PDA

View Full Version : 426ex

FoxMxRiders
08-01-2006, 04:58 PM
I have a 01 400ex with a stock engine original piston/rings and it doesn't burn any oil :D

Here my mods :

Engine :

Uni Filter
Open Box
Choke Removed
Secret Carb modification (increase throttle response)
Yoshimura Off-road Slipon

Chassis :

Stadium Full adjustable front shocks
Lonestar +2 +4 axle
Rad Double Row Carrier
Rad Locknut

I like my 400ex and don't want to change it.Just need a more power.

I was thinking about this setup :

Je 426 13:1
Stage 2 Cam
HD Spring
Port and polish
Maybe 450R carb or a FCR41
Maybe Curtis Spark X-6 :D

Does I need something else??

krt400ex
08-01-2006, 05:04 PM
i would do at least stiffer clutch springs. i would really recomend going with a full hinson setup. they r #1. otherwise everything looks good. oh, and u might want to go with a rev box. post some pics when ur all done

FoxMxRiders
08-01-2006, 05:33 PM
Yeah I forget the Rev box :p

anyway this winter I will tear all the quad apart and the motor to remplace fews pieces.I will buy a CRF Cam chain and some other things!!I will see for the clutch but now it doesn't slip at all!!

brapbrap13
08-01-2006, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by FoxMxRiders

anyway this winter I will tear all the quad apart and the motor to remplace fews pieces.I will buy a CRF Cam chain and some other things!!I will see for the clutch but now it doesn't slip at all!!

instead of just a crf chain, grab a crf motor :D

FoxMxRiders
08-01-2006, 05:47 PM
I can have one,my friend Father have one with all the thing to swap it but man it's a hard work to make it fit and I don't want to cut my frame :(

krt400ex
08-01-2006, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by FoxMxRiders

if u slip ur clutch alot then u will def. need stronger clutch springs. if u don't slip it much then u'll prolly be fine. be aware that with that much more power then ur clutch might give out on a hot day

GPracer2500
08-01-2006, 06:19 PM
I wouldn't run a stock rod with that much compression. 13:1 is a lot in an EX.

Also, what's your "secret" carb mod...come on man--spill it!! :)

FoxMxRiders
08-01-2006, 06:21 PM
Yeah I was thinking the same ... 13:1 with the stock rod that's a lot

And for the carb mod ... I can't :p sorry :(

Wheelie
08-01-2006, 08:18 PM
If you plan on running 13:1 comp, a HD rod will be needed. While the crank is out, why not stroke it to a 450?

ride_red666
08-02-2006, 10:25 PM
get a cdi instead of a rev box, it increases the rev as well as throttle response

redexrider
08-02-2006, 10:58 PM
isn't the "rev box" the same thing as a CDI box?? I bought my CDI box which contains the rev limiter circuit in it, hence Rev box. I am not positive on this, but I thouht it was the same thing...

GPracer2500
08-02-2006, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by redexrider
isn't the "rev box" the same thing as a CDI box?? I bought my CDI box which contains the rev limiter circuit in it, hence Rev box. I am not positive on this, but I thouht it was the same thing...

Yes, on a 400EX they are the same thing. The rev limit is a function of the CDI not a separate component. I'm not aware of any add-on boxes that change the way the CDI functions, only replacements for the whole CDI.