PDA

View Full Version : kids dinli??belt burner!!

KEVIN132
07-30-2006, 06:30 PM
mykids dinli has been driving me nuts!!!
i have a team simms ported jug and hc piston
wrh clutch setup 5g rollers
1500 rpm spring
milossi belt

the bike rips!!!!
but at mx207 in maine. he did like (4 )15 minute motos hard practice. the chain comes off ,no biggie my fault it was loose.
he goes back out next sesion and the bike is running not moving!
i said tranny, but at home took cover off ,belt was gonzo???
at jolly rogers next race he was in third 2nd on holeshot! 2 laps in new belt fries!! (w/2000 rpm main spring!) so i say screw it go safe put stock spring not sure of rpm rating ,but very week.gets 4th on holeshot,not bad for stock spring. 2 laps in chain breaks!!!
start bike up in driveway with chain off ,sprokets not moving bikes running fine? move sprocket a bit and now it turns fine then binds up and you can hear clutch start to bind up??
today i rip it apart belts fine??? take motor out ,tranny out gears are stripped in spots. could this have been my problem ,with the belts frying/? i did do the hetrick trick drilling pads on billys lightened pads,could this be a mistake also?? bike hauls *** when not burning the belts!
at 207 he was flyin but not letting off gas in air ,i told him but i think this is what caused the problem! i just think the gears have been getting worse and now im gonna get simms gears!!:macho

KEVIN132
07-30-2006, 06:32 PM
just looking for ideas on what else to look for!!! help a brother out!!:confused:
thanks

ss440ex
07-30-2006, 09:06 PM
Heat build up???
These systems need to be mantained offten.
Remove all belt dust,fresh rollers and belts.
Holding the brakes and reving the engine doing holeshot starts are hard on them.
Just a few ideas.
Hope this helps.

dodgepower
07-31-2006, 03:15 AM
Hey we have a Dinli that started out as a Team Sims. We picked it up brand new and first lap of testing it popped the gears in the tranny. Replaced them and told son to get off the gas till he hits. Havent had a problem since except one belt fried but has been fine since it did that..........Get the gears and should be good to go.

BradLoomis
07-31-2006, 10:56 AM
Make sure there are no flat spots in the rollers. If there is any type of flat spot, it will hold the sheeve in that position and not allow it to move and will burn up the belt. It will work the same way as if you were trying to drive your car around in third gear only it won't burn up your clutch, just your belt.

Rollers are cheap and should be replaced at any sign of wear.

The broken gears are usually a sign of not letting off of the gas while in the air. Make sure and check the tranny cacing underneath the output shafts needle bearing. It will usually crack there and even after you put it all back together it will break again.

A heavy rear drive spring won't usually cause anymore excessive wear than a light spring. It will usually just rob you of a little top end speed.

A totally sealed side cover in hot weather will definately take its toll on belts and rollers though.

KEVIN132
07-31-2006, 06:35 PM
just ordered the simms hd gear set and backup stockers!!
:D
how often are you guys replacing rollers/??
i have 5g in now im thinking 5.5 g when i get new gears in cause there brand new! but 5g are just 2 races old??

i cant wait till he moves up to my kids 300ex!!

should i wash rollers if they are dirty lookin????

what about the new hetrick rollers that are funny shaped???
:rolleyes:

lil rippers dad
07-31-2006, 07:53 PM
you need to pump some air over from the other side case to help on the heat build up

QuadJunkies
08-01-2006, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by BradLoomis
Make sure there are no flat spots in the rollers. If there is any type of flat spot, it will hold the sheeve in that position and not allow it to move and will burn up the belt. It will work the same way as if you were trying to drive your car around in third gear only it won't burn up your clutch, just your belt.

Rollers are cheap and should be replaced at any sign of wear.

The broken gears are usually a sign of not letting off of the gas while in the air. Make sure and check the tranny cacing underneath the output shafts needle bearing. It will usually crack there and even after you put it all back together it will break again.

A heavy rear drive spring won't usually cause anymore excessive wear than a light spring. It will usually just rob you of a little top end speed.

A totally sealed side cover in hot weather will definately take its toll on belts and rollers though.

Pretty much summed it up

LT80
08-01-2006, 07:25 AM
IMO:: you indeed have excessive heat.
This is from the lightened rear clutch shoes. There is not enough weight to make them contact the drum and actualy bite.
This "was" a problem for me for a long time.

The great Jon Anderson wrote a thread on this a year or so ago. I thought long and hard about it. Heavy weights with heavy shoe springs are better.

My expieriences were: leaving the garage and 1 burn up the road and the rear drum was red hot. Now I can do pass after pass down the road and come back and put my hand on the drum.

Hope that may help. :)

KEVIN132
08-01-2006, 03:16 PM
yeah im gonna go to the 5.5g and i oredered a new pad set not drilled out!!! my mistake you must fall first then get up they say??
im gonna make the pipe system to run air from fan through starter hole help this helps!!

markvette
08-01-2006, 03:51 PM
if you bought a light clutch from billy holt and then drilled it to lighten it you screwed up big time. billy's clutchs weigh way less than a stock drilled clutch. we weighed them this weekend and there is a big difference. the clutch is to light now and slipping. better call billy and get a new clutch and put it on the way it comes from him.

Mark

KEVIN132
08-01-2006, 06:39 PM
yeah i know!!!! i talked to billy and i told him what i did !!:rolleyes: his clutch is alot lighter! i just have been learning alot real quick and SCREWED UP BIGGGGGG! I HAVE A NEW ONE ON THE WAY:D .
the prob was my kids bike had no power up hills etc, its the same as my predator 90 i have also! come to find out the piston and rings were gonzo,so i bought the hc head ported and all and my god what a DIFFFFFF!!!!:macho . im just gonna put a stock piston and rings in the predator. so i drilled the shoes prior to knowing piston stuff!
he got 2nd on holeshot until bike went south,his bike is all stock suspension and stuff ,so its kinda a sleeper other than the basic hopups.:devil:
thanks everyone for helping,i love the kids bikes and loved seeing my kids face when he got back from being towed !
"dad did you see my holeshot" it was PRICELESS!!
THANKS TEAM SIMMS AND WRH RACING!!!
AND NEATV GUYS WHO HAVE HELPED!!