PDA

View Full Version : nacs vented number plate???

400exBro
08-22-2002, 10:29 AM
does anyone use a nacs rear(grab bar) vented number plate???

is it fraily easy to mount, it is cheap, 5 $ i think, do i need any specail hard ware ???
i need a set of # number plates and just thought about the rear grab that i need a nuber plate so i was wondering how the nacs plate holds up to the abuse of mx ??

thanks
Bro

Atomic83
08-22-2002, 11:17 AM
I have one, I don't use it though cause I needed a black one and they just sell them in white, so I made my own out of some black plastic and drilled holes in it. You'll have to zip-tie it on or something, thats what I did with my home made one and it's held up for 4 races so far without a problem.

flaneledholes
08-22-2002, 11:37 AM
Definatley get it, for the price, you cant beat it, I hit 30-35 foot doubles and I have hjad no problems... I also have it installed where the saet attaches to those holes that are rubber and I have thebrake light removed so it is more visible and I have them installed with zip-ties.. The reason for me installing it here is because I like to ride wheelies alot and I didnt think It would clear if it were directly on the grab-bar and to say the least, I have plenty of room from the ground wen I overshoot a wheelie...