PDA

View Full Version : cam cuestions

nj300exr
08-22-2002, 07:57 AM
i have some questions. i am getting a new cam for my 300 i am defenitley thinking white bros. and i think mid range is what i want. any other suggetions. also my cycle shop tyold me if i get that i need new valve springs. they gavew me a choice of aluminum or tittanium. now i need to know first of all are they trying to rip me off or do i really need the new ones. also will aluminum hold up or should i just get the titanium? any help helps thanx:confused: :confused:

flaneledholes
08-22-2002, 09:54 AM
It is gonna take valve springs, AND Hardened rocker arms... I will suggest the titanium... Although there are some less aggressive cams out there that can let you not have to do this, but the increases will not be as significant...

Sick0
08-22-2002, 07:24 PM
bump

BS300ex5
08-22-2002, 08:21 PM
it's almost a neccessity to get the valve sporing and the rockers are only needed if you got an unlimited rev box (reason being is because with those extra revs your producing so much extra heat and the stock rockers only have .07 of chroming on them and the extra heat melts it right off and makes then extremely weakaftermarket rockers are .40 chromed to withstand the heat and that wont break under pressure so basically if u aint got the unlimited rev box you dont need the rockers but the valve springs are needed ....... also my suggestion is go for the tc all around cam

nj300exr
08-25-2002, 05:50 AM
thanx guys or gals lots of help my questions are now closer to being solved but any suggestions to any mfgr. of rocker arms