable response from a number of customers that had their LT-R shocks serviced by HDUSA.
Colby is absolutely correct, in stock trim, particularly the front is “over sprung”. However, since the modifications done by HDUSA increases not only the shaft travel but the overall length of the stock shock, more “static sag” must be placed in the front to achieve a balanced ride height. This is accomplished easily by running very little pre-load in the stock spring which in addition to regaining the stock ride height, softens up the initial part of the stroke and allows the stock progressive rate spring to perform quite well. Right off the showroom floor the LTR fronts have an excessive amount of pre-load to achieve the desired ride height which results in the notoriously harsh ride that Colby is referring too. Colby definitely knows what he’s doing and a spring rate change will make a huge difference. However, we are trying to offer a reasonably priced alternative to aftermarket shocks (sounds kind of counter productive coming from a shock manufacturer huh?). Where do you draw the line between tuning the stock components and forking out the bucks for new shocks?

Please feel free to call one of our technicians with any questions regarding our LT-R service @ 866-GO-ISHOCK.

Rooprick
08-08-2006, 07:13 PM
I will have mine back from HDUSA in the next day or so. As soon as I get them I'm going to the track. I will let all of you know what I think of them.

Rooprick
08-10-2006, 09:26 PM
Got them today I will ride them this weekend. HDUSA was on time with the work that makes me very happy.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f197/Rooprick/pics003.jpg