PDA

View Full Version : homeschooling

WILSONatv
07-30-2006, 07:33 PM
ive got a problem
my sisters starting homeschooling today and now my mom wants me to homeschool but i dont want to
because i only get 1 more year with my girlfriend
but if i get in trouble i get homeschooled sooner
how do i convincemy mom that i dont want to be home schooled:confused: :confused: :ermm: :ermm:

procircuit406ex
07-30-2006, 07:34 PM
dont get in trouble:D

WILSONatv
07-30-2006, 07:43 PM
thats to hard last year i got over 20 referls

sakirocket28
07-30-2006, 09:34 PM
hey, i was homeschooled till 7th grade, and let me tell you..if i were in your shoes, i would do everything to lay low and not get in trouble...you really miss out on stuff in homeschooling. some people will tell you its better teaching, but in reality you really miss out on good times in public school and social things.

WILSONatv
07-30-2006, 09:47 PM
well i only have 1 more year untill im homeschooled:( :( :( :( :( :(

440racer66
07-30-2006, 10:03 PM
dude i would kill my parents if i had to be homeschooled

xtullyx16
07-30-2006, 11:30 PM
IM glad my parents didnt go to college and sucked in highschool but got good jobs lol idt they have the education to teach me luckily!

Vindex Injuriae
07-31-2006, 01:14 AM
Man, I was homeschooled from 4th to grad - and loved it! Graduated when I was 16, had tons of free time, a job, went to college and got a head start on all my friends. I wouldn't have traded it for any proms, social whatevers or any of that stuff - but thats me - I'd rather be productive, making money, get my toys and enjoy life as opposed to being stuck in school, working crap jobs in the summer and living at home until I could afford to move. But, if its so important to you to stay in a public school, you gotta figure out how to stay outta trouble. That should be pretty clear.... Just my 2c <

GPracer2500
07-31-2006, 03:26 AM
No offense to anyone who has been homeschooled, but I've never met a person that was homeschooled that struck me as being especially well adjusted. Now granted, my sample size is the whopping number of 6, but they've all been a little "weird". Brite and well educated? Yes. Normal? No. Again, please to take offense. I'm sure there are plenty of homeschooled folks that I would not consider "weird". It just seems a disproportionate number are.

WILSONatv, if you don't have the self-control to stay out of trouble than homeschooling might be better for you. Sounds like you're not mature enough to be without constant "babysitting" by someone who cares about you.

Mxjunkie
07-31-2006, 04:24 AM
I'm homeschooled and love it, I go to a school for 2 hours a week and get packets of work to do for the week. I still see all of my friends and everything..

07-31-2006, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
I'm homeschooled and love it, I go to a school for 2 hours a week and get packets of work to do for the week. I still see all of my friends and everything..
Thats the same thing I do:D

440racer66
07-31-2006, 12:11 PM
I WOULD DIE i gotta get away from them for a lil while

Crazy Diamond
07-31-2006, 02:33 PM
I'll have to agree with GPracer2500. I have a guy at work whp now has his 2 sons and 2 daughters. Ages ranging from 18-25. The 4 of them were homeschooled. Brains-Yes. Super Smart. But Brainwashed. They can't think for themselves. One could be a cartoonist. Draws that Japanese Animated like he was born doing it. Will he do anything with it? NO. Another could be a comupter programmer or anything designing them. Will he? NO. The girls? Well, they are afraid of their own shadows but still super smart. All of them are weird! They all could be doing something with themselves but because DAD works in a factory THEY have to work in a factory! Very Strange People. I also have met 2 other non related people who are the same way. Very strange, very shy, have no street smarts, afraid of there own shadow and will probably end up nowhere in life. Just what I've learned from seeing them at work. Oh yeah, and none of the 6 have ever been on a date. Strange, very strange!!!

400exstud
07-31-2006, 04:04 PM
I hate to group everyone into one boat; but from the people that I have worked with (who were home schooled) had NO people skills and were very dependent on others to help them out.

This is only from my personal experience.

Phills450r
07-31-2006, 04:08 PM
i was taken out of highschool after my sophmore year and graduated this summer june 27th when i turned 17 and will be in Computer/Electronics class in college for 2 years and ill have a decent job before I turn 19.. when i was homeschooled it didn't stop me from hanging out with friends because they all could drive.. its alot quicker

400eXr1d3rZ
07-31-2006, 04:11 PM
When you get homeschooled, are you actully at home with a teacher or something?

How does it work, i've allways wondered.

07-31-2006, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ
When you get homeschooled, are you actully at home with a teacher or something?

How does it work, i've allways wondered.
The home school I go to is where you go to a class room for 3 hours a day and four days a week they give you work to do at home.:ermm:
Their are different programs you can do. Thats just how I do it.
So I don't really do home school but it's considered home school.
I think of it like that, go to school from 9-12 Monday-thursday every week:p I love it. 3 hours a day four days a week

WILSONatv
07-31-2006, 04:30 PM
no u have work books that you do for every subject

400eXr1d3rZ
07-31-2006, 04:31 PM
Doh, I want homeschooling. Ill take your spot.:devil:

07-31-2006, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ
Doh, I want homeschooling. Ill take your spot.:devil:
Where do you live at?

Vindex Injuriae
07-31-2006, 10:23 PM
Repressed social skills are not a necessarily a result of homeschooling! That's a baseless and simple argument without much merit - Sure, you may have seen it in the one or two people you have come in contact with who homeschool, but how many kids do you know in your school that are weird, different, outsiders or socially inept? I have a brother, sister and two cousins that all homeschooled with me and all are fully functioning members of society with good jobs and families. 3 of them are married with good stable relationships - my brother and cousin are both police officers - I am a Sgt in the Air Force - my sister is a restaurant manager, she graduated with a bachelor's degree when she was 19 - the other cousin recently left her job to be home with their new baby. We have all been to college or are in college now. We've all been active socially, traveled the world in work and play and enjoyed the time and freedom homeschooling allowed. I know this is not the case with every homeschooler, a lot is dependent on the parents and the effort of both the kids and parents alike. It requires a lot more of both sides, the kids have to be motivated and the parents have to be willing to devote time and attention to something normally left to teachers. It does work if you are willing to make the efforts and the payoff has been great for me, I wouldn't change the experiences I have had for anything.