PDA

View Full Version : Byron, Nuke series

dirtriderex
07-31-2006, 07:03 PM
I race XC but am trying out a nuke series race this sunday. How are the turn outs in b-class? I have stock size tires, axle and a-arms. Will I do fine or am I at a major disadvantage?

orca0294
08-01-2006, 10:29 PM
You will proboly have around 5 people in your class but of course like every where you will find people with full race MX quads axles, shocks, a-arms, motorwork, and everything. You still have a good shot with a stock bike in a local b class. There is a guy that shows up at practice just about everytime I've been there that runs B class and +25 class and I have a completely stock yfz450, he has a 450r with cams long travel front and rear elkas, and I am in front of him most of the time if not right there with him. Good luck at the nuke and hopefully they groomed the damn track good for a change.

tazman7
08-06-2006, 08:57 PM
Yeah that place is a ****hole- check out Mendota if you want to race at a nice track that is organized-

Byron concentrates on the Legacy track, not the hilltop and it shows.

I used to race at Byron every Sunday until they pissed me off with their horrible track maintenance. It goes from one extreme two the other- either too wet or way to dusty

300ex mxracer
08-07-2006, 12:34 PM
ya they concentrate to much on the legacy track and not enough on the hilltop track. the track is a b*tch when it gets soaked too much. its like riding on ice.

mac75
08-10-2006, 04:27 PM
dirtrider how did you do sunday

dirtriderex
08-12-2006, 02:34 PM
I didn't hear too much on here so I figured it was not worth my time and money.

300ex mxracer
08-12-2006, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by tazman7
Yeah that place is a ****hole- check out Mendota if you want to race at a nice track that is organized-

Byron concentrates on the Legacy track, not the hilltop and it shows.

I used to race at Byron every Sunday until they pissed me off with their horrible track maintenance. It goes from one extreme two the other- either too wet or way to dusty

i keep hearing about mendota. do they have a website so i can check it out? do they have a 13-15 300cc youth production class?? this would be close to me, maybe 45 minutes.