PDA

View Full Version : running hot

Got_Mort03
07-31-2006, 10:10 PM
i have a 400 with the 440 kit and it has been ported and polished with a stage 1 hot cam, and a full yoshi exhaust....after riding in the woods for a while it starts to get hot and burn oil and i dont know if the jetting is wrong and after so long it gets so hot that it starts to burn the oil, but i think that it has to be the jetting. i guess that my question is if that it was jetted properly it would run cooler and not burn oil, because it dosent burn oil all the time just when it gets hot. thanks for any advice.

Scro
07-31-2006, 10:23 PM
A lean condition will cause it to run hot. Have pulled the spark plug to see what it looked like?

firefighterjosh
07-31-2006, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by bama450r
A lean condition will cause it to run hot. Have pulled the spark plug to see what it looked like?

White Plug means it is Lean

You want the plug to be brownish/Tan Color

Got_Mort03
08-01-2006, 11:34 AM
nope the plug is black but i still dont understand why its running hot the jetting is not to far away from stock i had it jetted for the pipe but not the 440 or the port and polish job cause i had some other stuff i wanted to do to it before i got it jetted to where it needed to be.

Scro
08-01-2006, 11:41 AM
That's probably what your problem is. Anything you do to the motor will alter fuel/air mixture.

firefighterjosh
08-01-2006, 07:03 PM
It needs rejetted/the Needle might need adjusted also.