PDA

View Full Version : itp t-9 vs douglas red labels

roundsy
07-31-2006, 08:02 AM
im going to be doing a bit of mx and the tracks are sand and and soft dirt so i thought i wouldnt need the strongest rims on the market like hypers so between these just wondering which would be better (they are the same price)

thanks

exrider008
07-31-2006, 08:09 AM
i wouldnt get those for mx!! i have the t-9 .190 and my friend has the red lablend and we both got then not even 6 months ago and one of mine is bent and they the both chewed up really bad. his arent as bad but they r still pritty bad. but i will say that my fronts r holding up fine but i would still spend the extra money and get some beadlocks.

amonomous
07-31-2006, 08:22 AM
atleast get the douglas rolled lip
if u want a good cheap set up u could get burgard beadlocks in the rear and the douglas rolled lip in the front

hill43
07-31-2006, 09:21 AM
you should not use standard rims for mx at all ITP or Douglas you should look into a Rolled edge rim or like a ITP baja rim.

roundsy
07-31-2006, 09:59 AM
yea i was originally thinking bajas all around with +2 a arms and an extended axle but then i found out im going to be too busy to justify that much money when im gonna be able to ride a track once or twice a month if im lucky, i also do a lot of trail riding and switching all that stuff over between tracks and trails would be too much of a chore, also the jumps arent huge and it is sand...

thanks for al lthe help so far