PDA

View Full Version : who here lives around pittsburgh?

outacontrol
07-30-2006, 05:50 PM
hey guys, just curious who on here lives around pittsburgh. since some of my quad riding buddies are down with numerous injuries, i got no one to hit the tracks with. Just curious where you guys head to? this new hybrid i got is sitting in the garage collecting dust.:(

MOFO
07-30-2006, 05:53 PM
Yo! :D

I currently live fairly close to the city so I load my quad up and head to where I grew up riding - Butler area.

outacontrol
07-30-2006, 06:08 PM
i actually live in greensburg, but there are no tracks around that i can practice on, so that leads me to breezewood. Problem is i cant go to these tracks alone in case something happens!

MX MaNiAc 06
07-30-2006, 06:10 PM
I do.

Im about 20 minutes north of butler.

07-30-2006, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by outacontrol
i actually live in greensburg, but there are no tracks around that i can practice on, so that leads me to breezewood. Problem is i cant go to these tracks alone in case something happens!

talk to pappy hes up there alot. im going to be there on the labor day weekend. I ride a dirtbike though sorry. If you just make your way up there on a sat or sun there will be more than a hand full of guys/gals willing to talk and ride with you.

JOEX
07-30-2006, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
Yo! :D

I currently live fairly close to the city so I load my quad up and head to where I grew up riding - Butler area.
How far are you from Munhall? That's where my dad and his side of the family live.

MX MaNiAc 06
07-30-2006, 06:25 PM

Im only 2 hours from u. But ive seen pics of u riding at breezewood n by the look of ur quad n the stuff u hit i wouldnt be able to hang with u. :devil:

MOFO
07-30-2006, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
How far are you from Munhall? That's where my dad and his side of the family live.

Without traffic... maybe 15-20 minutes. I'm in Greentree if you know where that is.

outacontrol
07-30-2006, 06:34 PM
I wouldnt go that far, lets just say my quad is a lot more capable than i am! haha
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
Im only 2 hours from u. But ive seen pics of u riding at breezewood n by the look of ur quad n the stuff u hit i wouldnt be able to hang with u. :devil:

JOEX
07-30-2006, 06:42 PM
Without traffic... maybe 15-20 minutes. I'm in Greentree if you know where that is.
I'm very not familar with the area, only been back once and that was in '90 or '91 I think. I do remember the water park there:devil:

Jblazin98
07-30-2006, 09:03 PM
I live in Derry which is very close to greensburg...I grew up in Jeannette so i know where your coming from about no one or where to ride...There are alot of places up here in Derry but most are trails with not alot of man made jumps...We \\ ride at like adamsburg, bovards and other places let me know if your interested...

PolarisRider
07-30-2006, 09:06 PM
yea man! im 2 hours north i was just down there today!

outacontrol
07-31-2006, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by Jblazin98
I live in Derry which is very close to greensburg...I grew up in Jeannette so i know where your coming from about no one or where to ride...There are alot of places up here in Derry but most are trails with not alot of man made jumps...We \\ ride at like adamsburg, bovards and other places let me know if your interested...
the problem with the trail riding is, i have a laeger hybrid that sits way too low for hitting the trails. If i had something else id love to hit some trails.

wishmasstir
08-01-2006, 02:27 PM
the problem with the trail riding is, i have a laeger hybrid that sits way too low for hitting the trails. If i had something else id love to hit some trails.

do you want to borrow the race ready 1987 suzuki quadrunner 230 to hit some trails. it has holeshots up front and buckshot mudders in the rear which means it has to put out somewhere around 50 horse to the wheels............

trick250r
08-01-2006, 03:00 PM
i live in WV... im about an hour south of pittsburgh. in fact i was there the past two nights for a drum corps show and to go to kennywood

LTandRaptorider
08-01-2006, 03:57 PM

I was at adamsburg last about a year ago. They had No Trespassing signs all over the place. I heard it got shut down because someone got hurt. Is this true? :confused:

MOFO
08-01-2006, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
I was at adamsburg last about a year ago. They had No Trespassing signs all over the place. I heard it got shut down because someone got hurt. Is this true? :confused:

Where abouts in PA are you now? Still near the 'burgh?

