PDA

View Full Version : Elka setup

dirtriderex
07-30-2006, 04:39 PM
Ok, today at a harescramble I got the worst arm pump. It's been 8 hours now and my arms still feel like jelly. My qustion is what setting do you guys have on your elkas for XC for compression and rebound. Or maybe my shocks are blown. I rarley get any pump if any, whats going on? Or it's b/c I have not rode for 3 weeks. I'm just very confused

DJJ450r
07-30-2006, 05:19 PM
Not riding for 3 weeks probably had something to do with it, when you bought them did you have them revalved by someone else because they are usually wrong, I would send them to laz at GT Thunder to get them revalved and whatever else you need, or just get axis:devil:

dirtriderex
07-30-2006, 06:37 PM
I had them valved for me, and for xc racing.

Ex_Rider43
07-30-2006, 06:44 PM
when i got mine they were so off that I thougt stock shocks were better. at least they didnt cost 2000$ !

They were very stiff , low speed compression was very hard , contact someone else then elka because they will tell you that you need a softer main spring :rolleyes:

i heard that Derisi does wonder on elkas since he's using them this year.

DJJ450r
07-30-2006, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Ex_Rider43
when i got mine they were so off that I thougt stock shocks were better. at least they didnt cost 2000$ !

They were very stiff , low speed compression was very hard , contact someone else then elka because they will tell you that you need a softer main spring :rolleyes:

i heard that Derisi does wonder on elkas since he's using them this year. My LT axis cost me $1325, and my friend bought the same set for $1175, and they work perfect, even if Axis is more expensive and may take a little longer (mine took 4 weeks and they told me 8) atleast they are set up right the first time and you don't have to send them to get them redone.

DJJ450r
07-30-2006, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by dirtriderex
I had them valved for me, and for xc racing. If you got them valved directly from elka then I would send them to laz to get them revalved for you and xc, and you probably need a new main spring.

dirtriderex
07-31-2006, 06:55 PM
awww man, I don't want to be missing any races. I might just wait it out. I don't know. Whats the turn around time, b/c I had derisi do my rear shock and it took 3 months, but it rode awsome.

hicksd
08-01-2006, 10:13 AM
Laz at GT Thunder has quick turn times...should be less than 2 weeks total and this is including shipping.

MR.BIG
08-01-2006, 10:52 AM
I just had my elka's redone by derisi racing and it took about 6 wks but I told him there was no rush so 6wks isn't really that bad at this time of the year.

duke416ex
08-01-2006, 11:24 AM
What about a steering stabilizer? If you aren't running one then maybe you should look into one. I have heard many people say it helped their arm pump. I didn't get arm pump very bad, but I like mine just for taking the joults out of hitting hard stuff. Also, have you ever adjusted your ride height on your quad? It helped the handling on mine tremendously!!!

trx400exxracer
08-01-2006, 11:34 AM
Elka sucks from them get em revalved by Derisi he had all mine revalved quick like all three stockers revalved and sprung less than 1or 2 weeks he had emm done just told him i needed them for a race and he brought em to the race and they are great he is the man

his number is 704-538-3512

he will be in all day tommorow:D