PDA

View Full Version : ???????

Yfz450dan
07-30-2006, 07:41 PM
hey pappy,on saturday u said something about gusseting my frame. when u do that, what do u actually do?Also how much is it?Also if im going to take it all apart im also going to get it powdercoated too. $$$$??? so just seeing how much i need to save up for.;) and one last thing,what color frame do u think would look good with my yfz????
thanks dan

Pappy
07-30-2006, 10:33 PM
When you gusset your frame, you are adding strength to areas that are prone to cracking and or breaking. The factories have either overlooked areas, or failed to recognize areas that extreme stresses will break over time. I have seen frames crack within a few good practice sessions at the track, while others seem to be holding up fine even after extended poundings.

Most of the known stress areas are addressed by the gusset kits on the market, some kits even include too many gussets depending on what type and level of riding the frame will be subjected to.

The typical gusset job including gusset kit runs around $150

As far as the colors, thats all on you bud:p i will tell you if something will look like crap, but it is your quad, its your decision. As far as the $$, I would be happy to work with you so dont sweat it, you will be well taken care of.

Yfz450dan
07-31-2006, 06:14 AM
cool,thanks, so when it comes to that time of the year(winter)i will let u know what i am going to do!!!;)

thanks dan