250x_kyle
08-01-2006, 04:40 PM
im like 35 min north of butler. has anyone went to switch back beore its near slipery rock pa

250x_kyle
08-01-2006, 04:40 PM
im like 35 min north of butler. has anyone went to switch back beore its near slipery rock pa

Jblazin98
08-01-2006, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider

I havent been there for a while either...but i did hear someone got hurt there recently...that sucks if it got closed down we used to go there all the time...Have you ever been to Brovards its near twin lakes and the Coke plant on Donahue Road...

outacontrol
08-01-2006, 05:23 PM
matter of fact i had today off and went there. been there a few times now, but its all rutted out now, and the little "tracks" that were built up there are now non existent. quad was back on the truck in 30 minutes:(

LTandRaptorider
08-01-2006, 05:36 PM
Where abouts in PA are you now? Still near the 'burgh?

yep, not too far. About 25 miles northeast of Pittsburgh... The great little town of New Kensington... :p

LTandRaptorider
08-01-2006, 05:38 PM
I havent been there for a while either...but i did hear someone got hurt there recently...that sucks if it got closed down we used to go there all the time...Have you ever been to Brovards its near twin lakes and the Coke plant on Donahue Road...

Nope, never been there. Shoot me a PM next time you go, always looking for new riding places! :cool:

MX MaNiAc 06
08-01-2006, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle

Ive been to Switchback. I go to Slippery Rock high school.

wishmasstir
08-01-2006, 06:27 PM
i used to go to switchback about 6 years ago ... is it still a practice track?

MX MaNiAc 06
08-01-2006, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by wishmasstir
i used to go to switchback about 6 years ago ... is it still a practice track?

Yeah but it has changed drastically. It is now 2 tracks. There is a supercross track with technicle jumps and a motocross track with huge jumps.

wishmasstir
08-01-2006, 06:45 PM
do they have open practice everyday?? and is it all quad friendly??

MX MaNiAc 06
08-01-2006, 08:48 PM

Only thursdays 5-9. I havent been there since last September. I got landed on by a dirtbike n broke my leg last time i was there.

No they are not quad friendly. I went to a race n asked one of the maintenence guys when they had practice n told him i ride a quad. He said "Thursday, dont touch the bike ruts in the berms. I hate ****in quads for that"

www.switchbackmx.com

knighttime
08-01-2006, 09:31 PM

ive driven by and the jumps are huge. if you ride a quad there, you better be good.

i think they also have a hare-scramble track

MX MaNiAc 06
08-02-2006, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by knighttime
ive driven by and the jumps are huge. if you ride a quad there, you better be good.

i think they also have a hare-scramble track

U should see the motocross jumps in the back. There is a 120' step up, 70' triple, 60' triple, 60' double, 60-70' table.

The supercross track is so technicle. It would take a lot of talent to do the jumps on a quad. Id just stick to the motocross track unless there wasnt many bikes on the supercross track.

Yes they have a harescramble track and i hear its pretty tight with some off cambers and hillclimbs. But they dont have enough woods to make it very long so they run it onto the motocross and supercross tracks. :huh

PolarisRider
08-02-2006, 11:48 AM
Ive been to Switchback. I go to Slippery Rock high school.

sweet, i play your school, im form North Clarion

MOFO
08-02-2006, 12:12 PM
U should see the motocross jumps in the back. There is a 120' step up, 70' triple, 60' triple, 60' double, 60-70' table.

The supercross track is so technicle. It would take a lot of talent to do the jumps on a quad. Id just stick to the motocross track unless there wasnt many bikes on the supercross track.

Yes they have a harescramble track and i hear its pretty tight with some off cambers and hillclimbs. But they dont have enough woods to make it very long so they run it onto the motocross and supercross tracks. :huh

Years ago I ran a few races up there (XC)... it is tight in a few sections and does have some nice hill climbs... I actually enjoyed it... the part I did not like was running their POS MX track as part of an XC race.

outacontrol
08-02-2006, 02:58 PM
i talked to a coworker that said the mx track has rocks the size of my head on it and he didnt enjoy it. He is an A class rider as well.