PDA

View Full Version : 2006 450R w/ HRC kit - Power numbers - mods?

Chris S.
08-01-2006, 02:23 PM
I would like to know what other mods some of you are doing to yours that aren't voiding the warranty and what numbers these machines are making. The reason I ask is a friend of mine has his mildly built banshee put on the dyno and it is just short of 65hp. When we race I am right there with him and if switch quads and race its the same result. I don't want to void my warranty but if there was something else to do to mine performance wise to the motor, I would like to. I switched back to the stock muffler because I felt that it made more power. Has anyone expierenced that? I do have a HMF slip on for it but all it did was made it louder and it seemed to make it hesitate in the midrange.

Scro
08-01-2006, 02:55 PM
Did you rejet the carb when you put the pipe on? If you didn't, that's why it felt slower. Remove the airbox lid, put the aftermarket pipe back on, and jet accordingly. The power difference should be alot.

jtjpilot
08-01-2006, 09:32 PM
I have 3 letters of advice for you: HRC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

d3ktrix
08-01-2006, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by jtjpilot
I have 3 letters of advice for you: HRC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He already has the HRC kit :P

GoldenGloves
08-02-2006, 03:04 AM
So your telling me you have a 06er with HRC kit, Stock Exhaust, Air Box Lid off, and your keeping up with a 65hp Banshee?!

Chris S.
08-02-2006, 05:51 AM
When we race down a sand straight about 300 yards, my quad will jump out front 3-4 quad lenghts all most immediately. When I shift to fourth he is right there with me and when I top out at 68mph(my top speed in the sand) he about one quad length in front of me and we are out of room. If we raced further it would be a little different. His top speed the way he is geared is about 74mph in the sand. We have a GPS we take out riding with us to check speeds. He has been real dissapointed by his quads performance and I have been pleased with our race results. All winter when he was building it, I heard alot of trash talking that he has barely backed up. Like most banshees, his is gutless down low and takes a second to get going, so his quad is always playing catch up. He has it geared low (74mph top speed) to help with that lack of low end. That is also why he spent the money having it dyno tested, to make sure that everything was right, the jetting was improved slightly so maybe next time at the dunes he will be alittle faster. But I think its a real compliment to a four stroke that makes under 50hp to be that competitive with a 2 stroke making between 60-65hp. Also the dyno results were inconsistent, he had results range from 58+ to 65h. But still he has more power.

Flodies400ex
08-03-2006, 09:45 AM
yea what I have is the full HRC kit with LRD pipe k&n and airbox lid off and the shop jeeted the bike so I dont no what the jetting is but it is a quick dang bike and if anybody wants to race I can beat and I can beat a 660 rapter with engine work done and a YFZ450 stock I can beat easy so if you plaining on working on the engine I would get a bigger and better carbrater and if you do anywork i would let the shop do it because if you dont no how to the engine work then I would let them do it because i did it and my bike kicks &ss