PDA

View Full Version : drag lt-r 450

hard one
07-31-2006, 07:09 PM
I started draging my lt-r and it did pretty good.
I am going down one tooth on the front by using a z-400 sprocket and i have sand stars but dont like them.
i could beat almost every thing till 4th gear then i started getting passed.

This kid on a pred 500 tried beating me by spinning his tires till the flagger said go . he would get stuck or almost flip it .

what sand tire are good for a lt-r 450.

ams aerospeed or gecko tires?

thanks! fuel injection rocks

Chris S.
07-31-2006, 07:36 PM
If you want a tire specifically for drag racing (straight line) you want something with straight paddles, like haulers. If you want a all around great paddle tire, you already have one of the best. I have sand stars and ams aerospeeds and they are very comparableto each other. I don't ever find traction the problem when I am drag racing someone with my sand stars. My front end stays light and my tires don't spin except when I first take off. What more can ask for? I one advantage I think I have over some guys I race against (especially banshees) is that I can keep my front end very light through all the gears eliminating alot drag.

hard one
07-31-2006, 07:45 PM
The only reason i dont like them is that they pull hard to one side or the other and they spin to much on take off, other than that they float well and do keep the front end light.
I was just testing them out i dont own any yet.

I now have it down to two tires the side winder or the sand star.
have you heard anything about the side winder.

thanks chris s.

#1speedbump
08-01-2006, 01:08 PM
You two are hilarious and full of crap.

V paddles for drag racing:eek2:

Chris S.
08-01-2006, 02:36 PM
Learn to read you moron. Since you can't, I said if your drag racing you will want something with straight paddles. Have someone who can read, read the threads to you so you don't waste time making a post just like you did. Also if you know anything about riding in the sand, that to much traction is not wanted especially if you have a stock length swingarm. You will end up fighting to keep the front end down. Not a good thing if you want to win. So for some guys that aren't extended and aren't specifically and only drag racing, v paddle design is just fine and not going to slow them down enough to matter.

#1speedbump, you may want to get Hooked on Phonics, its suppose to be a great learning tool for reading. Good Luck!

pharit
08-01-2006, 02:59 PM
hauler extreme's

rockman
08-01-2006, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Chris S.

#1speedbump, you may want to get Hooked on Phonics, its suppose to be a great learning tool for reading. Good Luck!

LOL!!!

Sandgod4
08-01-2006, 03:41 PM
You want at least a 21" tire. I'm not sure 22's will clear the baskets if you still have them on.. I like Gliders. I also run a Hauler/Glider mix, but they kick up a major roost.. People think I have waay to much motor for my set up w/ 8 paddle Gliders. Not the case.. It works extremely well and the Gliders let you launch hard w/ less front end lift and lets the motor rev out freely and not bog the motor down on topend... You also have less tendency to wheelie going up the monster dunes out west.. If you can't pull 5th gear like all the other gears on flat ground in the sand you're over paddled or over geared.. Try a .125 rim w/ a doubled buffed tire w/ aluminum rear sprocket and stiffen up the rear suspension..

#1speedbump
08-02-2006, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Chris S.
Learn to read you moron. Since you can't, I said if your drag racing you will want something with straight paddles. Have someone who can read, read the threads to you so you don't waste time making a post just like you did. Also if you know anything about riding in the sand, that to much traction is not wanted especially if you have a stock length swingarm. You will end up fighting to keep the front end down. Not a good thing if you want to win. So for some guys that aren't extended and aren't specifically and only drag racing, v paddle design is just fine and not going to slow them down enough to matter.

Wow, you recommend a product you have obviously no experience with.
You left out words and used words in the wrong context, check your posts again.

BTW, I do know a thing or two about riding in the sand, come on over to Florence and I'll happily line up with you and your v paddles. I may not be the fastest guy but I promise I'm faster than you and your HRC kit

I did read your post, a couple of times actually. You claim you dont loose speed with v paddles, well you definately arent gaining anything with them. They launch far worse than the any straight paddle,dont gain the "float" to help out on the top end either, plus they way a ton more. Remember rotational mass is not your friend.

If your not having a problewm with traction when running a v paddle you obviously dont have enough motor to line up with the fast quads.

Remember Chris he stated he was DRAG RACING, not overall dune riding. So before you call someone a moron you may want to have more of a clue than you do.

