PDA

View Full Version : Sun burn cures?

Mxjunkie
07-30-2006, 06:10 PM
I need some besides aloe, I went to wildwood NJ today and I am burnt to a crisp! we're talking dark red and I can barley move.. I had spf30 on but I'm on acutane so I get burnt either way..

what do you guy's do?

spent21
07-30-2006, 06:19 PM
start with vodka. move on to crown, then wild turkey.
i feel your pain. less than a month ago, i was in the same shape from a canoe trip. take long baths, pain killers if you have them, if not ibuprofen. banana boat has some aloe lotion that helps. i bathed in that stuff. otherwise, you're just in for 3-4 days of agony. stupid hurts. i know. i'm a dumbass.

97blaster200
07-30-2006, 06:29 PM
drink about 5-8 beers...you wont feel a thing...hahahaahaha

stalefish_132
07-30-2006, 06:33 PM
this stuff works well, basicly any kind of medicated sunburn stuff works well.

http://pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/26539/200.jpg

TWISTED
07-30-2006, 06:35 PM
This might sound crazy, but works. Take a banana peel and wipe the inside of the peel on the burnt area. Believe me, it works!!!

JRP
07-30-2006, 06:36 PM
dude josh i was exactly like that when i got back the the Outter Banks in NC about 4weeks ago. I was so bad that i got blisters on my skin where i was burnt the most. Jus expect bad pain not matter what u do for about 2days. Then u will peel like a *****. haha

trx400exxracer
07-30-2006, 06:56 PM
:cool: :cool:

DieselBoy
07-30-2006, 08:29 PM
Try After sun if you're by a store tomorrow, it's pretty darn effective stuff.

Quad18star
07-30-2006, 08:49 PM
Try some Calamine lotion .... it usually helps to sooth the pain .

I'm pretty sure that's how it's spelt ... maybe Calomine .... but however it's spelt , it's the pink stuff in a bottle . Works great for me .

Also Josh , buy some SPF 50 .... works great .

DieselBoy
07-30-2006, 08:50 PM
Okay, i can't verify this and i'm not totally sure it's true but some people at work are saying sunblock lotion is actually really bad for you because the sun bakes it into your skin, could this be true?

Quad18star
07-30-2006, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by DieselBoy
Okay, i can't verify this and i'm not totally sure it's true but some people at work are saying sunblock lotion is actually really bad for you because the sun bakes it into your skin, could this be true?

I wouldn't think so .

I could see it being very possible with Sun Tanning lotion though .... you know the oil stuff that you put on if you WANT a tan or a burn .

I was down in Wasaga Beach this past weekend and it was pretty hot and sunny out . I was using SPF 50 and didn't even get a tan . I kind of wish I hadn't put any on so that I could get rid of my farmer's tan . :macho

07-30-2006, 08:59 PM
jump in a pool and stay there all day

Toadz400
07-30-2006, 09:22 PM
Noxema, I believe that's what it's called. It's in a little blue tub, it's a white almost solid cream that feels awesome for sunburn. Cools it immediately and it lasts for awhile, try it out.

redlineranger
07-30-2006, 09:26 PM
my friend has a big bottle of stuff called blue ice...... ive never heard it or seen it b4 but apparently its new and they say it works. i had a light burn a couple weeks ago and i put some on and it deffinately felt like ice lol.... but really all i do is suck it up and take hot showers ya know. it'll burn, but you get used to it and dont think about it anymore. just take hot showers and friggin rub as much lotion in as you can.

JRP
07-30-2006, 09:26 PM
also josh, i know ur not gonna like this, but.... i went and played golf after and i had the sun beating on my skin all day along with my shirt rubbing on me, and it killed, but actually after a few swings with the golf club it loosened up and it didnt hurt any more. So maybe try to stretch some even though its gonna kill, it will help

JRP
07-30-2006, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by redlineranger
my friend has a big bottle of stuff called blue ice...... ive never heard it or seen it b4 but apparently its new and they say it works. i had a light burn a couple weeks ago and i put some on and it deffinately felt like ice lol.... but really all i do is suck it up and take hot showers ya know. it'll burn, but you get used to it and dont think about it anymore. just take hot showers and friggin rub as much lotion in as you can.

fuggin hate that ****. extremelt sun burnt + blue ice = extreme shivering/ feels like hypothermia. lmao:p

redlineranger
07-30-2006, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by JRP
fuggin hate that ****. extremelt sun burnt + blue ice = extreme shivering/ feels like hypothermia. lmao:p

yea lmao, it does. but it solves the burning sensation:devil:

440racer66
07-30-2006, 09:34 PM
hair condidioner sp

shftmx300ex
07-30-2006, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
I need some besides aloe, I went to wildwood NJ today and I am burnt to a crisp! we're talking dark red and I can barley move.. I had spf30 on but I'm on acutane so I get burnt either way..

what do you guy's do?

dude same thing happened to me! i was in Wildwood a couple weeks ago, i had 30 on too and i got burnt bad, all i used was aloe it didnt really work, my skin is still pealing though.

popo
07-31-2006, 06:12 AM
WD-40 & Duct Tape. Hell it fixes everything else why not sun burn.

ShiftFMX
07-31-2006, 06:37 AM
Dont lie, you went to dewme beach! :blah: