PDA

View Full Version : MIG welder

exrider23
08-01-2006, 02:12 PM
I am lloking for a flux core mig welder...(means no gas needed)....i dont need a huge one just one to do some work on my quad every now and then...i have a 400 ex motor that needs a rebuild, i would trade a welder for it...thanks

bsjoe
08-01-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by exrider23
I am lloking for a flux core mig welder...(means no gas needed)....i dont need a huge one just one to do some work on my quad every now and then...i have a 400 ex motor that needs a rebuild, i would trade a welder for it...thanks

Sorry to post because I dont have a MIG welder to sell, but with out MIG welder, it's a gas one, but it also takes flux core. I didnt know there were welders that only take flux core, but do the gas one, when we flux weld the welds come out pretty bad, when using the gas its a really nice weld most of the time :huh

exrider23
08-01-2006, 04:02 PM
i want the option of flux core...i didnt mean that i wanted a straight no gas needed welder...what i meant by puttin that in parenthases is i was telling people what flux core meant....

x.system
08-01-2006, 04:59 PM
I just sold one dirt cheap, ran on 110 and was flux core, you can pick them up pretty cheap at like harbor freight. They work alright on thinner steel if you clean the metal really good. I used it mainly for 1/8" thinwall tubbing and never had any problems with the welds.

Rafikie
08-02-2006, 04:37 AM
If your going to run a migger use the gas! the welds will look and hold better. You can get a nice little Hobart or Lincoln welder at Home Depot and most likely Lowes to if that's closer for ya.

noissesboyobyal
08-02-2006, 01:59 PM
if your looking to buy a welder, i would look on www.weldingdepot.com

i bought this welder http://store.weldingdepot.com/cgi/weldingdepot/WE6523.html
and it works great, it works on a regualr 110 volt and its flux/gas. right now im running flux because i couldnt aford the gas but i think my uncle might give me a bigger,better welder so if he does ill sell you mine. the gas makes the welds so much nicer and cleaner no joke. -jay