PDA

View Full Version : 2004 YFZ450 Full MX

liszewsk_88
07-31-2006, 05:41 PM
I really hate to do this but it's time to sell the yfz. I'm not sellin it because I didn't like it but because I need the money for college. I've spent a lot of hours getting it setup and making it ready to race and I'm kinda of getting out of racing but I still love riding.

I started off with winter rebuild (winter 05-06) and went through everything. Everything got pc'd. The motor was completely reworked. All new internals. The motor now rips! It's got more power that I ever dreamed. It has maybe 30 hours since march. The oil gets changed every other race plus some. Asmoil synthetic is the oil that's been put in. The complete list is below I don't think I forgot anything. I'm askin $9000 obo. I've put in right at $15000 not including man hours, I will not part out so please do not ask. Will trade for any 450, hybrids or dirtbikes.

Motor
VR Port with +1 Ti Ex Valves and 3-angle valve job
VR 13.5:1 piston
YZ Conversion, includes crank, flywheel, all electrical parts (Magnolia/Walsh special)
06 Cylinder
GYTR Kick start only no electric start
Gen1 Intake cam still have stock intake
Cammod
YZ 9 Plate Clutch (YZ steel, fiber, and springs)
Oil Mod
MX Revolution SS Oil Filter
Thunder Alley Full Exhuast
41 FCR MX Carb
Fuel Customs Intake

Chassis
Bare Performance Gusset w/ extra gussets for steering stem
Hermann 6pt Subframe
DG Propegs
JRD Bumper

Front Suspension
Houser +2.5 LT A-arms
Elka Quadrate Adj Comp, Rebound, Ride Height
Elka Covers

Rear Suspension
Walsh Std length Savior Swingarm pc Candy Blue
Walsh Round House Carrier
GTT Revalve
GTT MX Linkage
RPM +4+2 Axle
Drilled Rear Rotor

Wheels
Douglas Yellow Front Yam Pattern 4+1, with Kenda Klaws
Douglas Beadlock Read Yam Pattern with Holeshot MXR4

Misc
Renthal Front & Rear Sprockets
DID X-Ring Chain
GYTR Body Skid Plate
GYTR Billet Shift Lever
ProDesign Kill Switch
400ex Throttle
Cycra Stealth Handguards
Red Spider Grips
FX Bar Pad

If you have any questions feel free to pm or e-mail me at liszewski_88@hotmail.com

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b35/liszewski_88/IMG_2239.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b35/liszewski_88/IMG_2238.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b35/liszewski_88/IMG_2237.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b35/liszewski_88/IMG_1380.jpg

400ex87
08-01-2006, 01:21 PM
trade for ktm 520 hybrid?

liszewsk_88
08-01-2006, 05:36 PM
I would consider it definately. What's all done to it? Do you have any pics?

400ex87
08-01-2006, 06:16 PM
leager 250r frame modified to take in the ktm motor
pep zps suspension all way around
burgard a-arms
laeger cr500 link swingarm
high compression piston in 2002 520sx motor
hot cam setup
fcr39mm carb(cr style)
power now system
kenda knarly mx in rear with beadlocks
mx holeshots up front on t9 baja rims
new plastic last year
many more modsss..it cost me almost 5 grand alone to pay for motor/carb/electronics and make it work right in the frame.
all framework done by professional tig welded cost over $1200

400ex87
08-01-2006, 06:22 PM
link..

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=245970

liszewsk_88
08-02-2006, 07:47 PM
What weight and class are the pep's set up for? I"m serious about considering it. Would you be willing to put in some money if we traded? The main isssue is distance, would you be willing to meet half way?

400ex87
08-03-2006, 11:47 AM
the zps's are setup for an A class rider that weighs 190 dressed. I bought the laegers 250r from pro- am aaron reisig before then converted it to the ktm setup. and meeting would be no trouble. we could probobly meet in ohio.

liszewsk_88
08-04-2006, 01:07 PM
Would you put in some money if we traded? You said you would sell it for like 5500, if you put in like 2800 I'd be down with trading and could meet you next week.

400ex87
08-04-2006, 01:27 PM
hmm..i would have to think about it. i am already pretty much giving my quad away since i mean if u figure that chassis and other components cost soo much. i figure it took almost 20,000 if u figured out everything at cost. the tc exhaust cost me $750 b/c it was built in toms shop

400ex87
08-04-2006, 02:15 PM
im was thinkin like my quad plus 500?

liszewsk_88
08-04-2006, 02:24 PM
Alright let me think about it. Meet in the middle and say 1000? I know this is a stupid question but it runs right? I do want this hybrid, I think it would be a sweet bike to have. I'm in atlanta right now and I'll get home on Mon. If it works out I could meet you as early as tues or weds.

400ex87
08-04-2006, 02:40 PM
haha..yes it runs well. i am gunna check over everything and all before i sell/trade it and if anything was wrong it would be replaced. If i were you though and we did do this trade then i would say i would do a different air intake setup. I have tried multiple setups with this machine and have come to the conclusion that it would be best to have an airbox fabricated so that it was a good fight and looked clean. But i mean..could you do my quad plus 750? i dident mention that it has a pep steering stabilizer comes with 2 sets of front and back tires and rims extra plastic set(the old one).

liszewsk_88
08-04-2006, 03:01 PM
Does the intake work good? I'm not too concerned with looks as long as it works like it should. I'm not big on mud or water so no airbox is fine with me as long as it can hold up to mx. Is the stabilizer rebuildable? What kind of tire/rim combo are the spare ones? The old plastic still red or different color also? The one thing I would do with mine would be to get a differnt exhaust. The thunder alley is getting old and it vibrates the hanger bolt loose on occasion. I think that's about it I have a extra set of bars, the airbox and the stock intake cam. With the extra sets of tires and plastic I could do 750.

400ex87
08-04-2006, 07:35 PM
yes it works okay, its jus that the only way u can get the airbox to stay up there is with zip ties. the airbox is trimmed and uses both a 250r boot and ltr500 boot. works well, but a brushed aluminum airbox would look trick. the plastic is also red, and the back up rims are t9s up front and rear no beadlock. all my fronts are holeshot mx's and the rear sets are kenda knarly mx's and a brand new set of turf tamers. the stabilizer is rebuildable. no shortcuts were takin on this quad.

liszewsk_88
08-05-2006, 09:42 AM
Alright I get home on monday, could meet you next week sometime. I go to college in a week and a half (16th) so if you want to do this we'll have to do it kinda quick. LMK

400ex87
08-05-2006, 11:59 AM
alright man, sounds good. i jus have to get some money organized and see what day i am gunna have off b/c i am starting a new job on tuesday. so it will be before the 16th. i am gunna go over my quad and anything that i dont like i am gunna replace. little things such as handlebar grips or such. i will change the oil for you too. its only been ran through once during a practice session at mapleshade mx. thats the only time it had been ridin. and im gunna say u will prlly have to do some tuning b/c i never got it perfectly dialed in. it is dialed well, but may be running a bit richer tha it could be. i think u can get it leaner and still have it safe. but that will be up to you.i forgot to mention that it also has a brand new well..ridden that one time, C&R radiator. this bike really has alot into it, and i hate to get rid of the project i built, but i want to have a production bike.

liszewsk_88
08-08-2006, 09:27 PM
Let me know when your ready and we'll do it.

400ex87
08-09-2006, 07:34 AM
hey man..im real sorry, but unfortunetly my car sh*t the bed and now i have to sell my quad to use the money for a new motor. i really wanted to pic yours up its just that its not possible now, there is no way. my transpertation comes first. sorry man, if there was any way, i would do it.