Attack my grammar and punctuation if you'd like, it doesnt bother me.

OH and BTW my sig a
has been incorrect for quite some time, I have a completely different set up than whats posted.

yfz666
08-02-2006, 05:41 PM
i run 7 paddle haulers and they work better than anything i have used.

hard one
08-02-2006, 06:56 PM
I just wanted to know if the paddles are any good not that you are a ***!

I live in a state with only two places to ride sand and i liked drag racing becuase i was board with mx.

I had a choice of v- paddles because i am also riding around anot just dragging a straight paddles cant turn for anything.

Calling me names real cool:huh

you couldnt touch me with your hrc honda i get 10 quad lenghts ahead by 3 rd gear.

Chris S.
08-02-2006, 07:27 PM
Hard One - One more thing I should share with you from my expierence. I have had two sets of sand stars and I have had problems with both leaking at the bead from sand getting jammed between rim and tire. I don't know if this is a isolated problem, my guess is maybe because I haven't heard of this happening to often. That is one reason I bought the aerospeeds, when I go to the dunes I ride with sand stars and if I get a leak I have the aerospeeds on a set of rims ready to go, and change them out. I ride with a few guys who have sand stars and one of them had the same problem, but only once. The aerospeeds have a stiffer sidewall and if I remember right they are a little heavier. I have had straight paddles and never had them leak at the sidewall. Last summer I switched to sand star front tires and they have been my favorite out of the 3 sets that I have owned. Where do you ride at?

#1speedbump
08-02-2006, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by hard one
I just wanted to know if the paddles are any good not that you are a ***!

I live in a state with only two places to ride sand and i liked drag racing becuase i was board with mx.

I had a choice of v- paddles because i am also riding around anot just dragging a straight paddles cant turn for anything.

Calling me names real cool:huh

you couldnt touch me with your hrc honda i get 10 quad lenghts ahead by 3 rd gear.

Hard one, first off I was referring to Chris S and his remarks to me. Never called you any names. As for the tire question, you asked what is a good tire, neither of the ones you listed IMO. Sand Skate 2's are better than either of those IMO.
You got bored with MX, yet cant get a straight paddle to turn:uhoh: Its called body english and very little is required.

As for beating my quad, not a chance let alone 10 lengths.
Just a FYI. I run a 480 14:1 on meth, RW intake, Rw cam , Dasa porting, and a web 208. I think you need to bring a bigger knife to the gun fight.

In all kindness I was just being a smartass, not attacking either of you.

hard one
08-03-2006, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the info,
My freind told me he hand one set of sand stars leak also.

06 ltr 450 =white bros pro mx exhaust alum,cherry bomb,white pros power filter. 53 hp!
missouri
Moore like a rocket than a knife:D

mattonln
08-07-2006, 01:05 AM
lol, oh you folks are soo darn funny! First of all, if you are actually going to be only drag racing, you need to look into a set of 22x11x8 tires. More sidewall = more flex = more hook up. You need to look into a set of haulers - best drag tire on the planet, ask any dragger. I would suggest. for your application, 8 paddle extremes. If you start to do more motor work, you may want to look into a set of 10 paddle tripple buffs or super lites on blue label wheels. I personally race one of On-Dunes.com 4 mil stroker banshee's on 13 paddle extreme super lites. if you get into serious horsepower, aka - over 100 hp, you may want to look into a set of taller haulers or even rippers. v-paddles are worthless. straight paddles turn just as easy, hook up way better and are technically lighter. take it from an experienced drag racer. I race on a team with two 4 mil banshees, two 12 mil banshees and a DS 730 that runs 4.2's... haulers are the only way to go. ;)

firefighterjosh
08-07-2006, 02:26 AM
I have 8 Strait paddle Haulers. 22s on the banshee. Hook up great! A little hard to turn at speed, but for drag racing they are awesome in the damp sand.

250r4life
08-08-2006, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by hard one
The only reason i dont like them is that they pull hard to one side or the other and they spin to much on take off, other than that they float well and do keep the front end light.
I was just testing them out i dont own any yet.

I now have it down to two tires the side winder or the sand star.
have you heard anything about the side winder.

thanks chris s.

they pull hard huh? sounds to me like you have different pressure in each of the tires... try evening the psi out and im sure you'll be just fine...